Senior Design Team Challenge: Stir, Sip & Enjoy

October brings those cool crisp autumn days that make us dig out those
warm wooly sweaters and savor a warm cup of coffee, tea or cider
between our hands! The challenge I issued this month was to create a project that
incorporated giving the gift of a hot beverage. It could be as simple as
a unique card design that holds a tea bag or a single serving of
coffee. Or a bit more in depth by decorating a coffee mug
or a Timeless Template to hold all the necessary supplies for the
recipient to stir, sip & enjoy!

I opted to create a special tri-fold card that would house pockets capable of holding a few teabags.

Ensemble

I kept everything real simple, true to my style.

First, I thought I would provide you with the specifics of the card base…

Card-cut-+-score

You can create the tri-fold card base from a single sheet of 8.5 x 11 cardstock.  The finished card is 3.5" x 5" with a 1/4" spine, so it's a nice little size.

Focal closeup

The focal point was created using our Tea for Two set along with a border from the new Vintage Labels set.  Both stamped with Melon Berry ink.

Card interior

There is actually a window cut in the cover of the card using a Labels 1 die (Spellbinders).  The interior of the card features a Vintage Cream cardstock panel.  Once the card is opened you can see how the focal point is accented with a strip of Melon Berry In Bloom patterned paper.

Back of card

Back to the outside cover, the In Bloom paper is carried all the way around to the back of the project.  Along with the border I created with one of my handy dandy Martha Stewart Border Punches and Vintage Cream cardstock.  I love adding little finishing details like that.  It makes everything more polished!

Card open

When you open the card completely, it exposes two pockets holding teabags.

Cutting diecut in half

The "flaps" that adorn the pockets were created with one of the borders from Vintage Labels, diecut with the coordinating Labels 1 die, then cut in half.

Adhering pockets

The pockets are created with 2.75" squares of In Bloom patterned paper.  I used 1/4" ScorTape on three sides to adhere them in place.  Then simply added the Vintage Label halves to the top of each pocket!  Super easy!

Envelope

I designed a matching envelope that accommodates the thickness of the teabags once they are inserted into the pockets.  I lined it with more of the Melon Berry In Bloom paper.

Here is a FREE print & go download I created for you to create your own matching envelope for this card.  You want to print it directly onto 8.5 x 11 cardstock, score on the dotted lines and cut on the solid lines.  I used a corner rounder punch on the corners of the top flap, which you can do too if you wish.

Download Trifold tea card envelope template

To inspire you even more today, the design team gals have hit it out of the park and put together amazing projects to meet this challenge!

Becky-oehlers

CLICK HERE to read more from Becky.

Heather-nichols

CLICK HERE to read more from Heather

Lisa-johnson

CLICK HERE to read more from Lisa.

Michelle-wooderson

CLICK HERE to read more from Michelle.

Lauren-meader

CLICK HERE to read more from Lauren.

Teri-anderson

CLICK HERE to read more from Teri.

Now that you've absorbed all of this creativity involving these cozy gifts of warm goodness, take a moment to think about who you know, who you see everyday or maybe even someone you haven't seen in a while, that would appreciate receiving a small act of kindness & thoughtfulness.  The gift of ten minutes to sit back and enjoy that warm cup between their hands.  Make something fun today!

Supplies-&-Tools

Stamps: Tea for Two, Vintage Labels

Ink: Melon Berry

Paper: Vintage Cream, Classic Kraft, In Bloom Paper Pad(melon berry)

Other: Rustic Cream Button Twine, Labels 1 dies (Spellbinders), corner rounder punch, Martha Stewart Border Punch

Finished Size: 3.5" x 5"

P.S. Still a few finishing touches left to do with my "blog construction".  I hope to have all of the links and archives back in place by the end of the week!  Thanks for your patience and encouragement!

Annette says:

This is a wonderful idea!
    I love it.
    Greatings from germany
    Annette

So much fantastic inspiration! Love how you changed your blog! Off to pull out my new Vintage Labels stamps!!

Jessica says:

These creations are stunning!!! Your tea pack is just too cute. I have to create this for myself to carry in my bag or car. In Bloom, Tea for Two and Melon Berry sound really good 😉

Looks good. This stamp set (vintage labels) is definitely on my list. Thanks for the download. I’m always on the lookout for special card sizes.
    Eveline.

Michelle Balletti says:

First let me say that the website is great. The challenge was quite interesting…I’m not sure if everyone viewing your website sees this but the right side of your blog is cutting off your stuff. I’m not sure if you know this or not. Just wanted to fill you in.

Taheerah says:

Fantastic creations by all of the DT as usual – I’m just blown away! Going to have to sit and think of what I can come up with along this theme – I love the idea of having a little ‘carry pack’ of tea to give to friends!

Loving seeing the blog take on more shape as the hours and days go by, it’s gone from wow to super-wow!!

Sandra says:

This is absolutly my favorite!!! I love it!

Heidi S says:

Wow! What a great wat to give some tea. All of the projects are beautiful. Thank you for the template and instructions.

Jane says:

Awesome projects and I’m loving your new blog look!!!

CherylQuilts at SCS says:

Nichole, what great ideas! You are amazing. I love this great idea for tea bags…always love anything tea, and this is darling! Thanks so much for the template…now off the play! Have a great day!

Bonnie Sharp says:

I just think your website is looking wonderful – and these projects ARE really out of the park too!

I just love waking up to a new post on Capturing the Moment. These projects are wonderful–as always. Thanks for the template. My folder of goodies from you grows and grows and I so appreciate your creativity and kindness.

Perfect timing, I love this cooler time of year and I know several teachers and friends that could use a “little something” to warm their day.

Love the new website, it looks so clean and fresh!

Thanks for everything!

Egads! This is just perfect! I made a little hot chocolate package for my kids’ teachers last year and want to do it again, but I can’t do the same thing over again. Thanks for all the inspiration!!

julie coit says:

I also can’t see the whole project only a little of it. Is this my computer or is this the way we have to view everything,i don’t like not being able to see everything.

Kris says:

More great ideas…..love, love, love them and can’t wait to try them out myself! Alas, I am in the throws of making Tucked Away favor boxes for our daughters wedding in two weeks. All other projects and creativity are on hold until after the wedding!

Kari D says:

Just received my PTI order in the mail….apparently right in time to start creating fun “gotta have a cuppa” projects! OH MY I love this blog and its continuous inspiration, techniques, tools,and links to amazing artists! THANKS so much, Nichole. You really know how to start my day!

Gorgeous Nichole, so clever, so kind of you (as always) to share. I am off to make some right now, you have truly inspired me. I have proudly “snagged” your pretty blinkie!

SMK says:

i love these templates! and these projects are so gorgeous!! thank you for continued inspiration 🙂

Dee Dee says:

This is pretty much my favorite post ever. Inspiring ideas, free templates, products I want, and links to more great work. LOVING IT!

Sheree says:

Happy October! Can you believe the end of the year is just around the corner.
    Love these ideas, I was thinking I needed something for those in our office that are asked to stay home if the slightests ill, for fear of spreading to everyone in the office. This is perfect.
    I too can not view the middle column of your blog, as the right side is cut off. I thought it was odd and I even have a wide screen monitor. Your project was fine, it is the other ladies that have been cut off.
    Thanks for all your wonderful ideas.

Sheree

Sarah Fisher says:

Love the fall ideas! Thanks for always sharing your templates. I love the updated blog!

Elizabeth S. says:

Thanks for the template!! This is a terrific idea!! Get so much inspiration from your blog and team. Your new blog is looking fantastic!

Monica L says:

I think I have just about everything to do the tri-fold card. Love the idea!! Thanks to the design team for all their wonderful insprirations.

I, like others, have the issue with seeing the right side of the blog entries.

Stefani says:

Nichole, I just read your most recent Papertrey Ink newsletter. I {LOVE} the orange boxes you have in between your comments… especially the “less is more” box. It would match and look nice on my blog — would you give me permission to copy that and show it on my blog?

Thank you!
    ~Stefani~
    cardsbystefani@gmail.com

Catherine says:

Wow, that is so clever :0) I just love all the inspiration from your blog…thank you!

Helen F. says:

LOVE these projects for FALL, Nicole. You and the DT always give us such awesome creative gift ideas…Thank you so much.

Carol R says:

You always seem to come up with the most interesting ideas at the right time. I love how each of the designers has shown how to make a special gift to give someone. Excellent ideas! Also, I love what you are doing with your blog.

Sarah N. says:

Cute idea!!! I just had to comment though about your new “look” – I am CRAZY for the links to the releases by day for all the stamps!!! Thank you thank you thank you! I am constantly checking the PTI site for release month then clicking the archived month and scrolling until I find what I want. THIS IS AMAZING!!! I can’t say thanks enough!

Shelli says:

Oh Man, Nichole! You rock! Thanks so much for the tutorial and the printable envelope! You are amazing————–I guess I know what I will be doing tomorrow!

lisa808 says:

Thanks for the templates. I love this idea and will definitely be making some.

Martha says:

Yesterday, my computer at work cut off the pictures but my computer at home did not. Today, my computer at work shows them all! Thank you (I thought it was my computer!) Martha

Love this project and it will work great with the new Starbucks instant!!

diane mcvey says:

Oh, Nichole!! You make everything so beautifully! You just think of all the little details that make things extra special 😀 I just love your creations, and the tea holder is no exception! You are just amazing. The design team did a great job too! Everything they did was just AWESOME!!!
    I LOVE LOVE LOVE PaperTreyInk!!! =)

Carol L says:

I can’t wait to come here to see what you’ve all been up to! These tea bag cards and envies are awesome!! TFS the template!!

Thank you for sharing a this lovely little card design! We are sharing on our Facebook page today, hope that is ok. TFS, Susan