Hi everybody, welcome to our new feature What do I do with this? For this challenge our designers will get to try out some of these new tools and share the projects they created using them. We’ve got some fun, new things coming to the Papertrey Ink store and our designers will show you how to use them so you’ll be comfortable incorporating them into your card-making and gift-giving. Stay tuned for exciting and creative things coming your way! We want to share what our designers love with you, and this gives you a first-hand look into their crafty-faves!
Let’s get started!
- I created rose background by white embossing outline ranunculus images from the Ravishing Ranunculus Stamp Set onto a white cardstock.
- To create continuous design I was embossing one image at a time, overlapping it with already embossed one and brushing off embossing powder from the overlapped areas before heat setting.
- After I filled the whole panel with embossed flowers I blended Distress Oxide Inks in rainbow order using the Tonic Studios Nuvo Dual Tipped Blender Brushes.
- The white embossed on black sentiment was made using the Perfect Pairs: Essentials Stamp and Die Sets.
- To accentuate the card I used several clear drops which were adhered in clusters of 2 or 3 creating a visual triangle. Placing them such way makes the design more balanced.
PAPER: Stamper’s Select White, Perfect Match: True Black
DIES: Perfect Pairs: Essentials
OTHER: Tonic Studios Nuvo Dual Tipped Blender Brushes, Distress Oxide Inks, Clear Drops, White Embossing Powder
This month in the What Do I do With This Challenge we are playing with pretty Rain Stones. There are a number of reasons I like to have stones, sequins, and jewels in my supply stash. I use them to add center to flowers, eyes to critters and birds, and to add some sparkle to a project. They are always great for covering up small mistakes like ink smudges and paint splatters that are too large.
My card is created with the new Stitched With Love Stamp Set and Dies. The flowers and greenery are stamped in Versamark Ink and embossed with gold embossing powder and then colored with Copic Markers. I added Rain Stones to the flowers and leaves.
STAMPS: Stitched In Love
DIES: Stitched In Love, Love to Layer: Scalloped Circle Die
INK: Versmark, True Black
PAPER: Stamper’s Select White, Mint Julep, Gold, Bitty Big: Lilac Grace Color Collection
OTHER: Gold Embossing Powder, Copic Markers, Ribbon, Foam Tape, Rain Stones
One winner will be chosen at random to receive a $25 gift certificate.
To enter, participants are required to create a card with a little sparkle using PTI/Ink to Paper supplies and Svitlana’s or Melody’s technique or your very own. Share your finished project via the link below. We can’t wait to see what you make!
Only one entry per person and the deadline is July 28th at 6am. This post will be updated with the randomly selected winner.
EDITED TO ADD THE RANDOMLY SELECTED WINNER
Congratulations, Luanne! Please send an email to customer service and provide them with your full name and the email address you would like your gift certificate sent to. Thanks so much to everyone for playing along!