It’s another new week and that means that I’m here with another card, created just for you. I’ve had yellow and flowers on my mind all throughout our stormy week, so my card today uses plenty of those elements. Let’s get started!
I began with Lemon Tart cardstock, the Nesting Basics: Rectangles and Pierced Rectangles dies, and the Tulip Time stamp set. I stamped the second step of my tulips first, so I could more easily layer the other images. The second layer was stamped in Bright Buttercup ink.
I then went back and stamped the first layer of the Tulip Time stamp set, using Lemon Tart ink. Stamping the darker images first, helped me line up other layers more easily.
Next came the third layer of my tulips, and I stamped it in Summer Sunrise. I love multiple step stamps…they come to life with each new layer.
My stems were stamped in Fine Linen. I then added a floral image from the Forest Floor: Summer stamp set, stamping in Fine Linen and Lemon Tart.
I love stenciling over stamped images, so for my next step, I used Bright Buttercup ink and the Stencil Basics: Dots.
Now for a few fun, finishing touches. I used a bit of pink seam binding and tied a bow new the top, center of my card. I then adhered a die cut Tag Sale #12, cut from Sheer Basics Vellum.
For my sentiment, I used the Words to Live By: Smile Mini stamp set, stamping in Olive Twist. My die cut Smile comes from the Bold Borders: Prism die and was cut from metallic gold cardstock.
To embellish I added stamped and die cut floral images from the Forest Floor: Winter and Let’s Fiesta! stamp sets. I stamped in Sweet Blush, Summer Sunrise, Lemon Tart, and Spring Moss ink.
I layered my pierced rectangle over a Stamper’s Select White cardstock base to set it apart a bit.
Sequins and a button were added to add a little shimmer and shine and to finish my card off.
- STAMPS: Tulip Time, Forest Floor: Summer, Forest Floor: Winter, Words to Live By: Smile Mini, Let’s Fiesta
- INK: Lemon Tart, Bright Buttercup, Summer Sunrise, Fine Linen, Sweet Blush, Olive Twist, Spring Moss
- CARDSTOCK: Lemon Tart, Stamper’s Select White, Sheer Basics Vellum
- DIES: Nesting Basics: Rectangles, Nesting Basics: Pierced Rectangles, Tag Sale #12, Let’s Fiesta, Forest Floor: Winter, Bold Borders: Prism
- OTHER: seam binding, sequins, metallic gold cardstock
Thanks so much for visiting! Enjoy your Monday.