Welcome to Simple to Spectacular!
Who doesn’t love a simple, classic sugar cookie? But then you add icing and it gets even sweeter and more decadent. And then you pop on some sprinkles and suddenly it’s a party! The idea of this feature will be to show how a single stamp set can be used to create a card from clean and simple to downright fabulous with a few extra layers and embellishments.
We have a few designers participating today and they each have three progressive card designs to share using the Baker’s Dozen stamp set. Enjoy!
“It never fails, as soon as Christmas is over I cannot wait to break out the Valentine’s Day stamps! I love that there are cupcakes for each month, making this the perfect year round stamp set! Of course I was drawn to the February cupcake and paired it with lots of pink! Pop on over to my blog and I will share with you my thoughts and design choices for each card!”
- STAMPS: Baker’s Dozen, Stitching Garden
- INK: Hibiscus Burst, Raspberry Fizz, Pure Poppy, Mint Julep, True Black, Memento Tuxedo Black
- CARDSTOCK: Stamper’s Select White, Raspberry Fizz, Bitty Big: Pink Posey
- DIES: Baker’s Dozen, Stitching Garden, Pierced Feature Frames: Oval, Shape Shifters: Oval 3
- OTHER: Copic markers, Sequins, Wooden heart
“As the holidays come to a close, I’m reminded of the goodness all around me! I’m thrilled to use the fabulous Baker’s Dozen stamp set to create some seasonal thank you cards with a sweet twist! If you’re short on time, or ready to nestle in on a snowy day, these 3 designs should fit the bill! Head to my blog for all of the details!”
- STAMPS: Baker’s Dozen
- INK: Versamark, Black, Weathervane
- PAPER: Spring Rain, Stamper’s Select White Cardstock
- DIES: Baker’s Dozen, Bold Borders: Flurries, Nesting Basics: circles, Nesting Basics: pierced circles
- OTHER: embossing powder, rhinestone gems, Copic markers, Nuvo drops, glitter
“As we approach Christmas, I always like to prep some thank you cards to send out after the holidays, and Baker’s Dozen (and a Simple to Spectacular assignment!) made it easy to add a few thank you cards to my stash! I love the process of creating the same basic card three ways, and I’d love to walk you through my process, if you want to pop over to my blog to check these cards out!”
- STAMPS: Baker’s Dozen
- INK: Ranger Jet Black Archival Ink
- PAPER: Kraft, Tropical Teal, New Leaf, Raspberry Fizz, Pure Poppy, Watercolor card stock
- DIES: Baker’s Dozen, Delicates, Shape Shifters: Oval 2, Limitless Layers: 2-1/2″ Square
- OTHER: Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers, Water Brush