Hello everyone and welcome to this month’s Traveler’s Journal feature! This month is all about creating outer covers for traveler’s journals! For all of the small traveler’s journals created, you can add them together to create one big book. The outer cover can be created from all sorts of things: cardstock, fabric, felt, vinyl, leather, and so much more. You can customize and personalize your cover however you want to make it work perfectly for a project or a specific person. Inside this cover is an elastic cord binding that you slide your journals into to hold them inside the cover.
Click here for a tutorial on how to add the elastic cord binding to the original Traveler’s Journal Cover; however, the Passport Cover can be assembled using these same tips.
Now, take a look at the great inspiration for creating covers for Passport Traveler’s Journal from the Traveler’s Journal team. I love all of the different ideas that they have to share with you today! We were so excited when we saw their ideas! Ashley created a no-sew fabric and felt cover to hold her December 2018 memories and Kelly made a sewn fabric cover to hold an address book that’s perfect for the card and gift giving season.
“The holiday season is my favorite time of year to document memories. I created a no-sew fabric cover to hold my December holiday memory books. On my blog, I share some tips on how to use basic supplies without a need of a sewing machine to create a fabric cover.”
- DIES: Traveler’s Journal: Passport Cover, Traveler’s Journal: December, Modern Numbers, Holiday Home, Pinking Shears Border
- OTHER: Aqua Mist Felt, Fine Linen Felt, Pure Poppy Felt, Traveler’s Journal: Black Elastic Cord, pinking shears (Fiskars), stitch witchery (Dritz), Heat’NBond
“As a card maker, I’m always in need of addresses to send out my handmade cards, but especially so during the Holidays! These addresses are often ones that I don’t use a lot during the year, so I thought it would be fun to create a holiday address book using the Passport size Traveler’s Journal pages. I also made a sewn cover using some festive fabric with an inside pocket for postage stamps along with some custom clips!”
- STAMPS: Santa Stationery
- DIES: circle, rickrack border, postage stamp
- INK: Pure Poppy, Vintage Jadeite, True Black, Versamark
- PAPER: Vintage Jadeite, Linen cardstock, Pure Poppy
- OTHER: Sweet Blush buttons, Pure Poppy felt, Baker’s twine, shrink plastic, fabric (Swell Christmas by Urban Chiks for Mora) sewing machine and thread, elastic cord, paper clips, Pure Poppy saddlestitch ribbon, silver embossing powder, hot glue
We hope you enjoyed our Passport Traveler’s Journal Covers today and are inspired to make covers for your own journals with the Traveler’s Journal collection.