Welcome to Transformation Tuesday!
We all have cards that don’t necessarily turn out the way we had envisioned or a project that we designed to be feminine that could be made masculine with a few tweaks. Some of you may remember the Recipe Remix Challenge from SAF 2013. It’s sort of like that (but with our own projects instead of customer submitted projects). The idea is to show a project transformed into something fresh and new.
Join Dawn McVey today as she transforms a card with a fall color scheme to something more suited for the holiday season.
“The card I decided to transform is one that I really love, but it leans a bit fall-ish, thanks to the color scheme. So I decided to swap out the colors and florals, as well as the sentiment, to transform it into a Christmas card, and I’m really pleased with the results. Transforming your own favorite cards, is a great way to get some fresh, new cards made for each new season, without having to reinvent the wheel each time!”
- STAMPS: Blooming Amaryllis, Sentiment Staples: Merry Christmas, Spruce & Sprigs
- INK: Hibiscus Burst, Pure Poppy, Raspberry Fizz, Scarlet Jewel, Tropical Teal, Olive Twist
- PAPER: Pure Poppy, Tropical Teal, Olive Twist, Vellum Bitty Dot, Stamper’s select White
- DIES: Blooming Amaryllis, Spruce & Sprigs, Scallop Stackers: Large, Shape Shifters: Square 2
- OTHER: Nuvo Gold Embellishing Mousse, Martha Stewart Smoky Quartz glitter, adhesive gems
Now we want you to give it a go! Take a card you’ve made in the past and transform it in some way.
If you are joining along, here are the details for this Transformation Tuesday Challenge:
- Create a project utilizing your take on the challenge. Your project must use at least one Papertrey product and transform a previous card you made into a new project.
- Please enter new projects only.
- Post your project on your blog, in your gallery or on any other photo-hosting site (such as photobucket or flickr).
- Add your project to our InLinkz list below. ONLY ONE ENTRY PER PERSON PLEASE.
- You will have until 6am ET, Tuesday, October 23rd, to add your link to the list to be eligible to win.
- One randomly selected winner will be chosen from ALL the entries on Tuesday, October 23rd, after 6am. The winner will be posted here on this blog post, on Twitter and Facebook. The randomly selected winner will get a $25 PTI gift certificate to spend however they like!
EDITED TO ADD THE RANDOMLY SELECTED WINNER:
Congratulations, Maureen Plut! Please send an email to customer service and provide them with your full name and the email address you would like your gift certificate sent to. Thanks so much to everyone for playing along!