Welcome to Transformation Tuesday!
We all have cards that don’t necessarily turn out the way we had envisioned or a project that we designed to be feminine that could be made masculine with a few tweaks. Some of you may remember the Recipe Remix Challenge from SAF 2013. It’s sort of like that (but with our own projects instead of customer submitted projects). The idea is to show a project transformed into something fresh and new.
Join Laurie Schmidlin as she takes a card that she felt didn’t measure up and make the main image shine. She changed up some of the colors and now the image takes center stage:
“When I first created the card using the Text & Texture: Roses stamp set I knew it didn’t quite measure up to what I had originally pictured. I was hoping to achieve a calm and peaceful look but don’t think it really did the beautiful roses justice. I decided to recreate the card using pinks and purples, giving the roses a chance to really shine!”Supplies:
- STAMPS: Text & Texture: Roses, You Made My Day
- INK: Raspberry Fizz, Amethyst Allure, True Black
- PAPER: Stamper’s Select White, Raspberry Fizz
- OTHER: Twine, Lace, Wooden heart
Now we want you to give it a go! Take a card you’ve made in the past and transform it in some way.
If you are joining along, here are the details for this Transformation Tuesday Challenge:
- Create a project utilizing your take on the challenge. Your project must use at least one Papertrey product and transform a previous card you made into a new project.
- Please enter new projects only.
- Post your project on your blog, in your gallery or on any other photo-hosting site (such as photobucket or flickr).
- Add your project to our InLinkz list below. ONLY ONE ENTRY PER PERSON PLEASE.
- You will have until 6am ET, Tuesday, August 28th, to add your link to the list to be eligible to win.
- One randomly selected winner will be chosen from ALL the entries on Tuesday, August 28th, after 6am. The winner will be posted here on this blog post, on Twitter and Facebook. The randomly selected winner will get a $25 PTI gift certificate to spend however they like!
EDITED TO ADD THE RANDOMLY SELECTED WINNER:
Congratulations, Greta H! Please send an email to customer service and provide them with your full name and the email address you would like your gift certificate sent to. Thanks so much to everyone for playing along!Good luck to everyone and we look forward to seeing your projects!