Welcome to Transformation Tuesday!
We all have cards that don’t necessarily turn out the way we had envisioned or a project that we designed to be feminine that could be made masculine with a few tweaks. Some of you may remember the Recipe Remix Challenge from SAF 2013. It’s sort of like that (but with our own projects instead of customer submitted projects). The idea is to show a project transformed into something fresh and new.
Join Laurie Schmidlin as she takes a card that she actually really loves and did an update for the summer season:
“One of my favorite things about the Transformation Tuesday challenge is that is helped me to view my cards differently. Sometimes there are cards that don’t necessarily turn out the way I had pictured and it’s fun to get a chance to try again. This card wasn’t like that. In fact, it was one of my favorites. But being season specific (Christmas), the design was limited. I thought the design would work great for a bright summer card as well so I took this opportunity to give it a try! I used the summer version of the Beautiful Berries set and added in some Stitching Garden flowers for even more color. I love how this turned out and seeing as there is a Beautiful Berries set for every season I just might make a Fall and Spring one as well!”
- STAMPS: Beautiful Berries: Summer, Stitching Garden, Penned Elegance, Cover Up: Grid
- INK: Sweet Blush, Hibiscus Burst, Raspberry Fizz, Harvest Gold, Honey Nut, Pure Poppy, Amethyst Allure, Aqua Mist, Hawaiian Shores, Green Parakeet, New Leaf, True Black, Versamark
- PAPER: Stamper’s Select White, Raspberry Fizz
- DIES: Scallop Stackers: Larger, Stitching Garden, Beautiful Berries: Summer
- OTHER: White detail embossing powder, Sequins
Now we want you to give it a go! Take a card you’ve made in the past and transform it in some way.
If you are joining along, here are the details for this Transformation Tuesday Challenge:
- Create a project utilizing your take on the challenge. Your project must use at least one Papertrey product and transform a previous card you made into a new project.
- Please enter new projects only.
- Post your project on your blog, in your gallery or on any other photo-hosting site (such as photobucket or flickr).
- Add your project to our InLinkz list below. ONLY ONE ENTRY PER PERSON PLEASE.
- You will have until 6am ET, Tuesday, August 7th, to add your link to the list to be eligible to win.
- One randomly selected winner will be chosen from ALL the entries on Tuesday, August 7th, after 6am. The winner will be posted here on this blog post, on Twitter and Facebook. The randomly selected winner will get a $25 PTI gift certificate to spend however they like!
EDITED TO ADD THE RANDOMLY SELECTED WINNER:
Congratulations, Donna Gourley! Please send an email to customer service and provide them with your full name and the email address you would like your gift certificate sent to. Thanks so much to everyone for playing along!