Welcome to Transformation Tuesday!
We all have cards that don’t necessarily turn out the way we had envisioned or a project that we designed to be feminine that could be made masculine with a few tweaks. Some of you may remember the Recipe Remix Challenge from SAF 2013. It’s sort of like that (but with our own projects instead of customer submitted projects). The idea is to show a project transformed into something fresh and new.
Join Laurie Schmidlin today as she focuses on the background elements of the card she is transforming as well as a fresh color palette for the warmer season:
“Ever since I first created this Autumn colored Flower Power card last November, I have been wanting a re-do. These large, gorgeous flowers deserve to be the focal image without the background elements competing for notice. Changing the color of the frame and background paper to a soft neutral would have helped quite a bit, but since the warmer weather has finally arrived I wanted to change up the flower colors as well. On the updated card, I kept the backgrounds soft and unobtrusive, allowing the brightly colored flowers to shine.”
- STAMPS: Flower Power
- PAPER: Stamper’s Select White, Soft Stone, Bitty Big: Soft Stone
- INK: Harvest Gold, Honey Nut, , Dark Chocolate, Kraft, Sweet Blush, Hibiscus Burst, Raspberry Fizz, Pure Poppy, Scarlet Jewel, Aqua Mist, Hawaiian Shores, Green Parakeet, New Leaf, Lilac Grace, Amethyst Allure, True Black
- DIES: Flower Power, Noted: Pinked Edge 2, Tag Sale: Quilted
Now we want you to give it a go! Take a card you’ve made in the past and transform it in some way.
If you are joining along, here are the details for this Transformation Tuesday Challenge:
- Create a project utilizing your take on the challenge. Your project must use at least one Papertrey product and transform a previous card you made into a new project.
- Please enter new projects only.
- Post your project on your blog, in your gallery or on any other photo-hosting site (such as photobucket or flickr).
- Add your project to our InLinkz list below. ONLY ONE ENTRY PER PERSON PLEASE.
- You will have until 6am ET, Tuesday, May 29th, to add your link to the list to be eligible to win.
- One randomly selected winner will be chosen from ALL the entries on Tuesday, May 29th, after 6am. The winner will be posted here on this blog post, on Twitter and Facebook. The randomly selected winner will get a $25 PTI gift certificate to spend however they like!
EDITED TO ADD THE RANDOMLY SELECTED WINNER:Congratulations, Susan Watanabe! Please send an email to customer service and provide them with your full name and the email address you would like your gift certificate sent to. Thanks so much to everyone for playing along!