Welcome to a new feature at Papertrey Ink called Transformation Tuesday.
We all have cards that don’t necessarily turn out the way we had envisioned or a project that we designed to be feminine that could be made masculine with a few tweaks. Some of you may remember the Recipe Remix Challenge from SAF 2013. It’s sort of like that (but with our own projects instead of customer submitted projects). The idea is to show a project transformed into something fresh and new.
Melissa Phillips is sharing how she took a card she created with a soft color palette and transformed it with a darker, bolder color palette:
“What a fun challenge, taking a card you may or may not love and transforming it into something similar but different. For my transformation, I took a card created in a shabby, pastel color palette and created a second in a darker color palette with bold contrast. There are so many ways to transform our creations, I can’t wait to see what you’ll come up with.”
- STAMPS: Especially for You and Penned Elegance
- INK: Ocean Tides, Olive Twist, Hawaiian Shores, Spring Moss
- PAPER: Stamper’s Select White, Ocean Tides
- DIES: Wine Bottle Tag II, To the Point Edgers II
- OTHER: Versamark Watermark Ink, white embossing powder, Shabby Green Embossing a Enamel, seam binding, vellum, sequins
Now we want you to give it a go! Take a card you’ve made in the past and transform it in some way.
If you are joining along, here are the details for this Transformation Tuesday Challenge:
- Create a project utilizing your take on the challenge. Your project must use at least one Papertrey product and transform a previous card you made into a new project.
- Please enter new projects only.
- Post your project on your blog, in your gallery or on any other photo-hosting site (such as photobucket or flickr).
- Add your project to our InLinkz list below. ONLY ONE ENTRY PER PERSON PLEASE.
- You will have until 6am ET, Tuesday, April 3rd, to add your link to the list to be eligible to win.
- One randomly selected winner will be chosen from ALL the entries on Tuesday, April 3rd, after 6am. The winner will be posted here on this blog post, on Twitter and Facebook. The randomly selected winner will get a $25 PTI gift certificate to spend however they like!
EDITED TO ADD THE RANDOMLY SELECTED WINNER:
Congratulations, Kristie Hartfeil! Please send an email to customer service and provide them with your full name and the email address you would like your gift certificate sent to. Thanks so much to everyone for playing along!