Welcome to a new feature at Papertrey Ink called Transformation Tuesday.
We all have cards that don’t necessarily turn out the way we had envisioned or a project that we designed to be feminine that could be made masculine with a few tweaks. Some of you may remember the Recipe Remix Challenge from SAF 2013. It’s sort of like that (but with our own projects instead of customer submitted projects). The idea is to show a project transformed into something fresh and new.
Lexi Daly is sharing how she transformed old to new today with a birthday card that turned out just fine, but she decided it could do with a little more festive flair:
“Back when I originally created this card, my starting point was to frame the cake to highlight it. But I remember feeling like the background was lacking, so i dropped in the negative part of the die cut and called it a day. Sometimes it just needs to be done already! And while it’s just fine that way, I really wanted to have more a festive first birthday feel, so that’s exactly what I tried to do this time around – removing the insert, adding streamers and stars, popping the cake out and changing the sentiment. Definitely more festive the second time around!”
- STAMPS: Invitation Basics, Fiesta Flag: Birthday, Birthday Style
- INK: Dark Chocolate, Hawaiian Shores, Hibiscus Burst, Lovely Lady, Harvest Gold
- PAPER: Stamper’s Select White, Shimmer Cream
- DIES: Invitation Basics, Fiesta Flag: Birthday, Shakers + Sprinkles Rectangle
- OTHER: Mini Star Sequins, Foam Tape, Wink of Stella Clear Glitter Pen
Now we want you to give it a go! Take a card you’ve made in the past and transform it in some way.
If you are joining along, here are the details for this Transformation Tuesday Challenge:
- Create a project utilizing your take on the challenge. Your project must use at least one Papertrey product and transform a previous card you made into a new project.
- Please enter new projects only.
- Post your project on your blog, in your gallery or on any other photo-hosting site (such as photobucket or flickr).
- Add your project to our InLinkz list below. ONLY ONE ENTRY PER PERSON PLEASE.
- You will have until 6am ET, Tuesday, March 6th, to add your link to the list to be eligible to win.
- One randomly selected winner will be chosen from ALL the entries on Tuesday, March 6th, after 6am. The winner will be posted here on this blog post, on Twitter and Facebook. The randomly selected winner will get a $25 PTI gift certificate to spend however they like!
EDITED TO ADD THE RANDOMLY SELECTED WINNER:
Congratulations, Oreety! Please send an email to customer service and provide them with your full name and the email address you would like your gift certificate sent to. Thanks so much to everyone for playing along!