Hello everyone and welcome to this month’s Traveler’s Journal feature! This month is all about creating journals based off of sketch inspiration! Sketches can be a great source of inspiration and the perfect place to start when creating journals, cards, scrapbooks, and more. Whether you are short on time or are in a creative rut, sketches can make projects transform into beautiful designs. Sketches can be followed exactly or interpreted freely.
We have designed some sketches to inspire you when creating Passport Traveler’s Journals. Click the link below the graphic for a FREE download of a collection of 6 sketches!
Now, take a look at the great inspiration for creating traveler’s journals using this year’s sketch downlaod from the Traveler’s Journal team.
“I have found that using Sketches are a great tool to get the creative juices rolling. Take them as an idea to play around with and they can turn a simple idea into beautiful Traveler’s Journals, cards, and scrapbook layouts! Let me show you how I used them to jump start my Traveler’s Journal of Lake Memories.”
- STAMPS: What the Doodle: Map Mini Set, Petite Places: Happy Camper, Mehndi Medallion Mini Set, Type Strips lll
- INK: Vintage Jadeite, Ocean Tides, Aqua Mist, Hawaiian Shores, Berry Sorbet, Blueberry Sky, Smokey Shadow, Dark Chocolate, Lovely Lady, Sweet Blush
- PAPER: Vintage Jadeite, Ocean Tides, Aqua Mist, Hawaiian Shores, Berry Sorbet, Blueberry Sky
- DIES: Petite Places: Happy Camper, Type Bits Strip
- JOURNAL: Accessories Die, Bullets Stamp Set, Passport Page Blanks, Passport Cover Die
- OTHER: PTI Rustic Button Twine in Cream, Fiskars 1” Circle Punch, Cuttlebug, Aleene’s Turbo Tacky Glue, Journaling Pen
“Sketches are a source of inspiration for me. When I thought about creating a journal to share today, inspiration resonated with me. So, I made a journal with inspirational words for my daughter. The sketches really helped the journal come together easily.”
- STAMPS: Dream, Fly Soar!, Words to Live By: Work, Cover Up: Grid, Words to Live By: Learn, Ink It In: Quoted, Yellow Sunshine, SAF 2018 Exclusive – Traveler’s Journal: Garden Notes, Butterfly Blooms, Sweet Treats
- INK: Smokey Shadow, Raspberry Fizz, Harvest Gold, Summer Sunrise, Sweet Blush, Aqua Mist, New Leaf, Lemon Tart, Classic Kraft, Dark Chocolate, Lovely Lady
- PAPER: Plum Pudding, Stamper’s Select White, Sweet Blush, Lovely Lady, Harvest Gold, Pure Poppy, Orange Zest, Dark Indigo, Limeade Ice, Aqua Mist, Melon Berry, Bitty Big: Raspberry Fizz, Bitty Big, Sweet Blush
- DIES: Dream,Fly, Soar! Sentiments, Yellow Sunshine, Noted: Simply Stitched A2 Vertical, Noted: Scalloped A2, Pierced Feature Frames, Nesting Basics: Circles, Nesting Basics: Pierced Circles, Tag Sale: Quilted, Sweet Treats
- OTHER: Dots stencil collection, jute twine
“Having a baby is a thrilling and special time and you want to make sure you document every precious memory! That being said, it is often hard to find the time once your new bundle arrives! I’ve used the sketches this month to create a Traveler’s Journal mini album to give as a baby gift! It is all ready to go, just add the pictures and it’s done!”
- STAMPS: Wee Folk Make It Market mini kit, Wonderful Words: Baby mini stamp set
- DIES: Scallop Stackers: small, Wee Folk, Wonderful Words: Baby, Pierced Feature Frames: Rectangles, Simple Gift Bow, Tag Sale #7
- INK: Pale Peony, Weathervane
- PAPER: Patterned paper from the Wee Folk kit, Pale Peony Bitty Big, Linen cardstock, Stamper’s Select White Cardstock, Aqua Mist, Pale Peony, Sweet Blush
- OTHER: twine and buttons from the Wee Folk Make It Market mini kit, gold embossing powder
We hope you enjoyed our Passport Traveler’s Journals today and are inspired to make one (or more) using the sketches for inspiration.