Welcome to Transformation Tuesday!
We all have cards that don’t necessarily turn out the way we had envisioned or a project that we designed to be feminine that could be made masculine with a few tweaks. Some of you may remember the Recipe Remix Challenge from SAF 2013. It’s sort of like that (but with our own projects instead of customer submitted projects). The idea is to show a project transformed into something fresh and new.
Join Lizzie Jones as she gives a makeover to a card that she created for the September release.
“I have a confession to make. I haven’t liked my original card from the moment I created it for the last countdown. It’s true; sometimes we all make cards that we simply don’t love once they’re finished. I liked all the individual parts of this card (the layout, the colors, the products), but once they were all put together I wasn’t pleased. So I decided to give this one a makeover! I hope you’ll join me as I take you through the steps I used to “fix” my original design!”
- STAMPS: Glorious Globes: September
- INK: Aqua Mist, Ocean Tides, Pinefeather, Pure Poppy
- CARDSTOCK: Pure Poppy, Vellum, White
- DIES: Say It Simply: Holly Jolly Christmas Die, Shape Shifters: Oval III, Pierced Feature Frames: Ovals
- OTHER: Foam Tape, Xyron, Garnet Glitter, Multi Medium Matte, Blending Sponges
Now we want you to give it a go! Take a card you’ve made in the past and transform it in some way.
If you are joining along, here are the details for this Transformation Tuesday Challenge:
- Create a project utilizing your take on the challenge. Your project must use at least one Papertrey product and transform a previous card you made into a new project.
- Please enter new projects only.
- Post your project on your blog, in your gallery or on any other photo-hosting site (such as photobucket or flickr).
- Add your project to our InLinkz list below. ONLY ONE ENTRY PER PERSON PLEASE.
- You will have until 6am ET, Tuesday, October 9th, to add your link to the list to be eligible to win.
- One randomly selected winner will be chosen from ALL the entries on Tuesday, October 9th, after 6am. The winner will be posted here on this blog post, on Twitter and Facebook. The randomly selected winner will get a $25 PTI gift certificate to spend however they like!
EDITED TO ADD THE RANDOMLY SELECTED WINNER:
Congratulations, Kim Heggins! Please send an email to customer service and provide them with your full name and the email address you would like your gift certificate sent to. Thanks so much to everyone for playing along!