Welcome to Transformation Tuesday!
We all have cards that don’t necessarily turn out the way we had envisioned or a project that we designed to be feminine that could be made masculine with a few tweaks. Some of you may remember the Recipe Remix Challenge from SAF 2013. It’s sort of like that (but with our own projects instead of customer submitted projects). The idea is to show a project transformed into something fresh and new.
Join Lizzie Jones took a card that she wasn’t happy with and transformed it using almost exactly the same supplies as on the first card:
“Do you ever finish a card and immediately wish it had turned out differently? The original card is one of those for me. I wasn’t thrilled with the lack of balance; it felt too top heavy. I was annoyed with the way the vellum had warped when I did my embossing. And I wasn’t pleased with how subtle the Cover Up: Quatrefoil background had ended up. The revamped card incorporates many of the same supplies, but combines them in a new way with fresh supplies for an update that makes me much, much happier.”Supplies:
- STAMPS: Give Love, Cover Up: Quatrefoil
- INK: Americana, Melon Berry, Sweet Blush, Simply Chartreuse, Ripe Avocado, Aqua Mist, Dark Indigo
- CARDSTOCK: Dark Indigo, White
- DIES: Give Love Die, Pierced Feature Frames Die
- OTHER: Coasters, Foam Tape, Blending Sponges
Now we want you to give it a go! Take a card you’ve made in the past and transform it in some way.
If you are joining along, here are the details for this Transformation Tuesday Challenge:
- Create a project utilizing your take on the challenge. Your project must use at least one Papertrey product and transform a previous card you made into a new project.
- Please enter new projects only.
- Post your project on your blog, in your gallery or on any other photo-hosting site (such as photobucket or flickr).
- Add your project to our InLinkz list below. ONLY ONE ENTRY PER PERSON PLEASE.
- You will have until 6am ET, Tuesday, September 11th, to add your link to the list to be eligible to win.
- One randomly selected winner will be chosen from ALL the entries on Tuesday, September 11th, after 6am. The winner will be posted here on this blog post, on Twitter and Facebook. The randomly selected winner will get a $25 PTI gift certificate to spend however they like!
EDITED TO ADD THE RANDOMLY SELECTED WINNER:
Congratulations, Marlena McDeavitt! Please send an email to customer service and provide them with your full name and the email address you would like your gift certificate sent to. Thanks so much to everyone for playing along!