Welcome to Transformation Tuesday!
We all have cards that don’t necessarily turn out the way we had envisioned or a project that we designed to be feminine that could be made masculine with a few tweaks. Some of you may remember the Recipe Remix Challenge from SAF 2013. It’s sort of like that (but with our own projects instead of customer submitted projects). The idea is to show a project transformed into something fresh and new.
Join Dawn McVey today as she takes a card that turned out just fine and transformed it into something even better!
“You know, sometimes we can make a card and it turns out “ok”. It’s pretty enough and maybe it works well enough to give away, but don’t you just love it when you create a card that really just SINGS?! One that makes you so happy to look at and one that you just can’t wait to give away, because you know it’s gonna make the recipient smile? I love when that happens! When I first made the “Grateful for you” card for the countdown, it was ok, but it just wasn’t making me wanna do cartwheels over it! Haha. So glad that with stamps and ink and paper and dies, we get lots of chances to make a card that really makes our hearts beat a little faster. That’s what this newly transformed card does for me now! Hope it does the same for you!”
- STAMPS: Corner Adorner: July, Never Enough: Thanks, Stitching Garden
- INK: Dark Chocolate, Hibiscus Burst, Raspberry Fizz, Pure Poppy, Hawaiian Shores, Tropical Teal, Bright Buttercup, Summer Sunrise, Orange Zest, New Leaf, Green Parakeet, Versamark
- PAPER: Stamper’s Select White, Kraft, Hawaiian Shores, Honey Nut Bitty Big
- DIES: Corner Adorner: July, Scallop Stackers: Large, Stitching Garden
- OTHER: White Embossing Powder
Now we want you to give it a go! Take a card you’ve made in the past and transform it in some way.
If you are joining along, here are the details for this Transformation Tuesday Challenge:
- Create a project utilizing your take on the challenge. Your project must use at least one Papertrey product and transform a previous card you made into a new project.
- Please enter new projects only.
- Post your project on your blog, in your gallery or on any other photo-hosting site (such as photobucket or flickr).
- Add your project to our InLinkz list below. ONLY ONE ENTRY PER PERSON PLEASE.
- You will have until 6am ET, Tuesday, July 31st, to add your link to the list to be eligible to win.
- One randomly selected winner will be chosen from ALL the entries on Tuesday, July 31st, after 6am. The winner will be posted here on this blog post, on Twitter and Facebook. The randomly selected winner will get a $25 PTI gift certificate to spend however they like!
EDITED TO ADD THE RANDOMLY SELECTED WINNER:
Congratulations, Luanne Ford! Please send an email to customer service and provide them with your full name and the email address you would like your gift certificate sent to. Thanks so much to everyone for playing along!