Welcome to a new feature at Papertrey Ink called Transformation Tuesday.
We all have cards that don’t necessarily turn out the way we had envisioned or a project that we designed to be feminine that could be made masculine with a few tweaks. Some of you may remember the Recipe Remix Challenge from SAF 2013. It’s sort of like that (but with our own projects instead of customer submitted projects). The idea is to show a project transformed into something fresh and new.
Join Michelle Leone today and see how she took a card she made almost 5 years ago and updated it with a fresh new color palette and details with lots of sparkle and shine!
“This dark gray/yellow card from waaay back (June 2013) was just begging for a lighter, more feminine make-over! The same elements are still evident (trio of ‘candles’, banner sentiment, die cut word, scallop frame), but this updated version has a bit more detail…. with lots of Vintage Cream, a pretty aqua/coral-y pink combination and a hint of gold sparkle.”
- STAMPS: Simple Impressions: Celebrations
- INK: Aqua Mist
- PAPER: Vintage Cream, Luxe Gold Adhesive Sheet
- DIES: Bold Borders: Flare, Bold Borders: Diagonal, Mix & Mat: Scallops, MIM Kit: Shakers & Sprinkles, Banner Style, Bunny Blessings
- OTHER: Misc. sequins/stars, straws (Target), misc. patterned paper
CLICK HERE to visit Michelle’s blog to see more!
Now we want you to give it a go! Take a card you’ve made in the past and transform it in some way.
If you are joining along, here are the details for this Transformation Tuesday Challenge:
- Create a project utilizing your take on the challenge. Your project must use at least one Papertrey product and transform a previous card you made into a new project.
- Please enter new projects only.
- Post your project on your blog, in your gallery or on any other photo-hosting site (such as photobucket or flickr).
- Add your project to our InLinkz list below. ONLY ONE ENTRY PER PERSON PLEASE.
- You will have until 6am ET, Tuesday, April 24th, to add your link to the list to be eligible to win.
- One randomly selected winner will be chosen from ALL the entries on Tuesday, April 24th, after 6am. The winner will be posted here on this blog post, on Twitter and Facebook. The randomly selected winner will get a $25 PTI gift certificate to spend however they like!
EDITED TO ADD THE RANDOMLY SELECTED WINNER:
Congratulations, Carmela Hubler! Please send an email to customer service and provide them with your full name and the email address you would like your gift certificate sent to. Thanks so much to everyone for playing along!
Jill S. says
Michele, I have always loved this card. I made a version of it, inspired by ouy, for my niece’s birthday in 2015. Love the remix too! The lightness is wonderful.
Donna K says
I love this PTI feature. Both of Michele’s cards are beautiful but it’s always fun to see how a little change of embellishments, colors or layout makes a completely different card. Nice job.
Ohhh Snap says
Love this transformation. A case of: first card, “beautiful card!” Sees second card and swoons.
Greta H says
I’m so glad you added this new challenge! It’s been great to remake old cards–2 I didn’t like & 1 I did, but changed the flowers & colors. This time Michelle has inspired me to change a card from feminine to masculine or vice versa as I love both of her cards! Off to see what might work!
I love Transformation Tuesday! It’s really amazing to see the change with just a switch of colors, even leaving the basic layout the same. Michelle’s new card is pure happiness!
Kari D says
Love both of these cards…..but wow! HOW DIFFERENT they look. So amazing to see that taking the same sketch can result is something that doesn’t look like a copy cap of the previous version. Thank you for sharing! [note to self: use a sketch that works and shake it up.]
Silke Ledlow says
Super fun birthday card Michelle! Thank you for hosting this transformation challenge!