Welcome to a new feature at Papertrey Ink called Transformation Tuesday.
We all have cards that don’t necessarily turn out the way we had envisioned or a project that we designed to be feminine that could be made masculine with a few tweaks. Some of you may remember the Recipe Remix Challenge from SAF 2013. It’s sort of like that (but with our own projects instead of customer submitted projects). The idea is to show a project transformed into something fresh and new.
Laurie Schmidlin is sharing how she transformed old to new today with a card she created a while ago:
“When I first created my swan card over a year ago, I wasn’t completely happy with it. It just didn’t turn out how I imagined it should. I made a few changes to it, including embossing the swans on white cardstock instead of dark, changing the background elements, and adding in some pastel flowers to lighten the card up a little bit.”
- STAMPS: Swan’sational, Lilies of the Field
- INK: Sweet Blush, Lovely Lady, Hibiscus Burst, Lemon Tart, True Black, Versamark
- PAPER: Stamper’s Select White, Smokey Shadow, True Black
- DIES: Swan’sational, Lilies of the Field, Delicate Details
- OTHER: Gold cord, Gold detail embossing powder
Now we want you to give it a go! Take a card you’ve made in the past and transform it in some way.
If you are joining along, here are the details for this Transformation Tuesday Challenge:
- Create a project utilizing your take on the challenge. Your project must use at least one Papertrey product and transform a previous card you made into a new project.
- Please enter new projects only.
- Post your project on your blog, in your gallery or on any other photo-hosting site (such as photobucket or flickr).
- Add your project to our InLinkz list below. ONLY ONE ENTRY PER PERSON PLEASE.
- You will have until 6am ET, Tuesday, February 27th, to add your link to the list to be eligible to win.
- One randomly selected winner will be chosen from ALL the entries on Tuesday, February 27th, after 6am. The winner will be posted here on this blog post, on Twitter and Facebook. The randomly selected winner will get a $25 PTI gift certificate to spend however they like!
EDITED TO ADD THE RANDOMLY SELECTED WINNER:
Congratulations Imke Ludwig! Please send an email to customer service and provide them with your full name and the email address you would like your gift certificate sent to. Thanks so much to everyone for playing along!