Get ready to be amazed with this project idea from Ashley Cannon Newell!
"Guess what? Now, there’s a way to add texture to paper crafting projects! Leather is a great material to use for a variety of products, including craft projects. However, leather is expensive, can be difficult to work with, and may not be socially acceptable. This tutorial provides a faux leather option that may be incorporated into an assortment of paper crafting projects, including cards. Leather-like elements will make creating masculine projects a breeze, and add amazing texture to many other project styles."
- In a spray bottle, mix about 2/3 water and 1/3 pure glycerine and shake.
- Spray the water-glycerine mixture over both sides of brown cardstock.
- Crumple the wet cardstock into a ball a few times.
- Flatten the cardstock and repeat steps 2 and 3.
- Let the cardstock dry, preferably overnight.
- Die cut, trim, or stamp like cardstock. Handle with care and use liquid adhesive to adhere it to other paper.
- STAMPS: Year of Psalms: August, Traveler’s Journal: Adventure
- INK: Cocoa Bean, Dark Indigo
- PAPER: Cocoa Bean, Dark Indigo, Bright Buttercup, Classic Kraft
- DIES: Mix + Mat: Herringbone, Sketched Stars
- OTHER: Jute twine
- Now it's your turn! Create a project featuring faux leather. You can choose to re-create the exact project from Ashley above or design your own using the same concepts. Your project must also incorporate at least one Papertrey product.
- Post your project on your blog, in your gallery, Instagram or on any other photo-hosting site (such as photobucket or flickr).
- Add your project to the InLinkz list below.
- You will have until 7am ET, Thursday, August 31st, to add your link to the list to be eligible to win. One project per person please.
- As a reminder, you will have until 7am ET, Thursday, August 31st, to add your link to the list to be eligible to win.
- One randomly selected winners will be chosen from all of the InLinkz entries on this post on Thursday, August 31st. The winner will be posted on our Thursday night Stamp-a-faire winners page after 9pm ET. The randomly selected winner will get a $20 PTI gift certificate to spend however they like!
- One randomly selected winner will be chosen from the comments of this post on Thursday as well. You will have until 7am ET, Thursday, August 31st to add your comment and be eligible to win. The randomly selected winner will get a $10 PTI gift certificate.
I love the results that Ashley got here! It is so authentic! Are you excited to give this a try yourself? Can't you see this being a great addition to masculine cards? I know it is something I will be using a lot myself! We look forward to seeing your projects!