We are back with a closer look at some all new projects using the fabulous just-released kit exclusively from Kimberly Crawford!
You can check out every detail of the Modern + Marbled Kit and read more about Kimberly's story HERE.
Today we are pleased to share an extra special project from Wanda Guess! Click HERE to see her full post!
Wanda says, "This kit is so lovely! Modern, fresh and classic all at the same time. Perfect for classy thank you notes and beautiful correspondence. I love the gilding flakes for a bit of shine and elegance. The marbling stamp is genius! The is an awesome kit for a stamper of any skill level."
- Make a card base from Soft Stone cardstock.
- Cut a white layer of paper and stamp the marble stamp in grey and pink inks.
- Die cut the medium hexagon from white cardstock and the thank you sentiment from black cardstock.
- Using the glue pen, draw a line of glue around the edges of the hexagon. Let the glue dry for a few minutes until it is tacky. Adhere the gilding flakes with your fingers and then brush off the excess with a brush.
- Use the glue pen to affix the thank you die cut to the center of the hexagon.
- Die cut the Branching Out die using Smoky Shadow cardstock. Layer the leaves first and then attach the hexagon with foam tape to finish the card.
- Open the envelope and stamp the marble stamp in grey ink on just the flap portion.
- Die cut a Double Ended Banner die from Sweet Blush Cardstock, and a branching out die from Smoky Shadow Cardstock. Once your card is inside the envelope, layer the leaves, and the banner across the envelope flap.
- Finish off with a beautiful Fern gold wax seal.
- KIT: Modern + Marbled Main Kit, Modern + Marbled Color Basics Add-on Kit
- OTHER DIES: Branching Out, Double Ended Banners
- OTHER CARDSTOCK: True Black
Isn't it amazing how authentic this marbling looks even though it is just stamped? So much easier than the real technique! And I love how Wanda use the die-cut banner and leaves along with the wax seal on the back of the envelope, don't you? Did you order your kit yet? Maybe you're still on the fence? Join us back here tomorrow as we share additional projects from the team featuring Modern + Marbled!
And don't forget to leave a comment on THIS POST to be entered for a chance to win a gift certificate to get BOTH the main kit and Color Basics Add-on kit free!
The kit is really beautiful. I love the modern and clean design. Wanda really highlighted the wonderful thank you diecut. I hadn’t realized how much I love the font.
I also like the modern look of the cards, and I could also imagine other color combinations.
Carol Blaisdell says
Very pretty kit… and I love the gray and pink color combo.
Holly Saveur says
such a fantastic kit – adore the colors and the marbled stamp set!
Beth Stiver says
Very pretty and elegant!
So soft and lovely! I love the hand-marbled look in these pretty, pale colors. The stamped and embellished envelope makes Wanda’s card a true gift of the heart! ♡
Pat Ackley says
A wonderful first kit! Love the marble stamp. Wanda’s card is so lovely!
Laraine Randall says
Such a pretty kit! Lovely card Wanda!
I love the saying! So true. Great samples.
I think writing letters is becoming a lost art. I love the idea behind this and think the kit is beautiful!
This kit is so simple yet stunning! I love the marbled look in the lighter colors! And I need that glue pen for more detailed control. I also love the gold flakes. Gorgeous!
Tammy W says
Wanda, gorgeous cards! I love the simplicity and elegance of them.
Michele W says
Beautiful card, Wanda! I love the look of that marble stamp for your background and on the envelope flap. The entire design is simple yet elegant. Well done!
Helen F. says
What a beautiful card and matching envelop, Wanda!
This kit will be wonderful for creating stationery and note card gift sets! Of course, it would be a gorgeous kit for all of my card-giving occasions and needs to be in my collection also. 😉
I really love the kit and guilding flakes are AMAZING
What a unique and elegant kit. This is a must have!
Mel H says
This is an amazing idea. So classically beautiful
Tracy A says
Your card is lovely. So elegant.
Angela Person says
Wonderful new kit! So many possibilities.
Sharon D. says
What a great kit! Various techniques, lovely colors … who wouldn’t love to receive a card made from this kit?
I absolutely love this set. It is so different!
Steffi H. says
Lovely soft Colors.
Cindy B. says
Stunning cards…love this kit! There are so many ways to use all of the elements because they are simple yet classy.
jan metcalf says
The leaves are a nice addition to the shapes and marbling on Wanda’s card!
What great samples. This kit is so versatile. Love the elegance to it.
The leaf is a lovely touch!
The gliding really adds a special touch. I love how the design team are also showing the envelopes to match the cards. This kit really makes so easy to create elegant cards.
Kathy Mc says
WOW, Wanda really did an awesome job showcasing the marbling with her focal image of gold, pop of black and those die-cut leaves. The possibilities look endless with Kimberly’s great kit!
Carey Nusbaum says
Great technique Wanda! Very pretty!
Christine Lawlor says
Very pretty! I love how Wanda incorporated the branch die into her card.
Mimi R says
Beautiful kit, can’t wait to get my hands on this
Lisa K says
I’m really starting to like this kit. I can’t wait to see more.