Today, Dawn is sharing on her blog some favorite design tips for watercoloring embossed backgrounds on your projects:
"Watercoloring embossed backgrounds is such a fun way to add a lot of detail and interest to your cards and other projects! The new Mix & Mat dies are great for this sort of application, because they can add so much texture when embossed onto watercolor card stock. That alone looks gorgeous, but you can take it a step further by adding watercolor to all those little embossed shapes and the opportunities for playing with colors is nearly endless! I had so much fun creating this little mat to hold my flowers — and just look at how well the Gran's Garden and Garden Party flowers play together!"
- STAMPS: Gran’s Garden, Garden Party, Ways to Say: Birthday
- INK: Saffron Spice, Hawaiian Shores, Tropical Teal, New Leaf, Bright Buttercup
- PAPER: Saffron Spice, Stamper’s Select White, watercolor cardstock
- DIES: Gran’s Garden, Garden Party, Mix & Mat: Pretty Brackets, Mix & Mat: Scallops
- OTHER: tan/vanilla embossing mats