Welcome to Throwback Thursday at Papertrey Ink! Today we have a few of our design team members revisiting the Dot Spot stamp set.
First up is a bright and graphic birthday card by Wanda:
"This stamp set is so fun and versatile. It’s easy to use any color palette to match your party theme or occasion. I used greens and blues to make a masculine birthday card. Pair this set with your favorite word die and you have a quick and easy card ready to go. Try using a color as your card base instead of white for an extra pop of color. I also love this stamp set because it reminds me of using my Spirograph as a little girl!"
- STAMPS: Dot Spot, Wonderful Words: Birthday
- INK: True Black, Simply Chartreuse, Hawaiian Shores
- PAPER: Stamper's Select White, Hawaiian Shores, True Black
- DIES: Wonderful Words: Birthday
- OTHER: Enamel Dots, Foam Tape, Adhesive
Next up is a card by Lizzie perfect for sending a happy note of thanks:
“I’ve always been a big fan of the playful nature of dots. They add such cheerful whimsy whenever they’re in the mix! Dot Spot has been one of my favorites since its release more than seven years ago. It’s still as fresh and modern as ever, so I hope you’ll stop by my blog today to see how I’m putting this great set to use!”
- STAMPS: Dot Spot, Layered Banner Banter
- INK: Tropical Teal, Vintage Jadeite, Harvest Gold, Versamark (Tsukineko)
- PAPER: True Black, Stamper’s Select White
- DIES: Layered Banner
- OTHER: Foam Tape, White Embossing Powder
And finally a card by Betsy that is perfect for a birthday celebration:
"Dot Spot is such a fun and happy set that can be used for so many things from backgrounds to focal points. For my card today, I combined this set with a resist technique to create a fun background!"
- STAMPS: Dot Spot
INK: Limeade Ice, New Leaf, Aqua Mist, Tropical Teal, Amethyst Allure, Versamark (Tsukineko)
- PAPER: Aqua Mist, Tropical Teal, Limeade Ice, New Leaf, Amethyst Allure
- DIES: Small Sketched Stars, Big Basics: Wish Big
- OTHER: Clear embossing powder, ink blending sponge, watercolor paper, clear sequins