Hi everyone and welcome to this month's Traveler's Journal feature. I am Heather Nichols and I am excited to share some fun ideas to inspire you with your Traveler's Journals along with Amy Sheffer, Andi Schalow, and Stephanie Gold.
I created some of the little booklets with materials other than what is in the Traveler's Journal: Page Blank booklets. You can get creative with different papers, cardstocks, and even the size of the booklet.
From left to right: A bit smaller size booklet (finished size: 3 1/2" x 4 1/2") that I filled with a lighter weight printer paper, a booklet with watercolor paper pages and a kraft cardstock cover, and a booklet with kraft cardstock pages and a Smokey Shadow cover.
I included a PDF file if you would like to print your own dotted grid paper to create a little journal booklet like this:
This booklet is the perfect size for writing down quick notes and lists.
I filled up a Traveler's Journal: Outer Cover, that I made from some fabric, with all of the little booklets.
I actually created a little gift set with this Traveler's Journal set to give to a friend (and made one for myself as well!) I really like putting together little kits like this because you can pretty much just sit down and create whenever the mood strikes without pulling out tons of supplies:
I included the booklets in the cover, pulled some patterned papers to coordinate with the colors on the cover, die cut out a bunch of accessories (frames, tabs, envelopes, words, etc.), stamped up some stickers (alphabets, months, and days), added some ribbons & embellishments, and included the Traveler's Journal: Typed Notes stamp set.
If you are ever stuck in a rut for creating, this is my best medicine to cure that! It helps put my supplies that I currently have in a new light.
Of course, I had to do some creating in one of my booklets:
This is the booklet with the kraft cardstock pages and Smokey Shadow cover and I am using it to document some of my favorite memories.
I know I tend to add this envelope to the front over of my booklets pretty often, but I just love it and can't not do it. I did a patterned paper envelope pocket this time with a bit of baker's twine on the closure.
For the cover/title page of the booklet I used a Wet Paint Cuts die cut on a tag die cut along with a few stamped words from the Traveler's Journal: Typed Notes set.
This is a spread celebrating my daughter Tacy's birthday last summer.
This page was so easy to put together with the pre-stamped alphabet stickers and die cut words that I had ready to go. I added some journaling and a few other details. The smaller format of the Traveler's Journal makes putting things together so quick and easy.
On this page I included the photo and then added a tab to the side of the page with Tacy's name in the alphabet stickers that I made. I added the "June" sticker that I stamped with the Traveler's Journal: Dates stamp along with a few other embellishments.
I am excited to add more memories to this journal. Pulling out the kit I put together will keep me motivated to create.
- STAMPS: Traveler's Journal: Dates, Traveler's Journal: Typed Notes, Type Strips II, Wet Paint II
- INK: True Black, Fresh Snow, Smokey Shadow
- PAPER: Traveler's Journal Page Blanks, Kraft, Stamper's Select White, Soft Stone, Smokey Shadow, assorted patterned papers
- DIES: Traveler's Journal: Envelope, Traveler's Journal: Outer Cover, Type Bits Strip, Journal Tabs, Wet Paint Cuts, Wet Paint Cuts II, Keep it Simple: Frames
- OTHER: white adhesive sheet, Traveler's Journal: black elastic cord, chocolate baker's twine, star sequins, eyelets
I am so excited that I have an aweome team of contributors to share inspiration with the Traveler's Journal products. Here's what they have to share with you this month:
"Waving hello to all! I'm so excited to be back with Papertrey after a short hiatus, and especially thrilled about my new Traveler's Journal team role. To say that I've fallen head-over-heels into the traveler's journal world is an understatement, and it all started last fall when Heather first introduced the product line! I love using the booklets for all sorts of things, and am captivated by their adaptability to anything from planning and list-making to journaling and memory-keeping. Stop by for a look at some of the different ways I'm using my traveler's journals!"
- STAMPS: Making Strides, Traveler's Journal: Dates, Moments Inked: Active Symbols, Pencilgrams
- INK: Green Parakeet, Dark Indigo, Tropical Teal, Versamark
- PAPER: Tropical Teal
- DIES: Fabulous Frames
- OTHER: Traveler's Journal: Page Blanks
Notes to Self Journal
- STAMPS: Wet Paint II, Moments Inked: Listed
- INK: Aqua Mist, New Leaf, Dark Indigo, Versamark
- PAPER: Tropical Teal
- DIES: Wet Paint II
- OTHER: Traveler's Journal: Page Blanks, Scalloped Skinny Washi Tape, Traveler's Journal: Black Elastic Cord, white embossing powder
This is Life Journal
- STAMPS: Wet Paint II, Two Toned, Traveler's Journal: Dates, Barnyard Sentiments, On the Farm, Monthly Moments: Mini Slide Frame, Moments Inked: Remembered
- INK: Versamark, Green Parakeet, Dark Indigo, True Black, Soft Stone, Americana, Pure Poppy, Harvest Gold, Cocoa Bean
- PAPER: Green Parakeet, Hawaiian Shores, Dark Indigo, True Black, Soft Stone, Classic Kraft, White card stock; Hawaiian Shores Bitty Dot and Black and White All Over Patterned Paper; linen vellum
- DIES: Wet Paint II, Traveler's Journal: Outer Cover, Two Toned, Noted: Scalloped A2 Vertical, Traveler's Journal: Envelope, Minute to Make: Holliday Tags, Sentiment Splits: Horizontal Curve
- OTHER: Nuvo drops, white linen thread, jewel brads, white linen thread, wood veneer hearts, alphabet stickers, jute twine
"These little Traveler's Journals are have so many uses…. I've tucked them in my purse for notes and lists, they help me keep track of my weeks for Project Life, they'd be so great for art journaling or planners, AND you can take away or add a few books within one cover! I've just used this cute Traveler's Journal to highlight some favorite pics from our summers at the lake."
- STAMPS: Traveler's Journal: Dates, What the Doodle – Waves, What the Doodle – Map, What the Doodle – Sun
- INK: Enchanted Evening, New Leaf, Berry Sorbet, Lemon Tart, Smokey Shadow, Hawaiian Shores, Versamark Watermark
- PAPER: True Black, Enchanted Evening, New Leaf, Spring Moss, Berry Sorbet, Lemon Tart, Hawaiian Shores, White Stampers, Linen Vellum
- DIES: Countdown Details
- KIT: Traveler's Journal Kit
Click over to Andi's blog to see more about her journal that highlights her summers at the lake – and giver her a warm welcome to the Traveler's Journal team and Papertrey Ink!
"The size of the Blank Page Booklets is perfect for just about anything. Today I am showing a way to create a lovely gift with unique memories and quotes. I took the kraft cardstock layer off to create a lighter and smaller overall feel. I can't wait to share it with you!"
- STAMPS: Beautiful Brushstrokes, Polka Dot Basics, Travelers Journal: Adventure, Choose Joy, Phrases and Praises, Travelers Journal: Dates, A Cheerful Heart
- INK: Simply Chartreuse, Autumn Rose, Berry Sorbet, Spring Moss, Sweet Blush, Orange Zest, Harvest Gold, Lemon Tart, Smokey Shadow, Raspberry Fizz, Ripe Avocado, Black
- PAPER: Blank Page Booklets, Stampers Select White, Watercolor
- OTHER: Washi Tape, Pink Shipping Tags, Natural Twine
Click over to Stephanie's blog to see more of her pretty little book that she created for a gift.
Thank you so much for joining me today and I look forward to sharing more Traveler's Journal inspiration with you next month!