Guest Blogger: Rebecca Luminarias

By March 6, 2017General

Pti_pa_march_01

Hello, everyone!  I’m Rebecca Luminarias, your Papertrey Ink Packaging Ambassador, and I’m pinching myself to be blogging to you from Nichole’s space right now!  You may remember me from the Moments Inked or the Quick Stitch Kit teams, and some of you might know me better as Thurston Post.  Two very important things to know about me are that I love texture and I love to layer.

Papernpackage_photo_600-01

Pti_pa_march_04

So what exactly is a Packaging Ambassador and what is Paper & Package?  Well, I’ll get to that in just a bit.  First, I want to tell you my WHY before I tell you the WHAT.  I’ve been around the paper crafting community for about 10 years now.  I started just before PTI, in fact, and I still remember when they launched and Nichole was in Papercrafts magazine with projects using all of these great new stamps–and they were CLEAR!  It’s hard to believe that 10 years on I’m a part of the Papertrey Ink Team, too, doing the thing I love to do the most–sharing gift wrapping and packaging ideas and projects with you.

Pti_pa_march_09

I’ve always sought some sort of creative outlet and through most of my teens and 20’s that outlet was creative writing.  I never thought I had much of a crafty talent until I was planning my wedding and I discovered paper, color, and typography.  There was no going back after that.  Paper crafts became my new way of life and I dedicated all of my free time to it, learning as much as I could, and ruminating over the fact that the crafty ladies I had grown up with were 3000 miles away in New York, while I was now building a life in California.  My mom, aunt, sister, and both of my grandmothers are/were all very crafty in their own ways–sewing, knitting, crocheting, cross stitch, drawing, stamping, cardmaking…at least one of them knew how to do at least one of those things.  Yet I never cared to learn any one of them.

Pti_pa_march_07

While I eventually made my way through the learning curve of beginning my new hobby, and seeing how far I’ve come in 10 years, I still lament the fact that 3 of those crafty ladies are no longer with us.  My mother and grandmas have passed on.  I’ve lost my biggest supporter–my mother–and my biggest influence–her mom, my Grandma Peg.  The best I can do now is continue to learn, keep on doing what I love to do, and share it with other like-minded people.

Pti_pa_march_03

I went from making my wedding invitations to making cards, and then onto developing a deep affection for packaging.  I have no doubt that part of this comes from Grandma Peg, who always very neatly wrapped gifts in the simplest, yet beautiful way.  She chose white or silver paper, skinny satin ribbon, and a small, hand-cut, rectangular white tag, on which she wrote the recipient’s name.  The gift wrap was incredibly simple, not fancy at all, and still, there was something about it that I loved, especially when the gifts were grouped together–looking all coordinated and minimal as they were in their plain white or silver paper.

Pti_pa_march_05

Her gifts were always wrapped this way, for as long as I can remember, and they stayed with me, influencing me all these years later, in this career path I’ve chosen.  I wonder what she would think, knowing that she helped to shape the way I see and do things.  She knew I had taken an intense interest in paper crafts and she was also incredibly supportive of this endeavor.  Were she still alive, I know that she, too, would adore all the little trinkets I love to play with these days–tassels and clothespins and sequins and lace scraps and ribbons and doilies.

Pti_pa_march_02

These are things she would buy, too–even if she never used them!  She’d buy them because they were “cute,” like she chose her vehicle for no practical reason, only because it, too, was “cute.”  I often find myself drawn to sets of ready-made tags at the store that I will likely never use but I’m compelled to have them just the same.  (I think that must also be her influence πŸ˜‰

Pti_pa_march_12

Aside from Grandma Peg, I think that my love of packaging comes from the promise of feeling special.  Have you ever bought a product simply because the outside of it was amazing and elicited from you a warm and fuzzy feeling?  And how do you feel when you receive a gift that has been carefully and beautifully wrapped?  You feel special.  It almost doesn’t matter what’s inside, right?  Because you know that it came from someone who cared enough about you to make such an effort on the wrapping.  It’s a nice thing to feel that way, and more importantly, it’s a nicer thing to make other people feel that way.

Pti_pa_march_10

Most of you make your own cards and you probably do it because it relaxes you or it’s a fun hobby, or you’ve found that you are very good at doing it.  I bet you also do it because a handmade card is meaningful.  It’s often one of a kind, it was made with your own two hands, and it’s personal.  It’s the same with gift wrap for me.  I like to putter and fuss and layer and choose the right combination of elements to present a friend or relative with a treat that will make them happy.

Pti_pa_march_08

Do you enjoy wrapping gifts or dressing up little bags and containers or does this kind of thing intimidate you?  Do you know where to begin?  Just as importantly, do you know where to stop?  As the PTI Packaging Ambassador, I’ll be leading you down the rabbit warren that is gift wrapping.  I’m fulfilling a bit of a dream in this role, wherein I get to dig deep into my affection for all the things that encompass papers and packaging, then turn them into the Paper & Package guest blogger series.  Each post will give an in-depth look into gift wrapping and will provide you with more than just a pretty picture.  I’ll share tips, tricks, techniques, tutorials, and favorite products so I encourage you to check it out right here each month.  Soon you’ll be wrapping like a pro!

Pti_pa_march_13

Sometimes I’ll share minimal designs with just two or three embellishments and other times I’ll layer on a whole slew of tags and trims.  I’ll do big and little, box and bag, wrapped and unwrapped.

Pti_pa_march_15

Along the way, I’ll be answering a few frequently asked questions, as well, like my favorite: Why do you spend so much time on something that will just be torn open and thrown away?  This is a question people ask me every now and then, and I’ll admit that in certain instances I find myself asking it, too.  But I always come back to the same two answers…and I’ll share them on April 6th!

Mi_kindness_14

I am so excited to start this journey with you!  I hope you’ll join me right here on the 6th of each month to wrap pretty things!

Mi_kindness_11

Challenge

Rebecca has shared an amazing amount of eye candy with you today! Now is your chance to put your packaging skills to use! Take a closer look at all of her packaging ideas above and pick a few details that really appeal to you. Create a tag or an entire packaging ensemble using the inspiration that speaks to your creative side!

How-to-win

1. Create a new packaging project using details from the projects above as your inspiration.

2. Your project must use at least one Papertrey product.

3. Upload a photo of your project to your blog, Instagram, online gallery or any other photo-hosting site (such as photobucket or flickr).

4. Add the direct link to your project on our InLinkz list below.

5. ONLY ONE PROJECT ENTRY PER PERSON PLEASE!

6.  And/or you can leave a comment here to be eligible to win. Aren’t you loving this new packaging feature from Rebecca? Isn’t she so inspiring? Do you often create your packaging? What types of things would you like to learn from her in the coming year? (Just click the small “comments” link  beside the date in the footer of this post.  If you are reading this as an email subscription, be sure to click through to the actual blog to leave an eligible comment)

7. You have until 7am ET, Wednesday, March 15th to add your project link or comment and qualify for the contest.

8. TEN randomly selected winners (five comments and five projects) will be announced on our March Release Winners page no later than 9pm ET, March 15th.

The-prizes

TEN randomly selected winners will each receive an $25 Papertrey gift certificate to spend however they choose! Thank you for joining us today and best of luck with the contest!

Marianne says:

Wonderful story and gorgeous packaging! Thanks for sharing!

Dragica W. says:

great packaging ideas! Looking forward to all the new inspiration and changes in 2017.

Leigh Penner says:

I must confess that I spend way more time on making a card than packaging everything up. I’m looking forward to being inspired to spend a little more time creating pretty packaging!

Birgit says:

Oh my what pretty packaging ideas from Rebecca! Each one is a piece of heaven!!

Carmela Hubler says:

Your packages are so beautiful I would hate to open them! Thanks for the lovely ideas to challenge my imagination. I haven’t been in the practice of using all my stamping supplies when wrapping packages. This encourages me to give it a try.

Isabel Z says:

I am very excited about the monthly spotlight on packaging as this is an area I don’t spend a lot of time on but think it’s so pretty. Presentation is the first impression.

Barb Kirkwood says:

“You only have one chance to make a first impression ” my Dad used to say. I love to wrap!!! And can’t wait for Rebecca’s input.

I thoroughly enjoy wrapping gifts, and love when I leave enough time for it to be creative. The eye candy today is absolutely wonderful! I’m looking forward to this series of posts.

Becca Yahrling says:

Thank you so much for sharing your beautiful story!
    I was never crafty as a kid. Wasn’t until I was about 21, my mom taught me to cross stitch. And the craftiness just grew from there. I love to decorate my packages, too. Looking forward to your series!

Gina Eggebrecht says:

I, too, love gift packaging. I would love some outside-the-box ideas — those that are quick and those that might take a little more time. Fun ways to package gift cards and cash would be great, too! AND, I would love to see ideas on tag sets. I’ve often thought I would love to give sets of gift tags that a recipient can use on birthday gifts or shower (wedding and/or baby) — but I draw a blank on how to even begin decorating them. I *love* tags but Christmas seems to be all I can do well. Am I being too greedy with Rebecca’s time?! πŸ™‚ I’m very excited about this monthly focus!!

Lisa S. says:

I love the look of beautiful packaging and can’t wait to learn more from Rebecca!

Pat A. says:

Love to wrap pretty packages! Happy for the inspiration from Rebecca!

Aunt Min says:

Lovin’ the packaging “eye candy,”. Rebecca’s style is awesome! I have about a dozen small straight sided jelly jars and could use some tips for packaging them in a simple updated way.

Imke Ludwig says:

I look forward to the new packaging ideas ! When you pack something nice it gets a personal touch.
    Just like with a homemade card.

Victoria h says:

Going to love packaging ideas- a beautifully wrapped gift is so much more special.

Tasha H says:

I love the colors with the gold accents. The white pompom trim is my favorite! I would love getting a package wrapped that beautifully!

Rita says:

Wonderful post, Rebecca! It was a beautiful tribute to this craft and how it connects you with people you love. With that heartfelt touch, it becomes more than just paper. Your beautiful photos inspire, too. Love the soft colors and textures, and each detail that brings the pretty packaging together. I will be excited to see what inspires you in the year ahead: envelope art, how to stretch the use of PTI favor bag dies, felt/stitching dies in packaging projects, interesting supplies I never thought to use in packaging gifts. Congratulations to everyone on the PTI team. It’s going to be another amazing year. Happy anniversary!

Diana K says:

So gorgeous! I don’t know when I last saw so much pure eye candy in one place! I would love tips on how to make those bigger gifts (i.e., gigantic Lego boxes) as beautiful as the little packages.

June K says:

Thanks for sharing your story. Beautiful packaging, too. And “cute” things are included. I should get out some of my trims, ribbons and embellishments and use them for packaging. I have plenty stashed.

kellyv says:

oh wow! I love the colours and the layers and the textures! gorgeous. all of it. thank you for sharing your gifts and your stories with us!

Dee says:

Great ideas! Love pretty packaging, colour and embellishments. This is a great addition to the monthly release.

marcy says:

I focus more on the cards than the package but it is so fun to be inspired to try something new!

Donna Gourley says:

I love what Rebecca has created…beautiful. I tend to spend more time on the card making though. Recipients at my house are just surprised when their gift is not wrapped in the Sunday comics!

Rose Noelle says:

What a great way to make your recipient feel extra special! I loved all the photos, Rebecca. Great job.

Donna Phelan says:

Beautiful packaging, loooooove your sweet, sweet tags! I make a lot of tags but hardy ever any packaging. This is a beautiful post!

I LOVE the story Rebecca told as it really hits home with me and I LOVE to wrap presents, big and small. I think this is a FANTASTIC new monthly feature and I will be looking forward each month so see what is new. Rebecca’s package designs are delicious. Cheers.

Mitzi says:

Rebecca thanks for sharing your story, beautiful ideas and the opportunity to win. Looking forward to more ideas. My Mother had a friend you had a packageing business, she traveled the world for materials, she wrapped for the rich & famous. I always wanted to do that. Thanks for your encouragement.

Amy McCue says:

I love how all those things go together! So pretty!

Leslie S. says:

I loved reading Rebecca’s back story and can’t wait for her new series with PTI! I look forward to all of the inspiration she’ll be sharing with us!

Kim Heggins says:

Gorgeous packaging…love all the soft pretty colors. This is a great feature, I am always looking for ways to make the outside of my gifts as beautiful as the inside.

Joyce says:

These are all very pretty! I love to gift wrap! I can’t wait to see what new products are in store for us!

Audrey L. Meyer says:

Love the ‘vintage-y’ looks…

Adele Holcomb says:

I don’t have much occasion to wrap a pretty gift, as I end of giving gift cards more often than not. Maybe a feature on gift card holders some time? I do create tags at Christmas, and sometimes use tags as an embellishment on a card. I see some nice ideas for tags here, and will have to play with some later on.

Carrie Crafts says:

Oh, what pretty eye candy! I can’t wait to see what Rebecca has in store for us each month!

Linda R. says:

I must admit–at Christmas, I’m always envious of the beautifully wrapped packages I receive. The ones I give aren’t nearly as nice. I guess I’d like to see a simple way to personalize my gift wrapping, while still getting everything wrapped quickly.

Luanne Ford says:

This is exciting! So much beautiful eye candy today, and ideas are already spinning in my head. Can’t wait to be inspired every month, welcome Rebecca!

jan metcalf says:

Love making gifties and embellishing packages! Will be great to have this new feature at PTI!

Kelly Flaherty says:

Don’t ever knock your writing – it’s fantastic! I love the way your grandmother Peg did her wrapping, I am also a fan of the simple, yet elegant white or silver paper with sharp creases at the edges and with a thin ribbon topping it off.

Jennifer T says:

I love beautiful packaging and am super excited to see what Rebecca comes up with!

Barb macaskill says:

What beautiful packaging inspiration! I am a firm believer that a hastily wrapped package sends the message that you couldn’t be bothered to take the time to make your gift just a little bit more special! Kind of like a nice cut of meat with no seasonings!
    If I am going to take the time to find the perfect gift I also must take the time to make the packaging special! TFS!

Natalie Winterstein says:

Yay! I have been following Rebecca’s blog for a while now and love her packaging and projects! I am really excited to see what this new series brings. πŸ™‚

Kristinkat2 says:

Congratulations to Papertrey Ink on achieving the ten year mile marker! I look forward to sharing your anniversary with you. What a great thing to celebrate … ten years of creativity, inspiration, and art! Here’s to many more years of crafting joy!

Rebecca, I love your packages! As an inveterate procrastinaor, I am also horrible at wrapping and presenting gifts. I look forward to inspiration from you! My favorite in this post is the Dream striped package with the gold accent. Simple and so classy. Thanks for sharing!

Annette Snyder says:

I do spend more time on cards than packaging. I look forward to more inspiration from you!

Carol Blaisdell says:

Oh, there’s a lot to love about the sweet ideas that Rebecca has presented. I, too, struggle with the idea that the wrapping is torn off quickly and not appreciated. But, if only I am doing the “ooohing” and “aaahhhing”, it that enough? I’m anxious to hear Rebecca’s thoughts on that. Looking forward to her contributions each month!

Vicki A says:

I enjoy wrapping, but do not usually do tags and special touches. But, it sure looks great! Might be time to try tags and special touches. Looking forward to Rebecca ‘s post next month!

Teresa Currie says:

Terrific new monthly feature, Rebecca!! Looking forward to seeing all your tips and tricks for beautiful packaging!! I am tending to spend most of my creative time making cards and albums. Would love to see your suggestions for all sizes of gifts and bags. πŸ™‚

Debbie says:

What a beautiful story explaining your love of presenting a lovely total package. I look forward to this new feature.

Pretty packaging is so wonderful to look at and makes any small gift into something special. I have a couple of family birthdays coming up and you have inspired me to make something beautiful for the gifts. This is going to be a great series!

Linda M. says:

Beautiful packages and tags! I enjoyed reading Rebecca’s story and look forward to more from her. Thanks for this wonderful inspiration!

Oliverw says:

Packages are a challenge for me. I would love to learn how to make packages that stay in tact after they are opened by the recipient. As in , not covered with wrapping paper that gets torn apart. I think this series will be such a treat.

Megan Carroll says:

Wow!! I love packaging but am a beginner at this…..I’m SUPER excited for this new series!! Rebecca looks amazing!!

ML says:

I love cute things and have been called queen of cute by more than one friend :0) I am looking forward to this monthly packaging post and all of toda,s eye candy…CUTE!

Cindy Otto says:

How sweet! I love the darling tags and sweet sentiments Rebecca uses. What a great addition to PTI! Thank you.

Linda E (uncbballfan) says:

I love to make pretty packages, but that’s not one of my strong suits, so they seldom turn out the way I have pictured them. Beautiful inspiration today!

Jeni says:

I struggle with spending all of that time & money on wrapping when it’s just going to get torn and thrown away. I would be interesting in learning more about decorating gift bags or other packaging that could be re-used though.

Kristina says:

Love ALL the details of the pictures! I especially love the colors.

Felicia says:

Wowza, what a perfect time for Peach to show up. That’s my daughter’s wedding colors for next weekend. I’m getting a lot of inspiration from this. TFS.

Leanne S says:

Beautiful project!

Toni Storie says:

This is very exciting! I tend to lean toward the simpler side of packaging, so I look forward to ideas about layering embellishments and knowing when to stop.

‘Love the colors and textures on the packaging. Can’t wait to see more.

Janet S says:

I’m going to look forward to the 6th of each month. I tend to hunt up paper and quickly wrap a gift. I just may spend a little more thought on gift wrapping!

Beth Stiver says:

I love to package things pretty but I need help and ideas to do so. I am really looking forward to seeing all the ideas Rebecca comes up with.

Amy Cooley says:

I love these cute packaging ideas! I’m big into creating treat bags with tags. I look forward to all the ideas Rebecca will be sharing. The tassels especially caught my eye.

Anika F says:

My packaging is usually super simple, a Kraft paper bag with some tissue. I end up spending a ton of time on the card and not enough on the presentation. Definitely inspiration to think of the whole package πŸ™‚

Maureen P says:

Oh, wow! What gorgeous inspiration photos from Rebecca! I am excited about her new ideas and posts!

Jennifer says:

Yes, I am really looking forward to Rebecca and all her insight into wrapping, packaging and making things pretty! I think I will enjoy all of her tips the most. There are always things I never think of!

Keri says:

Wrapping gifts and cute packaging ideas are the reasons why I love to paper craft. Looking forward, every month, to see what Rebecca will create! πŸ™‚

Becky Green says:

What a WONDERFUL IDEA, to have Rebecca on as “Packaging Ambassador!” I DEFIANTLY could use the help with packaging! LOL Your samples in this post are BEAUTIFUL!!!!! I have an up coming wedding to prepare for too!!! πŸ˜‰ I’ll be HAPPY to see what you have for us Rebecca! It is TRUE that those women we have looked up to, have had an influence on us. Even if we don’t do the same craft! LOL πŸ˜‰ CAN’T WAIT to see what you have for us!! πŸ˜‰

Lynn Gauthier says:

I do make my own packaging and tags. I LOVE to experiment with different stamping backgrounds on papers and build from there. Love your gift card bag with the pretty tassels. I can’t wait to see more!

Annette says:

Looking forward to more inspiration on how to make gifts look very special, especially using paper and natural materials rather than ornaments that may look great for the moment but get thrown away quickly.

Marcia Hill says:

WOW…am loving all of Rebecca’s packaging ideas! Some are so simple but so eye catching! I too love to package up gifts so they look really special, so I’m really looking forward to this new feature on the 6th each month. Thank you, thank you!!

Mary Wetmore says:

How Lovely! Your packages are getting my creative juices flowing. Hmmm, let me see, who is having the next birthday so I can make their package “special”?

Joni M says:

What gorgeous sample projects! The little touches make the package and the recipient feel special!

This will be fun. I am not a fancy gift wrapper…um, gift bags. πŸ™

I LOVE packaging and Rebecca’s new role in inspiring us to make it happen. Beautiful colors – lots of eye candy today. Can’t wait to think of something to create!
    karen

Deanne Rehmer says:

I am sure I will be inspired in the future and will be trying new packaging ideas. At this point I like to use plain wrapping paper and put my card in a clear envelope and that becomes my focal point of the package.

Debbie B says:

Beautiful packaging tells the recipient that you cared to take the time to make it special for them! I love wrapping packages to look beautiful! Looking forward to your blog post!

Joyce M. says:

I really enjoyed meeting Rebecca today and am looking forward to learning how to package my gifts in a more creative way. Such a fun new feature.

Mary W says:

Every Christmas I gave my co-workers a paper bag filled with tiny gifts. One was a nice one and lots of stuffers like lip gloss or colored paper clips. The fun for me was decorating each gift as if it were the present. They used to say they couldn’t wait for that day their bag was delivered and hated to open the presents – exactly what I was aiming for – to make them feel special and loved. I will LOVE this new part of PTI and your posts, I know it without a doubt! So far – so wonderful.

Holly Saveur says:

Gorgeous and great ideas!

Emma S. says:

Great Post! I Love packaging and making tags and this post was very inspiring!
    Happy Anniversary!

carol says:

WOW! Rebecca’s packaging has rendered me speechless! Gorgeous!
    ~carol

Marianne M says:

Beautiful or clever packaging is important to me! So I’m looking forward to this new feature!

Laraine R says:

Beautiful packaging! I make my own cards, tags & I have done my own wrapping paper and some different types of boxes & bags to package items in! Can’t wait to see more!

Cheryl F. says:

I love the idea of decorating packages. It’s charming and simple. Somehow, I never have time to do it! I need to start making the time to do this, what a wonderful idea…and so much fun, too.

Regina Roach says:

Wow–these packages are so gorgeous! Love the layering and color combinations.

Peggy S says:

So much fun! Would love to learn about last minute packaging that doesn’t look last minute, and planning ahead for packaging items that won’t be crushed if you don’t use them right away.

Kathy Mc says:

Enjoyed reading Rebecca’s story and seeing her beautiful wraps. Very seldom wrap gifts any more because everyone wants gift cards. Will enjoy oohing and aahing over her monthly features.

Terri E. says:

I don’t decorate packages at all right now, so this will definitely get me out of my box. You never know though right? Maybe this will be my next big thing πŸ™‚

Glorie says:

I love cute packaging. Sadly, I don’t dedicate time to doing it due to the fact that almost always it is thrown away. Looking forward to your projects.

Chris L says:

I always feel like I’m wrapping stuff last minute and running out the door–so I’m excited to see Rebecca’s inspiration!

Chris L.

see mary stamp says:

Loved hearing how your family members inspired your current passion. It’s funny how those memories from our childhood pop up later on in our lives. I’m looking forward to the monthly inspiration on packaging as I rarely go beyond gift wrap and curly ribbon.

Erin S says:

I’m actually writing this comment before even looking at the pictures Rebecca posted only because I loved reading her story. I love to learn and hear about other people, where they come from, why they like something, from whom they may have learned it. It makes the blogger come to life for me. So, now….I’m going to go back through and look at all of her beautiful photos and projects. Thanks for sharing a little bit about who you are Rebecca. Looking forward to seeing what you bring to us each month.

Mary Rose Brayton says:

Thank you for sharing your personal story Rebecca…it called forth many memories for me too. I absolutely love your packages, displays, papers, props, colors, and embellishments! Inspiration is oozing all over with proof once again that “a picture is worth a thousand words.” I am so excited and look forward to your monthly Paper & Package Blog on Papertrey Ink. Rebecca “Luminarias” I hereby crown you “The Princess of Packaging.”

Cathy Weber says:

I give a lot of gift cards and I am really hoping Rebecca gives me some great ideas for making them look special!

D.Ann C says:

What a lovely history and such beautiful eye candy! I look forward to your packaging tips. Unfortunately I know I spend way less time on packaging than I do on the card or gift. Maybe I’ll improve on that with your help!

Gay Ferland says:

Rebecca, sorry for your losses, you still carry inspiration from heaven above!
    Packaging is wonderful on all your gifts. I tend to do exactly as you have experienced, buy the gift for the packaging, and don’t open what’s inside!
    My mom also was my inspiration and the other way around! I’m grateful for her love of packaging, now she watches over me and still gives inspiration!! ❀
    You are quite talented; gifted. You share what God intended for you, teaching others! Thank you for sharing!!!!

Karen B. says:

Beautiful packaging ideas! I need some help in this category. πŸ™‚

Dana Kirby says:

Wow!! Beautiful packaging and so much inspiration in your photos!! I can’t wait to see what you create each month. I know it will be gorgeous!

So much gorgeous eye candy here and Rebecca’s words echo my own feelings about wrapped gifts! I really hope I can create something for this challenge!

Jan Pufall says:

I love beautiful packaging, but never feel I have the skill or inspiration to do a great job. This post has totally motivated me to try some of your wonderful suggestions and examples. Hopefully, I can build from there. Thanks for sharing.

Sue McRae says:

Lots of fun and pretty packaging ideas! I used to make my own Christmas wrapping but haven’t done it in awhile though I do still make gift tags.

Paula e. says:

Love all things packaging-and especially love to coordinate everything, including the card if possible. This, of course, requires some planning…not always on task with that. Excited about this new focus for 2017. Thanks, Rebecca, for all the inspiration.

Jude S says:

I’d like to keep learning more about fun ways to package and give gift cards…mailable and hand-delivered.
    Thanks for the contest and chance to win.

Kathryn A says:

In this day and age of quick gift BAGS, I am happy to see a focus on tags and wrapping! To receive a gift wrapped beautifully tells the recipient you care, just like a handmade card does.

Vicki Smith says:

Pretty packaging has always been important to me and this new feature is great. This year is going to be so much fun!

Colleen says:

Everyone loves to receive a beautifully packaged gift, that is part of the present in my opinion!

Marlee S. says:

Gorgeous packaging! I don’t do much packaging except at Christmas time. Then I love it! Looking forward to more fun ideas throughout this year!!

Linda Lander says:

So enjoyed your “story”…I too had an influential grandmother and I think I am that kind of grandmother to my granddaughter…as she says, we “do projects” together. I also love the fact that you specialize in the packaging…so special and unique. Will love checking in on your ideas

Jane Sprando says:

I really enjoyed reading this and seeing the packaging ideas. I worked in a gift store where we wrapped for free. We had elaborate papers, but our signature was huge satin bows with star garlands entwined. i still wrap that way sometimes, although I have Osteo-arthritis and making bows is not so easy!

lainey says:

I’m so happy Packaging is going to be a monthly feature! I hope I can become as good a “packager” as Rebecca!

super stick chick says:

I do not usually do much with packaging, but after seeing Rebecca’s wonderful ideas, I’m going to give it a try!

Cynthia says:

Lovely! Here’s my very basic question: I sometimes struggle with how to attach embellished tags. Maybe my issue is a delusion that the recipient will want to keep the tag, so I should just glue it on, but I find myself wanting to tie them on and it doesn’t always work out. I look forward to this series!!

Pat Whitley says:

I may be a one-note packaging maker. I tend to always reach for my pillow box! I never make tags.

LindaM says:

I love seeing packages that are embellished with things I never would have thought of using. I hope to learn some techniques that really WOW everyone!

Steffi H. says:

I love the subtle colors and everything else about this packaging. Given to me, I wouldΒ΄nt unwrap the gift (unless I know thereΒ΄s a PTI item inside).

Ruth Gauss says:

I love this idea! The colors and textures Rebecca used are fabulous and I completely agree with her that making someone feel special is important.

I would love to see wonderful ways to make gift cards (of all shapes and sizes) feel like a more interesting gift.

I’m excited to see Rebecca’s next post!!!

This is stunning! I do not do much of my own packaging sadly, but I can’t wait to learn more… I’d love to learn about kid packaging!

Nancy M says:

Rebecca’s words are truly the bow on this gorgeous post. I look forward to unwrapping this gift each month.

Rosemary D says:

beautiful projects! I don’t often create packaging, but it will be fun to see what Rebecca comes up with!

Sandy Dayhoff says:

I do more cards than anything, but am looking forward to more inspiration. Tags are always something to add a nice touch to a gift.

Linda S. says:

I must admit that creating beautiful packages is intimidating to me and I just don’t take the time. I look forward to Rebecca’s tips.

Lorraine says:

I love looking at pretty/creative packaging! Looking forward to seeing all of Rebecca’s creations!

Penny P. says:

Beautiful packaging! I don’t do this often but I love the idea! I would like to see different 3D ideas like boxes, bags and containers. Love this new feature on the blog!

Kathy Krug says:

I love making homemade gifts and wrapping them in special ways. I too choose a plain wrapping paper and always add some trinket on the top with a bow, but i think this will give me so many different ideas. I am excited.

Mutzy Mia says:

I am so excited about this new feature and look forward to the inspiration each month! I have a friend who wraps packages beautifully and I always enjoy being on the receiving end of those gifts. It will be fun to develop my skills in this area. Can hardly wait for next month!!!

Kristen says:

The packaging is a gift in itself! How fun, thank you for the inspiration!

OMGoodness, I ❀❀❀those tassels!! I can’t wait to see all Rebeccca has to show us!!

Julie J says:

I have met a new kindred spirit! I love wrapping all things pretty and can’t wait to learn from you!

It’s so lovely to hear your story, Rebecca! It’s easy to see how these very special women in your family influenced your passion for beautiful paper and packaging. I just love making pretty tags for gifts… and can’t wait to learn more from you. I often gift bouquets of flowers from my perennial gardens and potted herbs from my herb garden to neighbors and friends. So, I would love suggestions on unique ways to use my Papertrey stamps for tags and packaging for little gifts from my garden ~ handmade and homegrown with so much love! I’m already excited about your next post! β™‘

Connie Fisher says:

I love to wrap gifts and make them extra special for the individual receiving them. Thanks for the inspiration….love, love, love

Donna K says:

I love Rebecca’s style and her soft color palette. Her projects are always so beautiful and beautifully put together. If I received a gift from her I wouldn’t want to open it. Lovely tribute to the crafty ladies who have shaped her love for paper.

Cindy O says:

I haven’t been a packaging crafter since my teens, when I enjoyed decorating our family Christmas presents. But I’m sure I can find some card-making inspiration in Rebecca’s beautiful packaging posts.

Suzanne A. says:

I love making my own packaging and really look forward to Rebecca’s monthly inspiration!

Anna Swanson says:

Beautiful samples! Too often I wait until the last minute to wrap a package, so it ends up with bare bones wrapping. I’m looking for inspiration to make it more special. Can’t wait to see what’s next!

storymusicgirl says:

So pretty and feminine! I love the doily tags!

Kathy W says:

I am very, very excited about this addition to PTI. I love to create very simple packaging that seems one of a kind. The uniqueness and simplicity tells the recipient that they really matter and that a lot of care went into the gift, including the presentation! I very much look forward to future inspiration. Love the basket of trims and trinkets to play with!

CathyL says:

This is a great way to personalize a package!

Martha says:

What a FABULOUS new monthly series! Thanks, Rebecca, for all the beautiful inspiration and the lovely post.

KKO says:

A thought-provoking and lovely post! Love the connection to your family, and you’re right–that beautiful packaging makes the recipient feel that much more special!

Noreen says:

It’s wonderful to have such great memories and to realize how your life and interests have been shaped by the people who love you. You receive the pleasure in creating the packaging, and the pleasure in giving the gift – and the recipient has the pleasure of the gift and knowing how much you care.

Sandy Vincent says:

I love the tassels! Very pretty projects today.

Lisa M says:

another great idea love the coordinating tags and wrap such a pretty post to look at over and over and also inspiring. love it

Such a beautifully written post, Rebecca! Can’t wait to see all of the beautiful inspiration you will bring!

Mel H says:

I love making beautifully wrapped packages, so I love this feature! What a pretty wrap today.

Mary says:

I’m looking forward to reading this new section each month. I want to take more time wrapping gifts, but I always seem to grab a bag and tissue paper. I’d like to know more ideas for using stamping supplies on gifts.

Noelle says:

Wow, these are defiantly not ‘throw it in a bag at the last minuet!’ They are beautiful!

What a lovely post, Rebecca … a joy to read where your love of packaging came from! Your projects are, as always, beautiful … stylish, elegant, chic … would love to see more ideas as simple as Grandma Peg’s silver or white wrapping! Anita πŸ™‚

Pat from sd says:

Beautiful introduction to this new series. So looking forward to it.

Ann says:

I’m really looking forward to learning a lot each month and thanks for sharing all those beautiful projects.

Krissie says:

Wow, gorgeous packaging! Exited to learn more tips along the way.

Patty says:

Simply gorgeous and so pretty. Looking forward to your monthly posts.

S. Molinari says:

I love this post so much! Very inspiring! So glad it’s going to be a regular feature!

Helen F. says:

Oh this post was lovely! It was so sweet to read about how Rebecca was inspired to create such beautiful gift tags and wrappings. I don’t usually wrap gifts in other than tissue paper tied with ribbon before placing them in a gift bag. I’m looking forward to this new feature to help me make gift giving even more fun for me and the recipient!

Jill A says:

Great story and thanks so much for sharing. Lots of great ideas and very pretty packaging.

CindyR says:

I have always loved decorating packages, which was my first love of papercrafting. Of course mine were never this gorgeous, since the only supplies available were wrapping paper and ribbon. Once I started card making, I pretty much gave up on the wrapping part. It is wonderful to have this inspiration to get back to my “roots”. All of Rebecca’s projects are beautiful. I can’t wait to see what she does with larger items.

Kim Badelt says:

I’m most intrigued by this new feature. Rebecca’s packages are beautiful eye candy indeed and I love the way she plays with texture. Looking forward to seeing more!

Ljhart says:

I love the soft colors of your package samples. Very classy. Can’t wait to see what others inspiration you have.

laura mm says:

This is such a neat feature! Looking forward to seeing more πŸ™‚ I’m feeling inspired! πŸ˜‰

Patt H. says:

I’m looking forward to lots of new ideas for packaging! I do spend a lot more time on a card instead of the package & know how much I love getting a gorgeously wrapped gift so need to step up my game! As the oldest of 12, I never had the time or money to craft as a child but I’m sure making up for it now. πŸ˜€

Sally K says:

I love pretty packaging. This is going to be fun.

Pat says:

Yes! I am excited to read Rebecca’s posts and learn more about packaging! Handmade cards and beautiful packaging go hand in hand!

AngPearcy says:

I almost always give money or a gift certificate but I love the look of beautiful packaging. I guess what would appeal to me would be dressing up gift cards.

Jen Carter says:

What beautiful packaging! Thank you for sharing your tips!

Tina B. says:

What a beautiful story! I like my gifts to include a nice package, home made card as well as a homemade tag. All from the heart.

Colleen F says:

I am excited to see more on a monthly basis. I love packaging but usually get lazy. These are awesome pictures and ideas

Cheryl B. says:

I am looking forward to the packaging blog post each month. I always enjoy wrapping gifts,adding ribbon and bows, finishing with a coordinating tag. I am always looking for new and interesting ways to package gift cards and small gifts- earrings, candy etc.

Sharon D says:

I love pretty packaging! I like to do a solid color of paper, much like she described her grandmother’s, and then tie on a fancier tag.

TracyK says:

Great inspiration Rebecca. My packaging usually consists of paper with coordinating wired ribbon. I am looking forward to your tips and tricks so I can improve that.

Kathy J in Ellicott City says:

Love the packaging!

Susan says:

Would love to learn more about creative ways to package gift cards and/or cash. Also giving card sets in a unique and creative way.

Sara Mac says:

These are wonderful! I never take time to make beautiful packaging. Thanks for the inspiration.

Debbie Archer says:

Thanks for sharing your story along with a lot of great inspiration! I LOVE packaging, but don’t always have the time to create something special. This usually makes me a little sad when I give a gift that doesn’t have any ‘frills’ because I think that the package is a part of the gift. I want it to be extra special and enhance the actual gift.

BarbaraB says:

I love pretty packaging but I must confess that I often procrastinate and don’t have time to come up with somethung pretty.
    One of my goals is to make a bunch of tags for different occasions to have on hand.
    Looking forward to seeing Rebecca’s ideas so that I can CASE them.

Sue in Grapevine says:

So pretty! I love the colors she used.

Tanja S. says:

My sister wraps gifts beautifully too. I always save her ribbons, tags etc to reuse, but i am not sure i have the same knack of gift wrapping as she does.

Sue LD says:

Beautiful packaging. I need to improve in this area.

Alice Roushia says:

I love the tassels but mine always look aweful. They just dress up any type of package. I would also love just little tidbits of information

Becky M says:

That’s some gorgeous packaging! I’m afraid the art of layering things like that is beyond me though. Maybe this new feature will help me figure it out!

LaFaunB says:

Looking forward to a variety of packaging ideas and maximizing the use of the PTI products I own. Great pictures today!

Susan P says:

I am excited about a monthly packaging feature! Can’t wait to see more from Rebecca!

Nora says:

Oh how stunning!! I myself love beautiful packaging and don’t care if someone is just going to rip it open. Wrapping is an art form in itself and I love when people tell me they don’t want to open something or dig deep down in something I have wrapped because it looks too pretty. I cannot wait to see Rebecca’s ideas!!

Nita K. says:

I love the packaging post. I am always looking for fun ways to use the supplies I have.

Terri W says:

I love all of her ideas but I have to say that I never make my own packaging.

Beverly Perdue says:

Thanks for sharing your story about your mother and grandmother. I love to wrap and package gifts. I make gift baskets, gift boxes with matching tags, and I love to make bows. I’m looking forward to seeing all of your packaging ideas and tips each month.

Tammie J says:

Such good ideas. I used to be better at package decorating but lately I’ve been lax. This is the push I needed to do better.

Michele Lourenco says:

Stunning packaging and equally beautiful photography showcasing the designs! Can’t wait to see this specific feature every month!

lisa808 says:

Thank you for this new feature.

Janet Mack says:

This monthly post is going to be fun. I am looking forward to some great ideas, I saw something in this post that I want to use. Oh and I always use kraft or white wrapping paper.

Teddra says:

I’m excited for the packaging focus. I do pay special attention to the package when I know the recipient will appreciate the outside as well as what’s inside. Looking forward to future posts!

Lori Hefner says:

Love your story and beautiful packaging and tags!! Can’t wait for April 6th:) Thanks so much for sharing!

Caitlin says:

I admit I don’t think about packaging much but this is very inspiring. Looking forward to more ideas for tags and packaging.

Katherine says:

I really love interesting packaging ideas. Tags, layers and copious embellishments – so yummy!

Natasha says:

For as much as I love cardmaking and as much as I appreciate a beautifully wrapped package, I just can never seem to find the patience to make beautifully wrapped items. I would love to see great speedy gift wrap ideas!

Jona says:

What a great idea! I am absolutely the worst at wrapping and anything you could teach me would be a big help! My friend cringes every time I write the recipients name of my gift in black magic marker on the package! This segment will make her very happy!

Miriam Prantner says:

Such gorgeous wrapping!

Lisa R. says:

This is a wonderful addition to the PTI monthly features. I’m looking forward to learning lots of fun packaging tips from Rebecca.

Alyce Kennedy says:

I am so excited that I can barely stand it.
    Thank you Papertrey Ink for including a Packaging Ambassador to give us ideas about wrapping beautiful gifts!
    Can’t wait!!!
    Hugs,
    Alyce

Mimi R says:

OMG this series is right up my alley! I love to wrap all of my gifts with all kinds of ribbons, Pom poms, toys, and other do dads… I look forward to seeing what else I can glean from you!

Deborah S says:

I’m so very excited for this new feature – I LOVE packaging and enjoy making the gift itself look like the gift, kwim?

Charlene says:

I love to wrap and thrifty gifting is my term for creating gift packaging from whatever I can find in my craft room. Bits of ribbon, buttons, flowers, pearls…can’t wait to see what else Rebecca comes up with.

Shelly says:

I don’t spend that much time on packaging when it comes to birthday gifts. I may make a tag. However, I often make boxes and bows at Christmas time for gifts that are homemade and require a unique sized box. Rebecca’s packages look soo pretty…great eye candy indeed!

Heather says:

Beautiful introduction! I can tell your fist interest was creative writing… Thank you!

mary lewis says:

Your packaging is so beautiful, I have a few thank you packages to mail…might try some of your ideas.

Paulette Still says:

Beautiful packaging! I do love to make bags and boxes or tags for my gifts. Any personal touch makes gifts special. Thanks so much for all that you girls share at PTI. Xo

Lisa Dolson says:

This will be so cool! Can’t wait to see Rebecca’s pretties each month!

StephClapper says:

Like Rebecca, I have always enjoyed a beautifully wrapped package. Until last year, I had fun and took pride in my gift wrapping. Now I give gift cards and would very much like Rebecca’s ideas on gift card wrapping.

Deborah Rosenow says:

Thank you Rebecca for the great wrapping ideas. I love packing up my gifts in unique ways to surprise the recipient.

Lyn says:

Rebecca has a wonderful talent for putting things together so beautifully in her packaging .. Hopefully it will be an inspiration for me to be more creative in this direction.

Susan Nichols says:

I can’t wait to see what is in store for us pretty packaging people! Thank you, Rebecca.

Lindsey L says:

So incredibly excited for this feature! Rebecca is amazing! I haven’t done much beyond tags as far as packaging is concerned, but I do love at Christmas when everything is wrapped with a personalized handmade tag, and I would love to do more!

PT says:

Such gorgeous wrapping methods! I’m so looking forward to learning new and creative packaging techniques…

“Why do you spend so much time on something that will just be torn open and thrown away?” For myself, because wrapping up anything with a little extra care always shows just how much that person means to you. That’s the reason why I do it. πŸ™‚

Jess S. says:

I had a friend in university who came up with ingenious ideas for wrapping gifts. This sounds like an interesting series. I can’t wait to see what tips & tricks you’ve got for us.

Greta H says:

I was always the gift wrapper for our family when I was a kid, but they never looked like yours! I was awed by your W&W posts & look forward to what you share for PTI! I especially love the ruffles & doilies in today’s post!

Rebecca F. says:

So beautiful! I love to give gifts and am looking forward to more packaging ideas from Rebecca!

Rema DeLeeuw says:

Love your packaging!

Nancy Wilcox says:

Thanks for the great packaging ideas!

Angela W says:

I have never made my own packaging. I’m just thankful if I can get a card made!

Anna says:

I love wrapping presents! I also enjoy wrapping gift cards!? Loved your story! TFS!

Mary-Anne V. says:

Beautiful work!

Sarosa says:

Rebecca, I really enjoyed reading your bio! I also loved your colors … not my normal preference, so it was nice to get some “new” color inspiration!

Tracy says:

Great inspiration, I do like to create my own packaging when I am organized enough to do!

Deb Hudson says:

What a lovely idea to have inspirations for gift wrapping, tag design, and packaging. I look forward to using more ribbon (which I love and now have lots of) and embellishments. And Rebecca has already inspired me!

Nancy says:

So nicely said by Rebecca, I’m sure her mom and gramma’s are looking down at all her creativity and happy in their influence that they so obviously had.
    Now I know how to use some of those adorable and cute little trinkets, pieces of lace, etc., that I just had to have.
    Looking forward to some interesting new projects and ideas.

Robyn C. says:

I love to wrap packages that make people smile. Looking forward to more tips about color,paper and trims. Great post.

Linda C says:

Don’t usually dress up my packaging but Rebecca’s photos are very beautiful.

Terri (Blindstamper) says:

I’m a total novice when it comes to packaging…so I’m looking forward to this feature. It is something I would like to try and do more often. It makes something that much more personal.

merryf says:

Such a wonderful idea to feature packaging and tags! I’m a big believer in the impact of beautiful presentation. Even if I’m wrapping for one of my preteen and teen nieces and nephews I always try to add a little bling with gold or silver ribbon and a tag. I can’t wait to see all the inspiration flowing from Rebecca!

Melissa S. says:

I used to make all kinds of pretty packaging. Now I am doing well to slap a tag or ribbon on a gift. I need to sit down and make some pretty packaging for some gifts I know are coming up.

Liza Dehnel says:

So pretty. I’m looking forward to trying this out and I’m excited about seeing new ideas monthly

Denise Bryant says:

These ideas are so inspiring! Extra special to give a gift that is wrapped and presented so beautifully! Such pretty details!

Belinda L says:

Wow, love the sweet tags – such pretty packaging! Great post and thanks for sharing!

Oh my, these are so so pretty!

Cathy Y says:

I enjoyed the packaging post, and it brought to mind my Great Aunt Mamie, who passed many years ago. She always worked hard, but had little in the way of money or possessions. But she still gave each of my siblings and cousins a small gift every Christmas. Every package was wrapped in plain white tissue paper. Instead of tape, she used the old-fashioned Christmas stickers (that you actually had to lick) to hold the paper seams. The tag was made from recycled Christmas cards. But these are the packages that stand out in my mind! They were so different from the brightly patterened paper we used then and now. Thanks for bringing back a wonderful memory!

Kyle Eddings says:

I can’t say I ever gave too much thought into spending time making wrapping and tags for gifts. Beautiful photos, but still doubtful I will take the time to do this. I’ll check in next month and see if I feel differently about it.

Tammy W says:

Gorgeous packaging. I need to think more ahead and do things like this. I have the supplies just need to make the time to do it!

AllysonA says:

I am very interested in her layering process, and I would love more ideas for tags and such. I LOVE the packaging and ideas displayed here – so pretty!

Monika/buzsy says:

Fantastic packaging. Love the fluff and soft colors. Very elegant. I like to add tags to my packaging… so maybe more tag dies and ideas would be useful.

Betty N says:

Beautiful projects! I usually don’t do much in the way of packaging- maybe one day. Thank you for the inspiration!

Lisa K says:

I love the story of your inspiration. My mom inspires me as well. She is a quilter and I am a paper crafter. Someday I will need to learn to quilt as well. The photos of the packages are beautiful. What an inspiration.

Lauren Yo. says:

So pretty, it would take me a long time to get past the packaging to get to the goodie inside!

Kris says:

I am excitedly about this new feature…I ADORE packaging! Looking forward to seeing new ideas.

Cindy C says:

Thanks for the inspiration! Love fancy packaging & giving pretty gifts!!

Janis in ID says:

I am soooooooo excited to see Rebecca will be featured regularly. I fell IN LOVE with her techniques and style over on W&W and now I will get to learn more!!! So love how she makes gift-wrapping approachable….because it has always been intimidating to me. Thank you for choosing her for this new role!!
    <3 J

jwoolbright at gmail dot com
    HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

Great packaging ideas!! So excited with all the Papertrey Ink Blog changes.

pmm says:

Beautiful packaging!

LeeAnne says:

I’m excited to learn more about this part of craftiness! I currently lack the skills to pull this off!

Manda says:

I love the packaging ideas Rebecca has shared!

Penny J says:

Gorgeous packaging! My gift wrapping certainly isn’t up to par, so I am really looking forward to Rebecca’s post each month. This was a beautiful post!

I do create my own packaging but I don’t really give a lot of gifts. And many are last minute. So having more ideas will be great.

Linda Sodano says:

I like the creative packaging feature very much. Pretty ideas!

Rachael Burdick says:

I absolutely love pretty packaging! I really want to wrap gifts with hand stamped paper, ribbon, and handmade tags but it always seems to take too much time. Maybe someday I’ll start doing it, but until then I can admire everyone else’s beautiful creations. πŸ™‚

Sandy W, says:

Packaging, one of my favorite things to do! I love to co-ordinate my packages with a card to match. I can’t wait to see what more Rebecca has to share! Thanks!

Sherrie M. says:

Rebecca’s creations are gorgeous! I don’t often create packaging but I am not opposed to it. I’m sure PTI has a lot of great stuff in store to inspire….

jen shears says:

I LOOOOOOVE pretty packaging! Tags & pretty ribbon are about the extent of my fancy packaging….

Jackie LIc says:

That packaging is amazing. It will certainly brighten up my packaging. Looking forward to more.

Stacy Jensen says:

I’d love to learn some little touches that make a big impact on packaging and gifting. Easy additions and little tricks of the trade/tools that make all the difference. I’m excited to see what this new year brings at PTI!

MaryB says:

I always want to have gorgeous packaging, but usually don’t have time to put it together. I’m looking forward to all the inspiration this next year!

Sharon J says:

I love the idea of harnessing all my stamps and stash to take my gift wrapping to a whole other level!
    I can’t wait to see more!

Beautiful ideas! I love creating my own packaging or at least add something little to make it special. I would appreciate ideas on odd shaped gifts-like balls, bottles, etc.

Jessica Monte says:

Beautiful. I am always loving to try new ways of packageing gifts. Everyone did a beautiful job

Jen W says:

So looking forward to your posts. Who doesn’t love a pretty package.

Lori B says:

I am looking forward to this new feature with Rebecca. I am a bag it & go type of girl, so I’m happy to learn more about beautiful packaging. Rebecca’s photos are amazing, maybe she can give tips on that too!

I love anything packaging–I’ve even bought things just for the packaging, LOL! Excited for this new feature!

Caitlin Rebecca says:

I LOVED all of Rebeccas ideas!!! I really enjoy making my packages special:)

Linda F says:

Fabulous post. Warm and heartfelt. I agree beautiful packaging does make you feel special. I do make my own packaging for smaller items and usually coordinate it with my card or tag. When I give a gift to my husbands Oma she will often not unwrap it for weeks – just admiring the packaging – which is both annoying and pleasing at the same time.

Dawn W. says:

Packaging is not one of my great strength so I am happy for the ideas and inspiration!

Cindy Hanson says:

I love making my gifts extra special with tags and bows and stamped elements. What a beautiful post!

Lisa G. says:

I am super excited about this feature. Always looking for different ways to package a gift.

Kristie H says:

Love the beautiful packaging! I’ve got 2 boys so I’ve gotten out of the habit of making the package look extra special…thanks for the ideas!

Dasha says:

Wow such a beautiful wrapping and gorgeous tags! Stunning

Rebecca B. from FL says:

Beautiful packaging is like giving two gifts! I am excited to see what Rebecca has to share each month.

Nancy G says:

Packaging is what I would like to do more of. Rebecca your inspiration is beautiful!!

Sheri Elmont says:

I always am a last minute Lucy when it comes to the packaging and am then frustrated because I want it to be prettier. I’m looking forward to this new feature.

Janet W says:

I love wrapping packages! Thanks for the beautiful new ideas!

sarah t. says:

Love making packaging, especially tags and bags. Would love to see you revisit some of the downloads you had years ago and create some dies to help recreate them.

I am just not that clever with tags on gifts, so I am loving the inspiration Rebecca brings to PTI! Now I will make it a priority to add a handmade tag to match my card and gift packaging!

Olga V says:

Rebecca, you rock! I LOVE wrapping my gifts and adding a tiny extra oumph here and there, so I totally get your obsession with gift wrapping! Thank you for the ideas and inspiration! I’d love to learn tag-making at some point…

Amy Klin says:

Fun packaging inspiration!

Jennifer L. says:

Beautiful packaging! I’d like to see tips on stamping your own wrapping paper.

Elizabeth Marie says:

What a beautiful story and packaging. Crafty people rule!

Marilyn in Michigan says:

I love making my own tags for Christmas. I’d love to see Rebecca show ways to stretch supplies.

I can’t wait to see more packaging inspiration!I love to give gifts that are wrapped creatively!

Josiane says:

I haven’t created packaging in a long time so I am looking forward to Rebecca’s feature. Her creations are so pretty!

Happy 10th anniversary, PTI! Here’s to many more!