guest blogger: Heather Nichols

Travelersjournalheather

Hello, everyone, and welcome to the new Traveler’s Journal feature coming to you each month. I am so excited to be able to share with you some inspiration for creating your own Traveler’s Journal along with new products that are sure to encourage and inspire your journals.

I am also excited that I will have contributors for the Traveler’s Journal feature. Don’t miss Stephanie Gold’s beautiful journal featured after mine on this post.

Journaling1

{image source}

If you aren’t familiar with Traveler’s Journals, let me share a little bit about that: I was inspired by the journaling trend that has been going on in the scrapbooking world. It’s taking a notebook that you might have just normally written with some journaling, notes, etc. and making it into a sort of mini scrapbook. These little books can be as simple as a place to make to do lists or take notes to as complex as a full on scrapbook or art journal. It is popular to bundle up several journals into one book with a cover piece that allows you to add a bunch of little books together and then swap them out if you want, depending on how you want to use the books.

Journaling2

{image source}

I took this idea and created a collection of products that allow you to create your own journals with the paper crafting supplies that you may already have as well as with some new patterned papers, stamps, dies, and more. The Traveler’s Journal: Adventure products made their debut last summer and it seems that many people are loving this idea as much as I do.

So this month I am sharing some ideas with you about setting up your journal. Whether you want to set up your journal before you use it, or like to gather all of your materials and put your book together all at once. I have a new stamp set debuting this month that is perfect for this called Traveler’s Journal: Dates (available on March 15) and you are going to see lots of peeks of that set in the project that I am sharing today.

Travelers-Journal-Dates-webview

First of all I have put together a little video that shows a flip through of the journal that I created to share with you today. This journal includes pictures and journaling from the month of February of this year.

IMG_2325

First of all I gathered everything that I was thinking about including in my journal. I printed pictures and went through my calendar from that month to look at the things that we did during the month. Post-its are your friend when you are getting a journal organized. You can stick them right to the page that you are using the information on and move them around easily if you need to.

I also stamped a calendar to use at the beginning of my journal. The number circles are from the new Traveler’s Journal: Dates set.

I am using the Traveler’s Journal Page Blanks to put the journal together.

IMG_2327

Once I had my items collected and organized, I started setting up my journal with the stamping that I wanted to add into it. I didn’t write something for every single day, as you will see. I used the day of the week circle images from the new Traveler’s Journal: Dates set to label when my journaling was from.

I don’t assemble my journal before adding items to it, you certainly can though.

IMG_2326

I really like to use my old typewriter to do my journaling. I just put the actual journal page right into my typewriter and go for it.

You can hand write journaling, print it out from a computer, and even stamp it out with alphabet letter stamps.

IMG_2372

Here is the cover. My plan is to create a bunch of little journals throughout the year and collect them together. They will be so fun to page through later on!

IMG_2374IMG_2375

(click any picture to see it larger)

Opening the journal to the first page, I added an envelope to stick some extras into like ticket stubs, notes, or pictures.

IMG_2376IMG_2377

The next spread features the month calendar card and a favorite photo from the month. When I laid out the pictures that I chose for the month, I noticed a lot of purple and so stamped up some coordinating patterned papers to use on my layouts. There’s a polka dot paper made with Amethyst Allure cardstock stamped with Dark Indigo and a plaid paper made with Lilac Grace cardstock and stamped with Amethyst Allure, Dark Indigo, and Fresh Snow ink.

IMG_2378IMG_2379

The next page is the first week of February, I added a picture from the week and then added some journaling for several of the days.

IMG_2380IMG_2381

For the second week of February, I just added a photo and did some journaling about it and didn’t worry about lots of details from the week.

IMG_2382IMG_2383

Here’s the third week of February. I love how using the week day circles from the Traveler’s Journal: Dates set throughout the book keeps everything looking all pulled together!

IMG_2384IMG_2385

Here’s the fourth week. Did you notice how I really kept going back to the same general layout? That makes putting things together so much faster since you aren’t reinventing the wheel for each spread.

IMG_2386IMG_2387

And here is the last few days of February. Just a little journaling and I repeated the heart embellishment that I did on the inside front cover on the inside back cover.

With a little planning a project like this comes together quickly and easily. And the Traveler’s Journal collection can literally be used to journal and/or document anything you want.

Supplies:

STAMPS: Traveler’s Journal: Dates, Monthly Moments: Year Round Mini, Polka Dot Basics III, Background Basics: Super Stripes

INK: Smokey Shadow, Fresh Snow, Amethyst Allure, Dark Indigo

CARDSTOCK: white, kraft, Amethyst Allure, Lilac Grace, Traveler’s Journal Page Blanks

OTHER: Traveler’s Journal: Envelope die, XOXO die, Keep it Simple Frames die, Rustic Jute button twine, washi tape

Travelersjournalstephanie

I so excited that Stephanie Gold will be joining me to contribute some amazing Traveler’s Journal inspiration:

β€œI am a huge fan of Travelers Journals despite the fact that I don’t get to travel as often as I would like! I use them for many things and today I am very excited to show you one way I love to utilize their small, customizable formats. :)”

IMG_3605

IMG_3609

IMG_3618

Supplies:

STAMPS: Travelers Journal – Dates, Polka Dot Basics

DIES: Monthly Moments: Journal Card 6, Delicate Details

INK: Hawaiian Shores, Smokey Shadow, Black

CARDSTOCK: Hawaiian Shores, Raspberry Fizz, Limeade Ice, Berry Sorbet

KITS: Travelers Journal Kit, Don’t Forget To Write Kit

OTHER: Natural and White Twine, Black Polka Dot Washi Tape, Tassel, Vellum Bag

Click over to Stephanie’s blog to see more of her beautiful Traveler’s Journal and learn how she customized and set it up for how she wanted to use it.

Thank you so much for joining me today and I look forward to sharing more Traveler’s Journal inspiration with you next month!

Big-news

Amy's headshot Andi's headshot

We will have two additional bloggers joining the Traveler’s Journal Team throughout the year to show you even more you can do with this versatile collection. Amy Sheffer and new face Andi Schalow both have unique styles and are passionate about this type of paper crafting. We are excited to have them on board for this and know you will look forward to seeing what they have t offer each month!

Challenge

Heather and Stephanie have shared some amazing inspiration today using the Traveler’s Journal products! Now it’s your turn! Your challenge is to incorporate a photo into a project. You can create a personalized birthday card, a special keepsake for an upcoming graduate, a greeting for a friend that shares a special photo of the two of you together, or maybe a Traveler’s Journal page of your own, scrapbook layout, altered home decor or anything else you dream up! Keep it as simple or in depth as you like!

How-to-win

1. Create a new project that incorporates at least one photograph! This can be a card, layout, journal, altered home decor, etc…

2. Your project must use at least one Papertrey product.

3. Upload a photo of your project to your blog, Instagram, online gallery or any other photo-hosting site (such as photobucket or flickr).

4. Add the direct link to your project on our InLinkz list below.

5. ONLY ONE PROJECT ENTRY PER PERSON PLEASE!

6.  And/or you can leave a comment here to be eligible to win. Do you currently own any of the Traveler’s Journal products? If not, does this type of “small scale” journaling/scrapbooking/memory keeping appeal to you? What types of things would you document with your next Traveler’s Journal? (Just click the small “comments” link  beside the date in the footer of this post.  If you are reading this as an email subscription, be sure to click through to the actual blog to leave an eligible comment)

7. You have until 7am ET, Wednesday, March 15th to add your project link or comment and qualify for the contest.

8. TEN randomly selected winners (five comments and five projects) will be announced on our March Release Winners page no later than 9pm ET, March 15th.

The-prizes

TEN randomly selected winners will each receive an $25 Papertrey gift certificate to spend however they choose! Thank you for joining us today and best of luck with the contest!

see mary stamp says:

I’m really looking forward to the monthly Traveler’s Journal posts and all the inspiration this team will offer. Love the new Dates set.

Kelly Flaherty says:

I’m excited to see what glorious ideas the team will come up with for the journal, which I absolutely LOVE!

Amanda says:

I love the traveler’s journal idea, however, I need a bigger one. I can’t work that small, especially when I travel. A lot of my tickets and things wouldn’t fit in this small size. I would love there to be one that comes together to a 5X8ish size. That would get used in my house all.the.time!!

Beth Stiver says:

I don’t have the stamps and dies but my interest was peaked as I saw how Heather and Steph used them. I look forward to seeing more.

Polly Lemire says:

Some interesting ideas that I could incorporate into my bullet journal.

Shelly says:

I do not own any of the traveler’s journal products. I love the look of them though. I am scrapbooker per say although I haven’t done a layout in a long time. I am started to do more pocket page type layouts and could see using the date stamps easily on within the pockets. I am excited to see what is in store for the future!

Pat A. says:

I’ve always loved this type of journal, with all of its smart dies and supplies. Can’t wait for more inspiration!

Dragica W. says:

Love the traveler’s journal idea! Can’t wait to see more of it.

I love to look at travel journals but I’ve never really thought of doing one myself… I do like to make mini albums though for scrap booking!

Carmela Hubler says:

Thanks for sharing your beautiful projects. I have enjoyed scrapbooking and have made some small mini albums some were based on trips. I didn’t specifically use a travel journal like the ones displayed. I do enjoy scrapbooking and I think the ideas you have shared can be incorporated into that craft area or even into making cards which is where I spend more of my time today. I am not currently doing much traveling but if I do more in retirement I would consider making a travel journal. I think they are a great way to remember your journey.

marcy says:

I don’t do any travel journals. All are in regular scrapbooks. I do enjoy looking at your ideas though.

Victoria h says:

I’m coming around to thinking this is a great way to keep memories.

erin says:

I do own some of the goodies and while I’m not going to create a journal, I do love the small scale, still great for incorporating in cards. As a campground owner, I’d love more camping themed goodies… travel the world!

Donna Phelan says:

Those are lovely! I always enjoy looking at other’s journaling photos and process, I do not journal at all. I can’t even finish scrapbooks from years gone by. lol

Adele Holcomb says:

I don’t currently own any Travelers’ Journal products, but the idea intrigues me. Of course they would be perfect to document trips, which I like to do but am behind on. Those vacation photos really would like to come out of the plastic storage bag!

I once made a “year in the life” booklet that this could be adapted to, capturing tidbits of life as they occurred — you know, things too small to scrapbook like finding a blue jay feather, or receiving an unexpected call from an old friend. I’ve enjoyed going back and looking at that journal.

Oh, and I’ve started a book of family heirlooms with a photo and a description of what’s special about the item. My hope is that at least the kids will know what they are throwing away, and the things they do keep will have some history to pass along to their heirs.

Lauren Yo. says:

I am really attracted to mini scrapbooks, they are less overwhelming & seem more manageable than a large scale one. So I could see myself trying out the travel journal line.

Holly Saveur says:

Looks so much fun..
    I don’t own any travelers book items..I don’t travel either..but sure would know other uses for these items..

Marianne says:

I’m always in awe of people who do travel journaling or scrapbooking. I still have boxes full of old photographs that I intended to put in albums many years ago.

Tina B. says:

I love the traveler’s journals. I plan on making one for my grandson as he’s involved in Boy’s Scouts. Thanks for the idea, PTI.

lisa808 says:

No, I don’t own any of these products, but they do interest me.

At the moment I do not own any of the Travelers Journal products and sadly I do not get to travel as much as I would like as I live on a farm and chores often get in the way. However, I am a passionate gardener and I think that these journals would be just the thing to document the gardening year. Thank you for all the inspiration. I am looking forward to this feature. Cheers.

Debs says:

I like journaling while traveling, but I buy my journal at my destination because it defines the trip…there are so many neat paper products around the world. I bring a small zipper bag with simple supplies in small quantities, such as watercolor pencils, scissors, tape, glue, and always…sequins…need that bling.

Pat says:

I have been a big fan of Heather’s travel and Monthly Moments sets for years. I can’t wait to see what she’ll design for this series. And, yes, I love small scale journaling and memory keeping stamp sets. I’ve got to get back to putting together books of my kids’ childhood photos. So many ideas…so little time!

SherryG says:

When my parents moved to a state 22 hours away, I started keeping a traveler’s journal. I noted exits where we found good food, clean restrooms, shopping outlets, Starbucks, etc. It’s been more than 30 years since I started it, and we’ve added many other destinations over the years. It has been invaluable!

Linda C says:

I do have the envelope. I find the small scale is harder for me probably because I have a hard time with the journaling.

Martha says:

What a fun new feature & lovely inspiration!

S. Molinari says:

I am a newbie at TN’s and I LOVE making them. So excited for this series!

LindaM says:

I don’t own any of the journaling products, but I am intrigued with all that I have seen today. Looking forward to the team sharing more of their wonderful items and ideas.

Jeni says:

I don’t have any of the traveler’s journal products. I am a scrapbooker but prefer the pocket style of scrapbooking so I don’t see myself using this method. I’m not big into journaling either.

It looks like a neat line of products though. I may be able to adapt some of them into my style of scrapbooking.

Noelle says:

These are so neat. The small size is less intimidating. I’m excited to see how they are put into use!

Carol Blaisdell says:

I currently do not journal in this way. However, we are taking a Panama cruise next month which really needs to be documented in some way, so this may be the impetus I need.

Kristinkat2 says:

I am horrible about recording travel memories, so I haven’t invested in any travel journaling products. But I love looking at what you all create. So fun! Thanks for inspiring.

Jill A says:

How fun–I love to travel and these keepsakes will make wonderful memories–can’t wait to see more!!!!

Gina Eggebrecht says:

I have several Traveler’s Journals but they sit in a basket – I’m intimidated to use them. I am hoping there will be inspiration that helps me get over that! I really like these date stamps – they’ll be great for scrapbooking, too.

Diana K says:

I don’t yet own any of your traveler’s journal products, but I could be convinced. πŸ™‚ I’ve just recently gone back to recording my life’s journey and love this new feature.

Kristina says:

I love the Travelers Journal! It makes scrapbooking seem less intimidating. Having a monthly series will be fun! I can’t wait to see more.

KKO says:

What a fun post! It inspired me to keep a traveler’s journal in our camper this summer! Family members could jot notes and journal how we spent our days. Also, we occasionally lend our camper to friends and they, too, could add some daily entries.

Katherine says:

I just don’t have time to journal much anymore, but I do have my travel journal from my trip to Europe when I was 14. I hope to one day take my children on that journey one day!

Joyce says:

What fun ideas! I’m really bad at getting photos printed now that we use the phone so much. Hopefully this will inspire me to do just that.

Natasha says:

I love the traveler journal products! I’m hoping to see more products from Heather this year. I haven’t started one yet, but the existing items are on my wishlist! I like this method of small scale journaling for recording special events, like a trip.

Megan Carroll says:

Fun new idea! Thanks for sharing PTI!

Becky Green says:

WOW!!! Heather & Stephanie, you have done a BEAUTIFUL JOB on your little Journals! I LOOOOOVE the smaller size! I guess I NEVER THOUGHT of them being that small & have ALWAYS FELT intimidated by Journaling! NOW, that I have a different perspective, I think I would LOOOOOVE to try these! πŸ˜‰ I LOOOOVE the OLD FEEL you gave yours Heather!!! ;)Our daughter would LOOOOVE Stephanie’s PINK! LOL πŸ˜‰

Teresa Currie says:

Love this new monthly feature and Heather’s Traveler’s Journal is so much fun! Looking forward to regular contributions from Heather, Stephanie, Amy and Andi!!
    This size is perfect for gifting little keepsakes!!
    πŸ™‚

Greta H says:

Very creative! Fun to use pictures in projects once in awhile other than the holidays–great challenge!

Rosemary D says:

don’t own any of the travelers journal products. the little albums shown today are super cute!

Terry says:

So love Heather and Stephanie’s use of the cute journals. …..definitely inspiring!

Debbie B says:

Love the idea, can’t wait to see more of it!

Natalie Winterstein says:

I started my paper crafting journey as a scrapbooker, so I love this! Can’t wait to see what’s in store! πŸ™‚

Leanne S says:

Don’t own any travelers journal products.

Miriam Prantner says:

I don’t own any of these products yet, but I do love small scale scrapping/journaling, and they are on my wishlist.

Linda E (uncbballfan) says:

I like the idea of adapting a traveler’s journal for other aspects of my life.

Marianne M says:

I DO love the idea of a traveler’s journal–just have never devoted the time to doing it–maybe once or twice. And then it took me forever! I love seeing these ideas and suggestions for making it easier.

Maureen P says:

I’ve made larger scrapbooks about trips, but never a small journal like these gorgeous ones. I think I would have liked a smaller footprint than my large scrapbooks. They are so cute and beautiful.!

Janet S says:

I take lots of pictures while we travel but don’t keep a journal. It’s an idea that I might just pick up since a lot of times we don’t remember events surrounding a certain picture! Good idea!

Linda Sodano says:

I love traveling! Last year we went to Maine and I kept notes about everything we saw, did, and are. These products would be great to make a nice keepsake journal of our trip.

Debbie says:

Continue to love the new features and inspiration.I am so looking forward to tomorrow.

Keri says:

I do own the Traveler’s Journal: Envelope die, and have the Outer Cover die on my wish list. I have used the envelope more for gift packaging, however, which is the main reason why I started paper crafting.

Dana Kirby says:

I love to scrapbook and this is such a great extension of that!! I will look forward to seeing what is created each month!!

Susan says:

While I love the idea, I can’t see this as something I would have time to do in addition to my daily journaling. But I would like to make a suggestion. I would LOVE to have a journal for gardening. I see them in the stores, but I would love to be able to personalize mine better with stamps etc…Some suggestions would be to include a place for seed packets or those plastic tabs they put in plants with the identifying name on them to be kept when you add to your garden, a place for photos to be able to document where you planted things so that you don’t plant on top of them in their dormant season, and what for seasonal photos throughout the year….stamps to highlight garden additions, garden wish lists, gardens visited…I use a lot of your flower collections for this, but there are always more…stamps for garden friendly bugs…there is SO much! And I’ve only touched on flower gardening! Vegetables and herbs are also a must! This is something I have not been able to find out there anywhere so it’s a great opportunity!

JosieDee says:

I always think I will start a journal when I travel but I get so caught up in sights and adventures that I just get tired and never get around to writing. Perhaps this will get me motivated to actually follow through the next time I travel!

Kathryn A says:

Love Heather’s journal! I do write in a journal, sporadically, but never decorate it. These stamps would make it more interesting to look at.

I don’t own any of the Journal products. I used to scrapbook when my kids were younger. Maybe when I get grand kids???

Cheryl F. says:

I really need to get an old typewriter. What a great touch to add to journals and cards!

Julia Aston says:

I have the journal dies and most of the stamps but have not used them yet (!?) seeing posts like these will inspire me to get them out! Since I don’t travel a lot lately – I would use it to chronicle an event or something involving photos of the grands!

Denise Bryant says:

Love this idea! I love the small size for a memory keeper book. I’d make one with pics and souvenirs of a trip to Disneyland! Lots of pockets and envelopes for special keepsakes!

Karen B. says:

I don’t have any of the traveler’s journal products. I love the examples though. πŸ™‚

Teri W says:

Interesting concept! I’ll have to try it😎

Sue McRae says:

I don’t make any travel journals but it sounds like a fun idea. I like the smaller scale of it, it seems less intimidating and more doable.

Jan Pufall says:

Heather always has such uncomplicated yet interesting and fun posts. This traveler’s post was not a let down. Thanks for the clever use of materials.

Linda M. says:

I don’t have any of the traveler’s journal products, but I’m very interested in them, I love what Heather and Stephanie created and look forward to seeing more!

Peggy S says:

I love the idea of today’s challenge of using a photo in a card, but I don’t have any of these products and am not sure it’s my thing. That doesn’t stop me from enjoying reading about it, though!

Joni M says:

I use a travel journal every time we vacation. I make my own book and add trip specific information before we go. I’m constantly referring to it for information on flights, hotels, itineraries, etc. Then I add notes, stories and sketches while we travel. The whole family loves looking back on it after the trip is only a memory :oD

Becca Yahrling says:

Great post! I wish I was able to travel more. I have done a little in the past and I wish these type of things were available to me back then. I’ll have to look through some old photos to see what I can come up with.

Angela W says:

I don’t have the traveler’s journal, and as that I don’t really have any need for one. However, I think it would be cute to turn this product into a little cookbook with recipes inside or into a small scrapbook for new parents where all they had to do was add pictures of their new baby.

Julene says:

I do collect and use travelers notebooks, mostly for my calendar, planning trips, lists, quotes and journaling memories and moments. But I have not really gotten into decorating them. I did purchase some of the PTI adventure traveler tines last year to use in my card making, but do love the idea of making more of a scrapbook! Thanks for the inspiration!

Colleen F says:

I am taking a Mediterranean Cruise this summer with my older daughter and her two teenage daughters, I am excited about this Travelers journal and incorporating some of your ideas and stamps to this event. I already bought some journals for the girls to keep track of the days and to write their thoughts about what we have seen! Perfect timing!

Sue LD says:

Love these type of journals. I like the use of a typewriter to type in them too.

Sue in Grapevine says:

I don’t use any Traveler’s journal products now, but have been considering incorporating one into my bullet journaling.

Donna K says:

I have used this small journal idea for events other than travel. Sometimes I just want to save (or gift) some photos and memories of a day trip, a birthday party, an apple picking day, etc. A big scrapbook is overwhelming to me but just filling a few pages with one event is fun. Welcome to the new ladies. I look forward to all the new PTI plans for the upcoming year.

Vicki Smith says:

Very exciting! Love all the new ideas and I love how creativity has brought women together in the craft world and empowered us to try new things and be able to socialize with each other thanks to technology.

Tammy W says:

I don’t own any of the traveling journal products because that is not something I would use, I’m more a card maker. I enjoyed seeing the beautiful projects though.

kellyv says:

I make a mini ‘traveler’s journal’ every time I travel just so I can remember all of the little details of our trips and translate all of the goodness from that wee book into scrapbook pages when I return home. now that I am not so much into scrapbooking, I think I will make travel journals just because they are an amazing artifact in and of themselves! love heather’s kit and her ideas!

VikkiCH says:

I love keeping a travel journal and these ideas are inspiring!

Pat Whitley says:

I am not a big traveler at this point in my life. I wish I had been when I took a few nice trips when I was much younger.

Connie Fisher says:

I have never made a travelers journal….but I do like the concept. When we were young kids, our mom bought each of us a small photo album that would hold pictures and postcards from our vacations. I still have my little blue book and never really thought of it as a travel journal, but it kind of is one….pictures, postcards and even pressed flowers we found on our trips. I started as a scrapbooker and moved on to cards when I found PTI. Thanks for the inspiration. I think I will be trying some of these ideas

lainey says:

I’m happy to see this will be a monthly feature!

Cindy O says:

I think it would be fun to use the Traveler’s Journal for a mini art and scripture journal. It’s great to see the inspiration for using it more!

L. Sunn says:

I’m so excited about all the new content coming to the blog each month. While I’m not a journaling or scrapbooking person (cards are my passion), I love that the stamps seem versatile enough to incorporate in card making!

Rachael Burdick says:

I don’t use travel journals, but the new dates stamps are very cute!

Deb Hudson says:

Ambassador Nichols you have inspired me once again. I have been doing the Monthly Moments but I see today how fun making a travel journal can be and incorporated with the Monthly Moments. A great picture of the kitty.

Steffi H. says:

So many beautiful captured memories.

Kathy Mc says:

Love to travel but don’t own any of the Travel Jounal products…yet. Never been a scrapbooker either, but the mini journals are a great option. Enjoyed seeing what Heather and Stephanie have done. Awesome ideas for quick and easy themes!

Anne B says:

I do use a travellers notebook – but not really for journaling or memory keeping. It’s just to keep track of my to do lists! Great to see the products in use by others though πŸ˜‰

Lynn Gauthier says:

What a super idea. I will have to start a travelers journal when we go to see my Niece in New York.
    Thanks so much for sharing with us and for all the great tips and ideas!

Mutzy Mia says:

Enjoyed the inspiration today. I don’t have any of the Travelers Journal supplies but have always been fascinated with journals. Will enjoy seeing what’s ahead and maybe I’ll even be motivated to give this a try.

Sandy Dayhoff says:

Although I don’t do traveler’s journaling, I do appreciate all the effort that goes into it. I can still get inspiration from it. I love the purples with the kraft!

Luanne Ford says:

I actually started papercrafting by scrapbooking! However, when I discovered stamping and cards took over. I don’t have many journaling products, but a few. Maybe some day when I retire I’ll pick it up again.

Sandy Vincent says:

Cute projects today. Although I don’t have any of the Traveler’s Journal products, it’s still fun to look and get inspiration.

Amy Cooley says:

I like the smaller size! I think my son would love to document his travels as he starts to have more adventures in high school.

Kathy Krug says:

I have never gotten into journals or scrapbooks. I rarely take a picture unless it is of cards that I make, but I love all the ideas I see and adopt them into my card making.

I’ve been keeping a Traveler’s Notebook for two years now to document our trips, and have often used PTI’s stamps! Excited to see this new feature each month.

TracyK says:

I’ve been looking at these and really like them, but haven’t purchased yet. My wish list is far too long!

I used to keep journals of all my voyages … it was great fun. Nowadays I travel very little, so don’t need to any more … though do love to see others’ journals! Anita πŸ™‚

Nancy M says:

I don’t own any of the Traveler’s Journal products, but have enjoyed seeing what Heather has shared with them.

Lorraine says:

I don’t own any of the traveler’s journal items. But I love seeing the creations – so cute & clever!

Noreen says:

I have always done a looser form of traveler’s journal. Each time I take a trip I carry along a small notebook, which I try to write in each night to record the day’s events. I like the idea of adding envelopes to hold various artifacts you accumulate.

Paula e. says:

Lots of great inspiration today. Would love to do a travel journal on my next trip!

Anika F says:

I love the idea of a Travellers journal, but I can’t seem to figure out what to do with a while blank page. I think it’s the same reason I didn’t like traditional scrapbooking. But I can definitely see me using this set for my pocket scrapbooks, I can’t wait to see more!

CathyL says:

I don’t own any of the Travelers Journal products, but enjoy seeing how others document their travel experiences.

Linda S. says:

I am strictly a card maker and even gave up scrap booking once I started my cards. I do my scrap booking of travels and family on-line. So I don’t own any of the Travelers Journal products.

What great projects! This is not something I’ve tried before, but I am now very tempted!

Dolores says:

I love that you went with circles! Now everything can look like polka dots! I document my travels through photographs that I enlarge and frame for pictures on my walls. These old eyes don’t do small detail work much these days.

Penny P. says:

I love the traveler’s journal! I bought a few of the products and I’m sure I’ll buy more in the future!

AngPearcy says:

I think a travel journal is a sweet and simple way to keep your memories. It beats doing a huge scrapbook, which is what I use to do. Thanks for the great tips!

sarah t. says:

This is the day of the new format that I’m most excited about, despite never getting round to finishing travel journals. I’ve always got the best of intentions – save tickets, maps, brochures etc. but somehow they never make it out of the storage bag. But I still keep buying Heather’s sets because one day I’ll have the time and they’re just too lovely to pass up.

Isabel Z says:

I do not own this set but it does appeal to me in that I have boxes and boxes of photos and memorabilia that need to find a good home. Starting with something like the Traveler’s Journal would make the task of preserving the memories less daunting.

Linda Reilly says:

This looks like fun. I’m hoping to make my first travelers journal for an upcoming vacation.

Regina roach says:

What a cute journal! Especially love the vintage typing.

Ugh, I do NOT have any of the traveler’s journal items. Boo hoo. I think it’s incredibly versatile, though, for so many areas, even if you don’t travel. I like the idea of putting little inspirational quotes, or Bible memory cards, into the pockets and being able to keep it in your purse.

Chris L says:

Looking forward to seeing all of the great projects!

CindyR says:

I am so excited to see the ideas for the traveler’s journal. This is my first year with a planner, and have been thinking about journaling as well. I can’t wait to see the other ideas your bloggers will have. We will be going to Italy in the fall and this would be a perfect way to record our trip.

Beautiful inspiration, love the date stamps!

The travel journal is my favorite product, I sure have done a few myself, love the pretty inspiration from the team!

Cathy Y says:

I would use a small journal just to keep track of where I’ve been! I’ve been on tours of Germany & Alaska and can’t remember all the cities. Sheesh.

beatrice W. says:

Love the traveler’s journal idea!

Mel H says:

I do not own any travelers journal products but I love the date stamps.

storymusicgirl says:

Very cute…but not my thing…yet. πŸ™‚

Marci Snee says:

This is spectacular Heather!!!! Oh my goodness. I want to go on a trip just to make one. Wow. Thanks so much for sharing this wonderful project!!!!! I’m in Love.

Donna Gourley says:

I don’t own any of the traveler’s journey products but the date sent this month intrigues me.

Jude S says:

I hadn’t heard of this concept, but I love it. I am a listmaker and I think it would be great to keep some of those list…no matter how mundane they see…to look back on in the future.
    Thanks for these ideas and the chance to win.

Erin S says:

I love the travel journals….if only I had the time to make one!!!! Love, love, love the Papertrey products.

Lisa K says:

I have never done a travel journal but this might inspire me to actually create one. It would be a new experience! Can’t wait to see all of the ideas.

Emma S. says:

I never thought about the travels journals because I never go anywhere… But now that I see these applications and ideas, I may give it a try!

Kim Badelt says:

I love the idea of a travellers journal, and know they would be treasured, but struggle with the time management. I like how Heather used her stamps to establish a basic structure such a great way to simply the creative process!

Helen F. says:

I do not currently own any of the Traveler’s Journal products, but I always LOVE the ideas from Heather and look forward to the new designers for even more creativity.
    I have a ton of photos from when my husband and I traveled the last several years of his life and would love to put together a journal to pass on to my step daughters and the grand-kids so they will have some treasured memories of their Dad and Grandpa.

Marlee S. says:

Wonderful travel journal ideas! Looking forward to seeing more this year!

Sharon D says:

I don’t do travelers’ journals, but I’m sure I’ll find inspiration for my cards anyway! Lots of new changes on the blog roll–I’m glad you’ve identified everyone’s roles the way you have.

Lisa R. says:

I travel quite a bit and look forward to this feature every month.

laura mm says:

These are lovely! Thanks for sharing πŸ™‚
    I’ve been wanting to jump on the travelers notebook wagon, but have been biding my time for the perfect notebook πŸ˜‰ Until then, I’m currently working on a smaller scale project life (simple stories).

StephClapper says:

I’ve been writing in journals for over 20 years. With so many different ideas from the team at Papertrey, maybe it’s time to get serious about keeping journals in a more memorable and ORGANIZED fashion. Thank you for the wonderful inspiration!

merryf says:

I love love love that new Dates stamp set! These Traveler’s Journals are so sweet, and I’m now starting to think out-of-the-box on ways to use it. Having Heather do a feature once a month is a great idea!

Rema DeLeeuw says:

Love the idea of small scale journaling!

Laraine R says:

I haven’t done any as of yet but I could see doing this for my grandkids! A smaller scale maybe it would get done!! Thanks for the inspiration!

Lori Cullen says:

I haven’t thought of making a traveler’s journal but your projects make it look so tempting.

Barbara Martin says:

I have not purchased any Traveler’s Journal products. I do think that the small size is much less intimidating and I like the idea of focusing on one event or trip to journal about. I may have to give this a try – –

Susan says:

Love the idea of much smaller scale scrapbooking – rather than a huge page. Thanks for the inspiration.

Mary-Anne V. says:

I do not have any of these products and eventhough the projects were wonderful I can not see myself scrapbooking this way.

LR says:

I don’t have any of the Traveler’s Journal products, but like the ideas I saw today from Heather and Stephanie. I like the idea of making small scrapbooks of special moments each month. Looking forward to seeing more ideas.

Deborah Rosenow says:

I love my PTI travelers notebook set…..never thought about using them to document one for each month of the year…..I am all over that idea and running back to my journal stash. PTI happy tenth birthday!

Pai says:

don’t have any of the products. i used storebought journals for my journalling but these products can be used on cards too!

I’m so excited about your first Traveler’s Notebook post, Heather! I just love your February Notebook. The new stamps add such a great vintage flavor, especially when paired with kraft cardstock. Love, love, love the look! I always love your style! It’s wonderful that your family’s busy month is documented and preserved in this special way. Our stories are so important! β™‘

Jennifer says:

I have not gotten into the whole Traveler’s Journal thing yet but if anyone can entice me, it’s Heather for sure!!

Kim Heggins says:

Fabulous….I have been scrapbooking forever and love doing travel books for trips we take. I don’t own any of these products but love how they were used.

Dee says:

Looking forward to seeing where this goes. I am not one to keep a journal at present but things could always change.;)

Monika Davis says:

These are fantastic. Love the size and how compact it is. I am not a scraper so I haven’t really made any journals and/or books… I’ve tried a number of times, but never finished any… but I love looking at them! πŸ™‚

Joyce M. says:

This is such an interesting new feature. I have never considered making a travel journal before, although it seems like I am always traveling. I am looking forward to being inspired in new ways.

Teddra says:

The only Travelers Journal products I have are the papers, which I’m planning to use to make a mini scrapbook for my parents to document the river cruise they took last fall in Europe for their 50th Anniversary.

I’m still using the Monthly Moments products to make a scrapbook layout each month and like that the two lines can be used together.

Cynthia says:

Very nice! This is good inspiration, I have been wanting to get back into scrapbooking … I have a LOT of photos I’d like to be able to access.

Nadia K says:

I managed to get the Traveler’s Journal Kit and I’m inspired to document my children’s daycare adventures. Something happens every week for them to participate in and the small format is great for those stories.

Kathy J in Ellicott City says:

I don’t keep a travel journal, but it sounds like a wonderful idea!

I do not have any of the Travelers Journal products at this time, but they are awesome stamp sets.

Sandy W, says:

I like the idea of a Traveler’s journal and look forward to seeing all of the ideas. I made a small journal book this last year for a 90th birthday and had fun putting it together.

Heather says:

I don’t currently own any of these items. It’s an interesting idea though.

Janet Mack says:

I have never been a scrapbooker but I could do this small scale. I think I would use it more like a diary/journal idea. I am excited about these new monthly posts.

Terri E. says:

I really enjoy the project life style scrapbooking. I haven’t purchased any of the traveler’s journaling products, but we are doing a big road trip vacation, so you never know.

Leigh Penner says:

I miss scrapbooking. There’s just not enough time to do everything I’d like to do…

BarbaraB says:

I don’t have any of the products yet. I am interested in the initial collection but it has been out of stock. I think they could be used for mini scrapbooks!

Mimi R says:

I don’t do travel journal – it’s more like writing on a sheet of paper so that eventually I can put it in a scrapbook. My husband on the other hand writes everything’s down on a journal and carries one around with him wherever we go.

Cindy C says:

I would love to do a traveler’s journal. So many great memories to keep track of on vacation!

Sherrie M. says:

I don’t journal or scrapbook on this small scale but it is intriguing and seems less daunting than a 12×12 page. Love the idea of using these products for a themed album.

PT says:

I admit, I don’t own any travel journal products…I’ve never really though of buying them since I associate them with traveling and I don’t do much of that.

But I really like the idea of breaking it down into small mini scrapbooks, something that is for everyday, not just a trips. It would be interesting to try, and the beautiful products are most certainly inspirational!

jen shears says:

I do not own any of these products, but they are super fun!

Tammie Koehnen says:

I do own the travelers journal die set and I love it. I’ can’t wait to see a monthly addition using the travel journal set to give me more ideas on how to use it.

Rebecca F. says:

I love travel and photography. A large scrapbook intimidates me, but I like the idea of a small travel journal! Looking forward to seeing more!

Susan Nichols says:

I don’t do a lot of travelling, BUT, I do love mini albums. I can see using the traveler’s journal for other memory keeping. That being said, my brother is a huge road trip guy. I think I might put something together for him. Thanks for the inspiration!

Lori Lehanne says:

I really love the traveler’s journal set. I’m so very excited to get more inspiration for them!!!

Jennifer T says:

I do not own any of the Travelers Journal sets but it sure does look like a fun way to document life and all its adventures!

LaFaunB says:

I have some of the PTI journal products, but I haven’t used a traveler’s journal yet. The idea is growing on me.

Fun ideas today!

Belinda L says:

I don’t tend to do traveler’s journals but I do make a mini travel scrapbook for each trip — so this is right up my alley! Thanks for all the inspiration and tips.

Mary M says:

I like how these stamps could be used in project life.

Katherine says:

This set is such a great foundation piece for any journal. Travelers, artists or everyday, this date set will fit so many styles, so well.

Annette says:

I don’t do any journaling, but rather take photos throughout the year, which I then use to make a photobook. The grandparents also get a copy, so it’s more convenient to have the books printed than scrapbooking. And even getting the book together usually turns out to be a mad scramble just before Christmas. But I enjoyed looking at your examples!

Manda says:

I love the idea of journals but I need more space to keep the finished ones in! I just like to document the day-to-day stuff which can easily get forgotten but is just as important and the big occasions.

Terri W says:

I don’t have a travel journal but just love this idea. I take a trip each year with my son who is all grown up. We go to really cool places that would be great to document.

Aunt Min says:

I don’t have any Traveler’s Journal products. I think it would be fun to make an “Animal Journal” for my grandson. I would like ideas about how to make it ahead of time, with little check boxes and spaces for photos. That way way we can take it with us to the zoo, so when we ‘find” the animal, we can check off that page, and post a photo later. Or have a space for him to “draw” the animal he saw.

carol says:

Your traveler’s journals intrigue me. The appeal: an opportunity to journal the ‘little’ trips my husband and I take that always have something wonderfully unexpected happen. Looking forward to seeing more in this series!
    ~carol

Penny J says:

I take TONS of pictures but cannot seem to get anything else accomplished with them! Hoping Heather’s new monthly posts will help motivate me in the right direction.

jan metcalf says:

I would like to make small sketch or note journals for friend gifts and my granddaughters. My take is to personalize the covers, maybe 6 x 8 size and put either lined or art papers inside, perhaps stamping or altering a few pages randomly for inspiration! Each unique! A basic die set would be perfect to get started!! Maybe tie the pages together?

Felicia says:

This is a great way to journal. I don’t travel much, but this is something to try for the trips I have done.

Lindsey L says:

Love this new stamp set. This smaller scale absolutely appeals…the simpler the better. Fabulous projects today!

LeeAnne says:

What a fun post and just in time for me to start planning on documenting our summer travels!

Patty says:

Cute journal ideas, though I don’t get to travel much these days.

Krissie says:

Adorable gifts these might make as well for someone who is about to go on a trip.

Ann says:

I haven’t made any of these types of journals before but may want to try one in the future. So much wonderful inspiration.

Pat from sd says:

Lovely keepsakes. I may try making one soon.

Jen Carter says:

I think I would document my kids’ experiences at Bible camp. I know what an important time in my life that was for me and I wish I had written down in more detail what I learned while I was there. It would be neat for them to have something to do that for themselves.

Lorie Bohnstedt says:

These travel journals look so fun. I like the idea of making a journal ahead of your trip and then pasting things in as you go.

Marcia Hill says:

I love looking at these journals, and one of these days I’m going to attempt making one myself! I think because I don’t print my pictures anymore (they’re all on my phone!), I don’t have any handy to do projects with. Need to change that!!

Sarosa says:

I used to love to make photo cards, but our current printer is absolutely terrible. Hope I can manage to find an older picture not yet “converted.” I make journals too, but not with photos. Fun to see the ideas!

Nora says:

This is so unique!! I love this traveler’s journal idea. We take road trips every year and what a fun way to document our trips. I wish I had this when my daughter was younger because it would be so much fun to have had her document it from her point of view!!

Cindy says:

Love the stamps! That should make my journaling life a lot easier! And these projects make me want to get back to making my mini-albums…at least that’s my take on the project! Next week is Spring Break, and my super secret plan is to craft every single day!

Oliverw says:

Journal in is not something that I have ever done. It just reminds me that I have terrible handwriting! I do still enjoy looking at other people’s projects.

MaryB says:

I don’t currently own any of the Traveler’s Journal items, but do love to look at the creative projects. Thanks for the chance to win a prize in this fantastic anniversary celebration!

Sharon J says:

I love journalling our travels. The idea of pairing that with my of stamping sounds amazing! Can’t wait to see more of these products.

Betty N says:

I don’t own any traveler’s journal products- maybe one day. Thank you for the ideas!

I love the idea of small scale memory keeping. I don’t have any of these products yet but I hope to soon.

Michelle Laulu says:

I love travel journals! I need to travel more so I can make more cute journals full of memories!

Tanja S. says:

I like traveler’s journals for short holidays. I tend to just scribble down the days events in a note pack, save tickets, brochures etc from the sights and construct a mini scrapbook when I get home. Maybe I will try to do one along the way, or at least some journal cards that can be added to an album once my photos are printed.

Some great ideas here. Maybe I will finally start keeping a Travel journal instead of just saying I’ll do it…

Caitlin says:

This is a great spotlight on Traveler’s Journal. I don’t have one but I’m thinking this would be a great way of scrapbooking.

Jen W says:

Totally love the idea of traveler’s journals. I’ve saved boxes and boxes of stuff from many vacations. Now time to organize and display.

Janis in ID says:

The small-scale seems more approachable. I haven’t ever tried a traveler’s journal.
    <3 J

jwoolbright at gmail dot com
    HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

Caitlin Rebecca says:

I make travel journals for our trips and love to look at them and reminisce about our wonderful time!!!

Lori B says:

I loved all the inspiration shared today. I currently do not do this type of journal, but that may change. I like this smaller journal style.

Anna says:

Even a small bit of journaling and scrapping per month without it being so overwhelming to fill up a large album. How neat is this?!

Linda F says:

I really love looking at others travel journals and think the idea is great. When I start out on a journey, I do start journalling but I find quickly that I get quite busy and sometimes find it hard to find time to put down thoughts and experiences. I should record video or type notes into my phone for putting together at a later date.

Dawn W. says:

Love having a peek into these adorable little travelers journals! So sweet!

Ruth Gauss says:

I love scrapbooking and traveling and the idea of a travel journal has always been one that interests me. I hadn’t really given much thought to creating a mini book for other subjects.

I am definitely inspired by Heather and Stephanie’s projects and will be giving some serious thought into how I could do something similar!

Lizzie T says:

Great ideas! I love the small scale – so much more doable that a 12×12 scrapbook!

Lisa Dolson says:

I love the mini journal concept and how Heather has designed hers! I also like her plan for a monthly mini journal to incorporate an entire year of memories in one compact, sweet album!

Pam Hollie says:

Love the Traveler’s Journal idea. I haven’t used it but considering after seeing the wonderful ideas. Really nice projects, good job girls.

D.Ann C says:

What I like about these little journals is that they are handy to tuck in your purse to write on/doodle in on the go! I’d love to see more tips on doing some mixed-media pages. I’m loving the variety of new posts you’re planning on adding as regulars. I hope you will have a tab or side button where we could easily scroll through one type of post at a time… Like all the Traveler’s Journal posts, Wrapping posts, etc… just sayin’. : )

Patt H. says:

I keep a log of our travels in a big notebook & write while we are driving down the road so it is a bit messy. I think these awesome stamps, etc. would be a great incentive to keeping a nicer journal. I have 25 yrs of road trips so don’t know if I would redo those but can start working on a nice one this year!

Cindy Hanson says:

I love journalling during my travels, and I try to scrapbook afterwards. The products are lovely and inspiring!

Ruth L says:

Loved Heather’s Monthly Moments, so I know I will love the Traveler’s Journal too.

Cindy Beach says:

Lovely projects, ladies! I love the idea that the traveler’s journal could also be used for other themes. Look forward to your feature each month!

Helen LeBrett says:

Gorgeous!! It’s no wonder that you are celebrating 10 years!! Your products always blow me out of the water with how stunning they are!! Keep up the good work!!

Kristie H says:

I’ve done travel journels when I traveled on my own but haven’t now that I’m married and have kids….not a chance when it’s hard enough just keeping up with them much less writing anything down on paper.

Dasha says:

I will defenetly try this out!!! Thanks for the chance to win 😊

I’m looking forward to seeing all the ways I can include some scrapbooking into my PTI fun!!

Rebecca B. from FL says:

I love this small scale journaling! I’m excited for the new products this year.

Nancy G says:

This might just be my favorite! Heather I can’t wait to see more on this!!!

Sheri Elmont says:

I started out as a scrapbooker and all those beautiful and fun stamps have distracted me. I’ll have the check out Heather’s line, because knowing her they can be used for both.

I love the new stamps for the traveler journal. My SIL just made me a gratitude journal using the PTI gratitude stamp set and I can see how the stamps will make it easy to add fun stamping with my gratitude journal!

Olga V says:

I don’t own any of the Traveler’s Journal products, but I’d love to try them out one day! I started as a scrapbooker over a decade ago, and scrapbooks still appeal to me, I’m just finding it hard to find time to do them… Small-scale might be the solution! Thank you for inspiration!

Michelle Benoit says:

I am intrigued by the Traveler’s Journal! I’ll be trying this. Thanks for the inspiration!

Heather says:

I do not keep a traveler’s journal but kick myself for not everytime I see a new project by Heather. Congrats to the new team members! I look forward to your creations.

Amy Klin says:

Love the journal ideas, but don’t yet have any Traveler’s Journal products.

Janet W says:

I always enjoy seeing Heather’s travel journals and keep thinking I should try making one myself – maybe this will be the year! Would love to try out some of the fantastic journal products you’ve come up with!

Shelley G says:

I have a dear friend that is a mad journaler…it might be rubbing off on me! She is always working on something new, things as a cardmaker I’ve never seen before.

Jennifer L. says:

I have never been a scrapbooker or journalist, but I certainly enjoy looking the beautiful work of others.

Elizabeth Marie says:

I haven’t journaled in a long time but I’d be willing to try again if it meant getting these cute accessories!

Marilyn in Michigan says:

I don’t have a travel journal. But Heather’s projects are always lovely.

This looks like such a cool idea! I love to collect bits of ephemera, this could give me somewhere to put it!

Josiane says:

I currently don’t own any of the Traveler’s Journal products. I haven’t scrapbooked with real supplies in years and years. I love to travel so I would scrapbook our travels.

Happy 10th anniversary, PTI! Here’s to many more…!

I’m so happy that we’ll be seeing more about Traveler’s Journal, it’s one of my favorite kits. I’ve wanted to use these little journals for our trips to our lake cabin up north, but unfortunately we haven’t been able to visit in a couple of years, so the empty journals just sit waiting. I think this will be the year I get to fill them up though!