Celebrating the Past, Present and Future: 2014

2014

Today we are diving into the year 2014!

IMG_2244

It wasn't a human who made the giant step for mankind this year but a spacecraft that achieved the previously impossible task of landing on a moving comet with the help of the European Space Agency.

IMG_2245

Host Ellen Degeneres' impromptu selfie at the Oscars with stars Jennifer Lawrence, Brad Pitt, Bradley Cooper, Meryl Streep and Kevin Spacey set a record for Twitter retweets.

IMG_2246

The prospect of a 747 plane filled with passengers disappearing from the sky seemed like a fictitious plotline from a television show until March 8 when a Malaysian Airlines flight from Kuala Lumpur destined for Beijing vanished. No crash site, debris or sign of any of the 239 missing people on board have ever been found and the search continues to this day.

2014lifeisbeautiful

2833

Life is Beautiful - These bold butterflies will soon become some of your favorite images to work with. The main butterflies have detailed openings allowing them to be used alone. For extra pizazz you can add a second layer of color with the coordinating accent stamp. Since the butterflies are so bold, you can use them for all sorts of wonderful techniques! Build your own customized sentiments with the various elements included as well!

Title-template

Life Is Beautiful - Betsy

CLICK HERE to see more of this project from Betsy Veldman.

Life Is Beautiful - Laurie

CLICK HERE to see more of this project from Laurie Willison.

Life Is Beautiful - Nichole

CLICK HERE to see more of this project from me.

Life Is Beautiful - Laura

CLICK HERE to see more of this project from Laura Bassen.

Life Is Beautiful - Heather

CLICK HERE to see more of this project from Heather Nichols.

Life Is Beautiful - Melissa

CLICK HERE to see more of this project from Melissa Phillips.

Life Is Beautiful - Dawn

CLICK HERE to see more of this project from Dawn McVey.

Life Is Beautiful - Ashley

CLICK HERE to see more of this project from Ashley Newell.

Present

2014-beautiful-life-dtl

Betsy says, "In my mind, the Life is Beautiful set was an instant classic.  I always love butterfly images, and the big, beautiful ones in this set are definitely some of my favorites.  I've used this set SO many times since it was released, and was thrilled to get the chance to pull it out again for today's project!"

CLICK HERE to see more from Betsy Veldman

2014embellishedelegance

2801

Embellished Elegance is a gorgeous set that can be exactly what you make it, simple or even ornate; it's all about how many pieces you decide to mix together. The large "happy" can be kept simple by die-cutting it and cutting off the leafed tails. You may choose to embellish it with lots of different combinations of flowers and blooms. The other main vine elements can be used in a variety of ways as well. You can add one as an accent just above a sentiment, or build a full frame above and below your chosen phrase. The vines that are broken into two pieces can also be used as decorative corners. So many options with this amazing set!

Title-template

Embellished Elegance - Heather

CLICK HERE to see more of this project from Heather Nichols.

Embellished Elegance - Laura

CLICK HERE to see more of this project from Laura Bassen.

Embellished Elegance - Michelle

CLICK HERE to see more of this project from Michelle Leone.

Embellished Elegance - Danielle

CLICK HERE to see more of this project from Danielle Flanders.

Embellished Elegance - Melissa

CLICK HERE to see more of this project from Melissa Phillips.

Embellished Elegance - Nichole

CLICK HERE to see more of this project from me.

Embellished Elegance - Kay

CLICK HERE to see more of this project from Kay Miller.

Present

KT_Feb18_01

Keeway says, "I just adore the little details of this happy sentiment and all the floral and leaf accessories this set has to build a beautiful bouquet or wreath."

CLICK HERE to see more from Keeway Tsao

2014textblockbirthday

Ptd-0533

Text Block: Birthday die is one in a series of gorgeously detailed text dies, each one featuring a different phrase or sentiment.  They cover a wide variety of occasions and because of their larger size, they make creating quick-but-cute cards a cinch!

Title-template

Text Block Birthday - Laura

CLICK HERE to see more of this project from Laura Bassen.

Text Block Birthday - Laura 2

CLICK HERE to see more of this project from Laura Bassen.

Text Block Birthday - Lizzie

CLICK HERE to see more of this project from Lizzie Jones.

Text Block Birthday - Lizzie 2

CLICK HERE to see more of this project from Lizzie Jones.

Text Block Birthday - Debbie

CLICK HERE to see more of this project from Debbie Olson.

Text Block Birthday - Nichole

CLICK HERE to see more of this project from me.

Present

10th Anniversary - Text Block Birthday Card

Lizzie says, "The Text Block: Birthday was my first in the series, so it holds a special place in my heart. I loved how quickly I could create cards with a simple die cut! If you're anything like me, sometimes you unexpectedly need a card in a jiffy. These dies were a game changer for creating something fast, but still handmade and special."

CLICK HERE to see more from Lizzie Jones

2014leaveitbe

2781

Leave It Be is a gorgeous leaf stamp set featuring a wide variety of leaves that are so versatile, you’re sure to fall in love! Many of the leaves have a two-step stamping option, allowing you to add lovely details and an additional pop of color. These leaves can be used alone or paired with just about any flower image or die you may already have in your collection! Use one leaf, or cluster them all together, for a really gorgeous effect! This timeless classic is sure to be your new go-to leaf stamp set!

Title-template

Leave It Be - Dawn

CLICK HERE to see more of this project from Dawn McVey.

Leave It Be - Dawn 2

CLICK HERE to see more of this project from Dawn McVey.

Leave It Be - Nichole

CLICK HERE to see more of this project from me.

Leave It Be - Betsy

CLICK HERE to see more of this project from Betsy Veldman.

Leave It Be - Heather

CLICK HERE to see more of this project from Heather Nichols.

Leave It Be - Lizzie

CLICK HERE to see more of this project from Lizzie Jones.

Leave It Be - Cristina

CLICK HERE to see more of this project from Cristina Kowalczyk.

Present

IMG_7001

Michelle says, "Leave It Be is a beautiful stamp set that can stand on it’s own OR in combination with so many of the Papertrey florals! And the two step option adds that little something extra. I fell in love with this set when I saw the crisp and clean projects that the DT had created, but knew that there were so many more possibilities!"

CLICK HERE to see more from Michelle Leone

2014featherfinery

2767

Feather Finery - Take this stylish feather set from classic to modern with the simple two-step stamping options available. Just use the graceful feathers as is for a simple, timeless design. Or add the dotted layer for a trendy take on this popular design element. The sentiments are a great complement to the images and say just the right thing.

Title-template

Feather Finery - Danielle

CLICK HERE to see more of this project from Danielle Flanders.

Feather Finery - Betsy

CLICK HERE to see more of this project from Betsy Veldman.

Feather Finery - Maile

CLICK HERE to see more of this project from Maile Belles.

Feather Finery - Melissa

CLICK HERE to see more of this project from Melissa Phillips.

Feather Finery - Heather

CLICK HERE to see more of this project from customer, Heather.

Feather Finery - Dawn

CLICK HERE to see more of this project from Dawn McVey.

Feather Finery - Nichole

CLICK HERE to see more of this project from me.

Feather Finery - Chupa

CLICK HERE to see more of this project from customer, Chupa.

Present

IMG_2254

Melissa says, "Feather Finery is one of the most elegant stamp sets I know of. I love the simplicity of this set and how easily creations come together, just because of its simple elegance. From watercoloring, to heat embossing, to bright, bold, and trendy, this set is timelessly perfect for any style and technique you love."

CLICK HERE to see more from Melissa Phillips

Present

IMG_2255

Lexi says, " With eight Pieces of Confetti sets released in 2014, it was really hard to choose a single favorite, but Give Me a Hand is definitely up there. I continue to reach for it often to create a variety of cards! Another major stand out this year would have to be participating in Stamp-a-faire and creating the 1980s mini kit. So for today’s card, I decided to partner a couple of fun elements from that kit with Give Me a Hand for a fun teen card. Come check it out!"

CLICK HERE to see more from Lexi Daly

Future

Now it's time for the future of these sets, which is all up to YOU!

-Do you already own any of the five sets that were highlighted today? Time to dust them off and make an all new project using it!

-Don't own any of today's showcased sets? Draw inspiration from any of the projects highlighted in todays' post and adapt a Papertrey set that you already own.

-Share your new project with us in the Inlinkz list below and you will have a chance to win a $25 gift certificate! Only one project entry per person please.

For an alternate/additional way to win, leave us a comment letting us know what your favorite 2014 Papertrey stamp set is and why. It can be one of the sets shown today, or you can check out the "Stamps by Release" section of our store HERE. We will randomly select a winner from the comments for an additional $25 gift certificate.

-You have until 7am ET, February 21st to add your project and/or comment. Winners will be selected that morning and posted on a special "Celebrating the Past, Present & Future: Winners" post the next morning, 7am ET, February 22nd. We can't wait to see your projects!

There were a lot of great stamp sets in 2014 but my favourite is Doodlie Do. I have used it over and over…just love it.

Terri E. says:

2014 had a bunch of great ones but doodlie do was really fantastic. Ombre builders was a great one as well, but I forget to bust that beauty out as much as I should.

Lisa V. says:

A favorite of mine from 2014 is Hippity Hoppity. I love the sweet little bunny and chick images.

janet GOSHORN says:

So many great sets in 2014 but I do love the Feather Finery best I think. Loved the samples shown today

Isabel Z says:

A favorite of mine is Desktop Design, because I can change the sentiment in the sheet of paper, I love the little accessories that sit on the desk, and I use it every year to create stationary for my kids’ teachers during Teacher Appreciation Week.

Terri W says:

This was the year that I really started to purchase stamp/die sets every month. I have several of the sets featured today but the one I reach for the most is Embellished Elegance. The different fonts of all the different words is what makes it one of my favorites!

Linda R. says:

The Botanical Blocks Stamps Sets my favorites for 2104. They make such beautiful cards!

Amanda says:

Doodlie-Do is my favorite from 2014. I would still love a second edition of this one. I love the flowers and how fun they are; perfect for all ages and all occasions.

In 2014, I was all about Christmas and kits…I loved O’Tannenbaum, and of course the Shakers & Sprinkles and Tinsel and Tags Make it Market Kits!

Sherrie M. says:

2014 brought me Friendly Flowers which is the modern, clean flower I’m always drawn to.

jan metcalf says:

Wet Paint and Journal cards!! Had so much fun with those and still use the Wet Paint dies over and over again! However 2014 was a great PTI year… Hugs, Butterflies, Give a Hand, Embellished Elegance, Shakers and Sprinkles, the ballerina … so much to love! I just added a couple to my wish list!

MaryAnn N says:

Monthly moments especially may and December ar my favourites

sallie says:

Feather Finery is one of my all-time favorite Papertrey Ink sets. It’s hard to make a bad card with it and it seems to fit a wide variety of occasions. LOVE LOVE LOVE it!

Shelly says:

I love life is beautiful! Those butterflies are gorgeous and great for many techniques!

Leigh Penner says:

For me, it’s a tie between Feather Finery and Summer Sweetness. They are both so fun to use!

Dee says:

I like Feather Finery. Love the cards made using it.

Heidi says:

Embellished Elegance is my favorite. I love that it has so many elements. When my card is finished, but needs just one more little thing, I’ll turn to this set to add a little leaf cluster or flower to fill in the space. Really versatile!

Danielle Dietz says:

I love the Life is Beautiful set. I think butterflys can be bold, fun and playful or they can be super elegant on cards as well. πŸ™‚

Janis in ID says:

Wow…..Gorgeous sets and cards by the designers!! Awesome. I can’t choose a fave because I adore leaves and flourishes of leaves. I am going to choose Embellished Elegance as my fave….but Leave it Be is a very close second!!
    <3 J

jwoolbright at gmail dot com
    HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

Super hard to a choose a favorite this year, but I have to go with Embellished Elegance as I’ve reached for this set many times this winter. I’ve had it since 2014 and it continues to be so beautiful and usable.

Linda C says:

Hard to choose a favorite. Don’t have the featured sets but a couple of them are on my wish list. Love the kits from that year as well.

Cindy Otto says:

I think my favorite set from 2014 has to be “Doodlie Do”. It is so fun you color and brightens any card or project

Donna M. says:

Lot of great sets in ’14… Guess my fav is Doodlie-do. It’s so versatile, easy to use. But a close 2nd is Life is Beautiful. Also O’Tannenbaum, Songbirds. So hard to pick!

Vicki A says:

I have most of the sets highlighted today, my favorite is Life is Beautiful. It is fun to see new ideas for cards and projects with the current sets!

annheidel says:

This is the first one where I don’t have any of the featured sets, although two of them have been on my wish list for ages. I love the Phrase Play series from this year! Also Wet Paint, of course. Big Hugs and Bowl of Sunshine are also top favorites. And who can forget Tinsel & Tags? Love that kit!

I actually have two for this year that I really like … Feather Finery and Life is Beautiful!! I have always loved butterflies so I can never get enough of them and as for the feathers they are so gorgeous and the sentiments are very lovely!!

Another great look back, I love that my pinterest Papertrey Love board has lots of new things in it this week, bececause of this look back .

Liz mcallister says:

Love life is beautiful. One of the first prize sets I purchased

S. Molinari says:

I love Feather Finery, I really do. But, my favorite was Tick Tock. Because, in the end, I love unique stamps that no one else has done. And the cukoo clock is adorable!

Noelle says:

The year I found PTI! I instantly was an addicted fan. I had no clue how far stamps had come since the ‘big catalogs of wood block stamps’ days. Summer Sweetness was my first set! I have quite a few 2014 sets a lot of them still on my with list!

Amy Cooley says:

I really love the graphic birthday sentiment die and the beautiful butterflies!

Congratulations on your anniversary!
    I have enjoyed your blog for many years and have enjoyed and been inspired through many posts.
    Have a FUNN celebration.

Marianne says:

I love the delicacy of the feather set. Makes me wish I owned it.

Laraine R says:

Life is beautiful is a favorite of mine. Along with the text block birthday-I love making shaker cards with this one. Big hugs is another favorite. I have lots from this year!

Carmela Hubler says:

Love the Feather Finery and the Birthday Die Cut. Those are two sets I would love to add to my collection. Such gorgeous products!

Victoria h says:

Sparkle and shine- so happy Betsy started designing.

Jennifer says:

I just got Feather Finery this past year and I still haven’t broken out those Feathers but I always love everything I see made with it so this is my favorite.

betty lou says:

With two granddaughters, my favorite set is Ballerina Beauty! I’ve made birthday cards and cards for dance recitals with this sweet set!

Life is Beautiful is filled with the loveliest sentiments and butterflies! Feather Finery is both beautiful and so versatile. It is so meaningful for nature lovers and perfect for both masculine and feminine cards. I adore both of these timeless sets! β™‘

Debs says:

March 2014: Phrase Play 2 is my favorite. I love all the Phrase Play sets for cards that layer quickly and have room for lots of color and sentiments.

Lori Cullen says:

I love Pack Your Bags. The suitcases are so cute and there are some unique sentiments.

Kristina says:

I LOVE embellished elegance! And Life is Beautiful. One stamp set I need is feather finery. I don’t remember it’s release but I love every single project shown on here today. Stunning!

Leslie S. says:

This is a hard to pick a favorite. There were so many great sets released. I love, and own, all of the ones you have showcased. I would have to say Life is Beautiful is my favorite. It’s definitely the most used.

Katherine says:

Life is beautiful is a favorite but I really loved the whole text block series.

Julia Aston says:

I have the text block birthday die from today’s review. I also love the Wet Paint set – and Sweet Cheeks – it makes great baby cards with the animal heads on the safety pins! Too cute!

Nancy Penir says:

After seeing today’s celebration and inspiration from the designers, I want to bring out and give love to each of these timeless stamp sets! As always, the hardest is to choose which one. They’re all favorites. Feather Finery? But it’s a close one today! Another great year at Paptertrey!

Bobby says:

I need to pull out my Beautiful Butterflies again. The DT cards were so inspiring.

Steph M says:

Lots of lovely cards.

Regarding MH370, there has been debris found in at least 3 places which has been confirmed as being part of the missing plane. Just a shame they can’t tell us where the plane actually is!!

Cindy H. says:

I love the elegance and simplicity of the Botanical Blocks series! I use them for many different occasions but especially for Thinking of You and Sympathy cards. There were so many wonderful stamp and die sets that I bought in 2014 and wish I could list them all here.

JanetB says:

There are so many great sets from 2014, the Wet Paint series, Phrase Play, Monthly Moments, Doodlie-do,I could go on and on. I have gathered most of the showcased sets over the past couple of years, I guess I would have to say Life is Beautiful is my favorite.

Penny P. says:

Tinsel and tags was my favorite, I made so many gifts using it that year!

Bowl of Sunshine is my favorite of the stamps released in 2014. I love the vintage style of it.

Tinsel & Tags was, of course, a winner as well, but that’s officially a kit, and not just a stamp set.

Karen

DIANA L. says:

There are so many I would love to have. I think I will need a warehouse pretty soon.
    Great inspiration thank you for such a wonderful site.

marcy says:

The Life Is Beautiful set is gorgeous still. The butterflies are some of the best around.

Becky Green says:

THANK YOU KINDLY is my favorite for 2014! The set gives you SO MANY WAYS to say, “Thank You!” I think Thank You cards are a MUST, it’s NICE to have so many ways to say it! πŸ˜‰

Dana Kirby says:

Life is Beautiful is a great set and the dies are some of my favorite!! Such a great year with so many amazing stamp sets released!!

Pmm says:

Every time I use Feather Finery I am amazed at its beauty and elegance- thank you for creating such a wonderful stamp set!

emma S. says:

LIfe is Beautiful is an all-time favorite. It is, as the title says, Beautiful… Thanks for the trip down Memory Lane, great idea.

Sharri Reeves says:

2014 was a very good year. I have all of the featured sets, plus many others. I have always loved the Phrase Play series, and the Love You to Pieces Valentines sets. Oh, and anything with flowers.

Kathryn A says:

I have many sets from this year, and they are all great! The butterflies from Life is Beautiful are classic and timeless, so I’d have to call this set my favourite.

Crisanne D. says:

I use my sets a lot for scrapbooks, so I love alphabet sets! Polka Dot Parade alphabet is such a fun one!

Carol Blaisdell says:

I love the fall, so Leave it Be is always a favorite, but Autumn Adornments is right behind!

Vikki H says:

I have three of these sets and your post today reminds me to get them out more often. I love Life is Beautiful not only for the images but its amazing sentiments.

Carol Blaisdell says:

I’m always drawn to autumn, so Leave it Be is a favorite, followed closely by Autumn Adornments and Life is Beautiful.

Becca Yahrling says:

I am in love with Embellished Elegance! It is exactly what the name implies: elegant. I love the florals and how they can all be made into a wreath. Gorgeous!
    I also love the Tick Tock stamp set – love birds and love that cuckoo clock!

Life is Beautiful is a true classic stamp set, that always gets used at on my craft table.

Sharon J says:

Feather Finery was my favourite from this year for sure. Such an elegant take on that trend.

2014 was an AMAZING year! Life is Beautiful, Leave it Be and Birthday Text Block…I don’t own a set, mostly dies, that I use any more than Life is Beautiful, and I LOVE Leave it Be!!!

Martha says:

Polka Dots Basics III is my favorite 2014 stamp set. I reach for it often, because I love using dots.

My other 2014 favorites:
    -Garden Grace
    -Sweet Speech
    -Wet Paint

Teddra says:

Autumn Adornments is a beautiful set that can be used all year and Bowl of Sunshine is on my Wishlist

Peggy S says:

Very hard to choose only one favorite from this year. I’m going with Uncorked and matching dies. Makes great male or female birthday cards and of course works great with wine tag die. But I also love Book Club, Season’s Greetings, Hippity Hoppity, and the monthly Birthday and Keep it Simple sets.

Melissa Friedrich says:

Life is Beautiful is my absolute favorite from this year, and of all time I think! I love the build able sentiments, variety of fonts, gorgeous butterflies and their little detail stamps.

Natalie Winterstein says:

Ohh, so many great sets and projects again today! I really love Life is Beautiful! I need to pull that out and make some cards! πŸ™‚

Pat Whitley says:

Life is Beautiful is my 2nd favorite set EVER! Although, Lizzies Text Blocks are very close. They make such easy cards.

Vicki Finger says:

There are a few from this year still on my wishlist but I love Friendly Flowers for it’s versatility and the sentiments. “Just Because” and “You’ve Been On My Mind” are my most used sentiments. With the Happy Birthday in there as well, it’s a favorite!

Marianne M says:

Whew! I have several sets from 2014–my favorite? The Book Club stamps and bookmark dies! I’ve loved my projects/gifts I’ve made with these!

Karen B. says:

Life is Beautiful is my favorite. So many great sets released this year.

Beverly Perdue says:

2015 was a good year too. I have lots of stamp sets and dies from 2015. My favorite is the Wet Paint and the Friendly Flowers. I absolutely love flower sets.

karen h says:

Oh my, perusing the 2014 sets has me very worried about what will show up on the vault list this year. I don’t have many sets from 2014, but I have a ton of them on my wish list (the trouble with so many sets coming out each month is you never get back to the wish list). I chose the Wet Paint sentiment set as my favorite for this year. It is a unique font and a good size (not too big, not too small).

Kim Heggins says:

I love Life is Beautiful…those butterflies are stunning and create a elegant look to your cards.

Sue LD says:

I like the Words of Comfort set from 2014–perfect for our card making ministry.

Sheri Elmont says:

My all time favorite from 2014 was Big Hugs. Other favorites were Special Delivery, Wet Paint series, and Bowl of Sunshine. My favorite MIM kit, Sparkle and Shine was released that year also. Love that kit.

Diana K says:

My favourite for 2014 is O’Tannenbaum. It may just be my alltime favourite Christmas/winter set! My second choice is Garden Grace, which I only just acquired this year. It’s a beauty!

Emily M. says:

The Botanical Blocks sets are some of my all time favorite sets. They’re so so gorgeous, and sooo much fun to color. I hope PTI continues coming out with these beautiful line images for us to color!

Megan Carroll says:

I love Leave it Be from 2014!

Heather says:

I love that text block and the Feather Finery!

Sandy Dayhoff says:

It’s getting harder to choose because there are more and more sets! I chose Feather Finery today for my challenge. I loved all the examples as well. I will have to say that Dawn’s Bible journaling one is my most favorite, although I loved them all!

Kathy Mc says:

I have used Wet Paint over and over again, but I love the Life Is Beautiful butterflies. Oh so many fabulous sets in 2014 and love getting new ideas for using them with current techniques.

Judy Stiles says:

Text Box Birthday is still one of my favs! So easy to make a quick birthday card!

Linda Reilly says:

I have the Life is Beautiful set and still think it is one of the most beautiful butterfly sets available. The Make it Market kits that year were fantastic and I looked forward to each one. The mini sets from Keep it Simple were great too.

D.Ann C says:

Feather Finery is my fav. I don’t know what it is about feathers that makes them seem so elegant, but they capture my fancy. I love how light and airy – feathery! – your are!!

Katherine says:

Embellished Elegance is such a lovely and versatile set. For any floral lover, like me, it’s just perfect.

Mimi R says:

I have the text block Birthday and it is my favorite die from this year!

Greta H says:

I have several 2014 stamp sets & quite a few more on my wishlist. I think I’d say Friendly Flowers is my favorite, although I also use & love Wonderful Words: Friends.

Maureen P says:

Life is beautiful and Leave it Be are still in my studio and still well loved :). With spring coming up I’ll be using them more. Love the timeless images and sentiments.

Rachael Burdick says:

I love many sets from 2014, but my favorites are the Birthday Classics, Keep it Simple, and Wet Paint sets, plus Life is Beautiful.

Vicki Smith says:

Feather Finery is stunning and my favorite for 2014. It is so much fun to see the past and present card designs and how far card making has progressed.

Michele F says:

Who will ever forget Ellen’s selfie? Oh she is so fun … speaking of? I still wish I had your gorgeous feather in my stash! Would sure tickle my fancy …
    =]

Jayell says:

The Text Block series have been some of my favourite dies. I love this birthday one.

Kathy Krug says:

I had never heard of PTI until a friend of mine made a card with feather finery and I just had to have it. It is still one of my go to favorites.

Sharon D. says:

My favorite today is definitely the feather finery! It has been on my wishlist and after seeing all these beautiful examples I just might get it with my next purchase. It is so detailed, so lovely and you can give it so many different looks by using many different techniques!

Luanne Ford says:

Doodle Do is my favorite. But coming in close are Beautiful Butterflies, Songbirds and Friendly Flowers. So many wonderful sets this year!

Denise Bryant says:

My favorite set of 2014 is O’ Tannenbaum! Love the trees and sentiments in that beautiful set! Happy to see that it’s still available too!

Helen F. says:

My favorite stamp/dies from 2014 are “Song Birds”! I adore the birds, musical notes, flowers and leaves designs ~I’ve used this set 1-3 times each month since I got it! The images are beautiful and timeless for all Holiday or card-giving occasions…I just change the color combo πŸ™‚

Jeni says:

My favorite stamp set from 2014 Doodlie-Do. I have always loved to color & this set allows me to do just that. The possibilities are endless.

Joyce says:

I think feather finery is so pretty, but I think I’m putting embellished elegance on my wish list. So pretty!

Joyce says:

the SAF set this year, Fill with Hoy is totally my favorite from 2014. So pretty!

When I reviewed all the sets introduced in 2014, I found lots of faves, but the two I love the most are Song Birds and Doodlie Do. Must admit, however, that the Wet Paint sentiments get used over and over again, as well.

Rita Wright says:

I love the Big Hugs set and it’s one of the ones on my wishlist that I hope to get soon. 2014 was an awesome year!

Cyndie says:

So many great sets were introduced in 2014! I do own Life is Beautiful and love it, but my favorite from that year is O Tannenbaum. I did all 40 of my Christmas cards with it this year, as well as most of my tags (about another 40) and they came out great! I did dots of foil adhesive on top of one of the trees then pressed multicolor foil on them, and each dot looked like a different color glass ball.

Donna Gourley says:

Even though I have several of today’s sets, I think Life is beautiful is the one that has stood the test of time best for me. Love ‘Em all though.

Anne B says:

Lots of good sets in 2014 but my favourite was Life is Beautiful.

Noreen says:

My favorite stamp set from 2014 is the Tinsel and Tags Mini Stamp Set. I fell in love with that tiny house the moment I saw it!

Catherine Milne says:

The clear winner for 2014 for me is Botanical Blocks! They make such lovely cards every single time I use them.

Lorraine says:

I have Embellished Elegance, but have been on the fence about Text Block Birthday and Life is Beautiful. I think you may have sold me this time, LOL. My fav for 2014 is Uncorked!

LindaM says:

I’ve always loved the detail on the Feather Finery stamp set. It is also one that I own. I forgot all the wonderful design the team came up with this stamp set that had me purchase it way back when.

Annie D says:

I can’t choose just one: Fair Isle Motifs and Garden Grace tie!

Jen says:

I think Leave it Be is my favorite. I love the boldness and versatility of it. There are some beautiful projects made with it in this post!

Victoria Nelson says:

The Wet Paint series of stamps were among my favorites released in 2014. I liked the bold font of the key words and the simple, modern font of the accompanying sentiments.

Pam Hollie says:

I have Life is Beautiful and Feather Finery, they are both timeless classics that can be adapted for so many uses.

Linda E (uncbballfan) says:

Feather Finery and Big Hugs are my favorite sets from 2014. And Nichole’s card using Feather Finery and Perfect Pearls remains one of my all-time fave cards.

Donna Phelan says:

So many wonderful sets to choose from….BUT I have to go with your Uncorked sets, I loved them because our daughter got married in 2015 at a sweet little Vineyard here on Cape Cod and I made so many things for her shower and wedding with that awesome set, wine charm tags, escort cards, labels for jams and jellies…..oh it was so much fun, so much love!

Paula e. says:

SO many great stamp sets in 2014 that I reach for often…polka dots III (because you can’t have too many), wet paint, botanical blocks, love you to pieces, give me a hand, songbirds, friendly flowers…too many to list!

Life is Beautiful is one of my all time favorite. The elements of the wings give you so much to play with. It’s simply beautiful!

Imke Ludwig says:

One of my favorite Stamp Set from 2014 is “Wet Paint”. I totally like the handpaiting look.

Marcy says:

I happily own 4 out of 5 of the sets showcased today. I think I cannot narrow it down to a favorite set for 2014 but several. Life is Beautiful, Doodlie-Do and Desktop Design make the top of the list. So many excellent sets to choose from!

Debbie says:

Life is Beautiful is definitely at the top of my list but must admit I frequently reach back for Doodlie do.

super stick chick says:

My favorite set is the Embellished Elegance, as the stamps are designed to mix and match and create unique cards every time.

Rosemary D says:

Feather Finery is definitely one of my favorites from 2014. Love the beautiful images!

Keri says:

Cuppa Love is a favorite from 2014! There is something about that sweet mug that I adore. Turns out, I don’t use it nearly enough.

Joyce M. says:

I have all those sets, except for the feather. I think my favorite is Beautiful Butterflies. That set almost never leaves my desk.

Jill Norwood says:

For me… “Life is beautiful” and Feathered Finery are tied out of the sets featured. But I always have too many favorites each year! πŸ™‚

CFlood says:

So many great stamps to choose from, 2014 was a great year! I have to jump on the bandwagon with the doodlie-do very handy!!
    And thank you for reminding me!!

Sue McRae says:

I have a ton of faves for this year, starting with Wet Paint. A really fabulous font and I also like the Wet Paint Alphabet. Phrase Play #5 is greatfor so many occasions and perfect for shaker cards and I love the fun designs of the Ombre Builders set.

Connie G says:

Embellished Elegance has been on my wish list since it came out . I think the DT projects were just gorgeous. I must get this set! I also love the text block birthday and use it frequently.

Sandy C. says:

I liked all of the Phase Play sets that came out in 2014. I remember having a hard time narrowing down my selections. I also love Painted Poinsettias which I use a lot – and not just for Christmas.

Kim Badelt says:

Life is Beautiful was irresistible for me when it was released. I loved the bold yet detailed butterflies and it seems impossible to do anything but beautiful projects with it!

Dianne S says:

I love Embellished Elegance and Ombre Builders from 2014. Fortunate to have those sets, but I also love the Cat’s Meow mini stamp set, Autumn Adornments, Songbird, and Bowl of Sunshine from that year. There are so many favorites from 2014! Need to use those more. The Songbird banner die is a fave. Love the way it flows.

Jeanne H says:

Wish I’d gotten the Life is Beautiful stamps, but I do have the die collection and love it! Can’t wait for spring to come & inspire me to use them again. Wait…I can do a card now! :-)BTW, just used the birthday text block last week, but didn’t take a picture of the card!

erin says:

Love the doodle do stamp set.

Iris Shubert says:

Hi PTI, My favorite set and I have it, is “Songbirds” I just love it.

Colleen F says:

Beautiful Butterflies is one of my very favorite stamps…and I have all the stamps featured today. Yeah!!!

Sadie says:

I have the Feather Finery and think it’s one of the classiest stamps sets ever!! My favourite of the year.

Lisa P says:

Love the feathers-they would be so versatile for cards and also faith journals/nature journals.

Deborah Rosenow says:

Leave it Be is a great stamp set…actually any stamp set with leaves and I’m buying. Just attracted to leaves.

Crystal M. says:

Fair Isle Motifs… Oh My Goodness!! My favorite, hands down! Love love love it!!

LaFaunB says:

2014 Favorites: Life Is Beautiful, Feather Finery, and Leave It Be and many others!!

Leslie L. says:

Now I know why I am broke 2014 happened…just kidding. I stepped it up on purchasing stamps from 2014 releases. I love the Keep It Simple line; the sentiments are perfect basics. My other favorites from that year are Wet Paint, Thank You Kindly, Friendly Flowers and Ombre Builders.

Becs Attwood says:

My favorite release from 2014 is a tie between the original Wet Paint set & Wet Paint Holiday. These sets get a lot of use at my place as a gorgeous way to add sentiments with a real arty flair.

Natasha says:

I have so many favorites from 2014- several of which are featured here-
    Feather Finery, Leave It Be, Embellished Elegance, Life is Beautiful. This was also the year that brought the amazingness of the Wet Paint series! These sets all feel like such timeless classics. Love that about PTI. Even if something is trend inspired, it remains relevant due to its classic nature.

Cindy O says:

I don’t have any of the featured sets, but my favorite today is Feather Finery. Just a beautiful set with so many possibilities for color and technique.

Monika Davis says:

I love feather finery and life is beautiful. I am a butterfly girl so anything with butterflies will be my favorite. πŸ™‚ I also love the coordinating dies

AllysonA says:

My favorite set of images from 2014 is Doodlie-Do, but my favorite set for sentiments is Friendly Flowers. I am having so much fun seeing all the old and new design team samples!

Cheryl F. says:

I really, really like Bowl of Sunshine.

Sharon D says:

Some of my favorites from 2014 include Garden Grace, Topiary Trio, the Phrase Play series, the Wet Paint series, and the Keep It Simple series.

LeeAnne says:

I loved so many sets from 2014, but none of the ones I own are highlighted today! I loved Phrase Play series, Just Smile, Simply Framed, and Oopsie Daisy. Ready to get some sets out and work today!

Michelle Michael says:

Feathered Finery is such a delightful set – so versatile for so many occasions!

Barb says:

I love the Life is Beautiful as it can be solid or with openings in the wings and also doubled up for layering. It is a great stamp set with a lot of wonderful sentiments.

Janet Mack says:

Two of my favorites are showcased today Feather Finery and leave It Be. Another favorite is the Keep It Simple line. I have almost every one of the sets.

Jill A says:

I don’t own any of the stamps set showcased today but I do own a couple from 2014 and one favorite is Note Niblet and O’Tannenbaum

Cindy C says:

Leave it Be is stunning……I didn’t realize until I saw today’s projects. Wow!

Cindyblizzard@aol.vom says:

This one is where I own all the sets except the feathers but that may change I use these set always😊

katevdp says:

Such stunning cards featured on today’s list. Wow. It’s so beautiful to see them all together. My wish list is growing!

Jo R. says:

Ah, so many great sets were released that it’s so hard to choose just one… How about a top three? Uncorked for so many different occasions and works great for masculine cards, Embellished Elegance is just so versatile, and Polka Dot Basics III gets so much use it basically sits on my craft desk full time!

Adele Holcomb says:

Among my 2014 purchases were No Strings Attached and Simple Stars, which I use all the time. As a bonus, I get a lot of little stars to use in other projects!

lainey says:

My favorite for this year is the Wet Paint series!

Rita says:

Garden Grace is one of my favorites from 2014. Feather Finery is perfect for heat embossing and ink blended backgrounds. It’s a gorgeous set.

Kris says:

2014 was an impressive year. Gatsby Glamour was my favorite and one I reach for often. But who can forget Botanical Blocks, Wet Paint series and A Cheerful Heart?

Mutzy Mia says:

I have several of the featured sets today. I think a couple of my favorites from 2014 are Feathered Finery and the Wet Paint Stamp and die series. I’m really enjoying seeing all the cards created with these sets again. Thanks for all you work in putting this together each day.

Melissa S. says:

Yay, I have the Life is Beautiful dies and Feather Finery. Can’t wait to bust them out and enter the challenge. I really liked the Phrase Play sets and dies, Bowl of Sunshine, and Tinsel and Tags kit released this year.

Sandy W says:

My favorite set from 2014 is The Love you to pieces airplane. I stamped several of these for my grandsons to put together. I also like the Songbirds and have that set on my wish list along with some of the birthday classics.

LR says:

I have several favorites from 2014 that I still use quite often. They are Life is Beautiful, Uncorked, Pack Your Bags and Hugs. Thanks, Papertrey, for making so many innovative and fun sets for us to create with. Please keep them coming!

storymusicgirl says:

In 2014, I really liked Bowl of Sunshine, O’Tannenbaum, Songbirds!, and the Birthday Classics sets for each month.

Kari D says:

Ah, 2014 was a very good year! Wet Paint and Phrase Play got lots of my attention! Life is Beautiful is one of my favs. I am loving this walk thru PTI History…..and adding to my wish list!

Kara S says:

My favorite is the feathers finery

Linda Sodano says:

I have all the sets showcased today from 2014. Life is Beautiful is my favorite of these. I loved the pretty samples shown today.

Janet Sisk says:

I love the “Text Block Birthday”! I think I NEED it now. Thanks for a chance to win. πŸ˜€

Kathy W says:

Pom Pom Pals is a favorite of mine.

Oliverw says:

The best stamp set from 2014 is Words of Comfort. It just touches my heart to read the stamp “please know that you’re not alone”. It’s so easy to think when we’re going through a crisis that we are all by ourselves. It’s nice that a simple stamped sentiment can bring such comfort.

Sue in Grapevine says:

I love Life is Beautiful because with just a little coloring, it has made it easy to create a fabulous card.

Tanja S. says:

Feather Finery is my favourite among the sets featured today, it has lovely sentiments as well as stamps.

You’ve picked two of my favorites from this year! Feather finery and the embellished elegance!

see mary stamp says:

The Design Team definitely picked out some winners to highlight today. Life is Beautiful and Embellished Elegance are both gorgeous, but it was the Text Block dies that really grabbed my attention. There were so many wonderful sets this year. Other favorites included Doodlie Do, the Birthday Classics and Monthly Moments series, Botanical Blocks, O’ Tannenbaum, Songbirds and Big Hugs. Too hard to narrow down the list.

So many great set and I particularly love the feather finery!

Susan P says:

Love me some Beautiful Butterflies! That set is amazing!

Pai says:

i love wet paint. the fun font and useful sentiments!

Jan Pufall says:

Love my feathers. and Embillished elegance. I’m glad that you are not forgetting about the more contemporary stamps, as well.

Krillsister says:

It’s a toss between O’Tannenbaum and Embellished elegance.

Sherry G says:

My favorite set for 2014 is Embellished Elegance. There are so many ways to combine the elements, and they are all beautiful!

PT says:

2014 was one of my favorite PTI release years… It’s hard to pick only one, so I’ll just name three of my favorites: Botanical Blocks, Topiary Trio and The A-Mazing stamp sets. The matching dies for Topiary Trio and The A-Mazing stamp sets were just too creative for words! Love it!

Angela W says:

I would have to say that my favorite set from 2014 is Doodlie-do. It’s fun, versatile and I love the sentiments in the boxes!

Nancy Wilcox says:

Leave it Be is an awesome set.

Jen shears says:

So many great sets in 2014- botanical blocks are my favorite- still a go to for a beautiful card!

AngPearcy says:

Embellishwd Elegance is so beautiful! I had to put it on my wish list after I saw all these lovely cards!

Lauren Yo. says:

I love feather finery, such elegant feathers!

My favourite 2014 set is Life is Beautiful. I adore those giant double layer butterflies. It uplifts me to use them on a project and they always bring a smile to the recipient as well. A truly special set! πŸ™‚

Kristie H says:

There are so many great sets from 2014. Some of my favorites include Friendly Flowers, Botanical Blocks II, Uncorked, and Big Hugs.

Love, love love the Leave It Be set! The leaf shapes are so gorgeous and organic and I can think of a million things to do with this one set. It is just perfect for both bold and subtle designs and techniques!

Linda F says:

My favourite stamp set from 2014 is feather finery – it is still the prettiest feather stamp around.

Feather finery was one of the first stamps that I purchased form PTI. I loved it then and still do. I am always amazed at how the project turns out with the one.

Annette Snyder says:

I think that I would have to go with Leave it Be! I love this set.

DGolly says:

I love looking back at the beautiful creations everyone has made. Feather Finery is still one of my favorite stamp sets.

Terri (Blindstamper) says:

Life is Beautiful is one of my favorite sets. I love butterflies! I also love the dies that match this set.

Pat A. says:

My favorite of 2014 is Embellished Elegance. Such a classic and useful set!

Holly Saveur says:

My favorite set..Uncorked!!

Jill says:

2014 is the year I found PTI, by a most happy accident shopping for a set of number dies. This company’s products brought out a love of stamping that although I had dabbled before, I hadn’t ever had. Thanks Papertrey Ink! My favorite of this year, by far is Doodlie Do

Life is Beautiful is my favorite from 2014. It’s the most beautiful butterfly set in the history of butterfly sets!

Leanne S says:

I guess 2014 was the year I found PTI. I remember seeing some of these products released.

Stephanie says:

Life is Beautiful – I have always loved the butterflies you do

Mel H says:

Feather finery is hands down my favorite set.

Kathie B says:

So many great sets in 2014! Songbirds is a favorite of mine. It’s just so versatile and charming.

Cheryl I says:

I loved Garden Grace and Big Hugs. Such great stamp sets!

Miriam Prantner says:

Embellished Elegance is so pretty! Love that set!

Steffi H. says:

When I saw the Happy Birthday Text Block for the first time, I knew I have to own it. Ans IΒ΄ve used it so many times since. πŸ™‚

dloates2005 says:

I guess it has to be Leaf It Be another one that I don’t have in my stash! πŸ™ YET!!!

merryf says:

hands down, my favorite from 2014 are the first Wet Paint and Background Basics: Venice. I’ve never seen anything like this design anywhere else. I love its gorgeous elegant graphic look.

Sarosa says:

The feather finery looks amazing. I really like the versatility of this set as demonstrated by the team!

Sarah T. says:

I have too many favorites from 2014. Top 3 (if I have to pick) are Wet Paint, botanical blocks and Doodlie do.

Judie Attard says:

Embellished elegance is way too beautiful!!!! It’s definitely my favourite from this year!

Karen Jones says:

I love the colorful butterflies on Life is Beautiful!

Deb Hudson says:

I have used Autumn Adornments a lot. But this is the year I couldn’t resist so many stamp sets and the Market Kits! I do love Feather Finery, Embellished Elegance and Love You to Pieces Fox. O yea, Wet Paint.

Amy Klin says:

Clip Tips is fun, and nice for tiny projects.

ionabunny says:

Oooh, bakers dozen is s cute. What a lovely variety of cupcakes. Hugz

Traci Major says:

My favorite that I own from this year is Embellished Elegance…it can be folk artsy or elegant, feminine or country…all in how you want to make it!

Rebecca F. says:

Sparkle & Shine! I made all of my Christmas cards that year using this set and the shaker card was a big hit with everyone!

Circle Scribbles was my favorite stamp set from 2014. It is so simple yet so beautiful!

Butterflies . . . means Life is Beautiful – a set I have and love.
    But Feather Finery is looking mighty fine!!

Carrie Crafts says:

My favorite stamp set from 2014 is Garden Grace. I love how easy it makes it to achieve a classy and modern look. Plus, one of my cards I made with the set got featured in the monthly newsletter, so how could I not love it? 😊

lisa808 says:

My favorite 2014 stamp set is Sparkle & Shine because I really like the nice font.

Catherine Milne says:

For me the Quilted series has been such a favorite. It works for feminine or masculine all occasion cards.

MaryB says:

I only have 2 of the 5 showcased today – need to buy more!!! Feather Finery has been on a wish list since it came out, but keeps getting bumped off. There’s no way to pick a favorite from the whole year, so I’ll pick from these 5 – Life is Beautiful. One of the best cards I’ve ever made used this set; a 1st anniversary card for our daughter and son-in-law.

Betty N says:

Gorgeous projects! My favourite set from 2014 is Life is Beautiful- so much one can do with this set. Thank you for the chance to win!

Kristen says:

I have wanted GIVE ME A HAND for awhile now. Maybe someday. It seems like a set that is very versatile and could be utilized for a long time.

Cindy G says:

The best stamp set of 2014 is Topiary Trio. Simple, classic elegant card making!

Annette says:

From the sets you showcased today – my favourites are the Feather set and Leave it be. If I may express a wish for the future – it would be great to have a Papertrey stockist in Europe. The way it is now, I always spend a morning at Customs to pick up my parcel. So I keep my fingers crossed for further expansion.

Bonnie W. (Cardm8kr63) says:

My most used set from 2014 has to be Wet Paint Alphabet. I enjoy personalizing envelopes and this works for both male and female cards.

Rebecca B. from FL says:

2014 was hard to narrow down since there were so many that I loved: Wet Paint, Football Frenzy & all the Monthly Moments sets.

StephH says:

I love Embellished Elegance! Such a versatile set for many occasions, and the style of this set is right up my alley!

Michelle Benoit says:

There were a lot of great stamp sets in 2014, but Songbirds has a special place in my heart!

Lori B says:

So many favorites from 2014, but the one I reach for the most is Life is Beautiful. I just love those butterflies & the sentiments.

Dennisonka says:

Only one favorite???? Sorry … I just can’t pick one. So, I will pick a bunch. It is a toss up between the Life Is Beautiful, Songbirds, A Cheerful Heart, and Big Hugs. And this doesn’t include Betsy’s kits (the inaugural year … love and own all the kits from this year). Love Papertrey and the great products and inspiration you regularly put up!

Another fabulous release year! Feather Finery is my favourite for this year. I love the lacy and dreamy feel of the feathers and the beautiful sentiments.

LauraJane:) says:

Have always been smitten with the font styles in Life is Beautiful!

Joni M says:

I LOVE the butterfly stamps! Butterflies are so fun to stamp and the matching dies make them extra special!

Donna K says:

Feather Finery is such a beautiful set. All the elements make for a lovely image. The Past projects bring back great inspiration ideas from that release. Man, I really need to look at some of my older sets.

Jackie L says:

So hard to pick a favorite in 2014. I would say my most used are Life is Beautiful and Textbox birthday.

Titta says:

2014 was a great year for the Keep It Simple series, I own several stamp sets that came out in 2014. I also like the Life Is Beautiful dies a lot, but don’t own the stamp set.

Nancy M says:

Because of sending so much birthday cards, I have enjoyed Dawn’s Birthday Classics series. It is great to be able to go to those sets for seasons, months or holidays words, too. That series is eclipsed by Heather’s Monthly Moments. Seeing those sets and what the DT did with them was my favorite part of 2014 papercrafting. For both of those series, September was my favorite month.

Karyn S says:

Leave it be is a favorite from 2014. My daughter lives in Colorado and I love the aspen leaf in the set. Bowl of Sunshine would be my number 2. Botanical Blocks, Polka Dot Basics III and many more round out this year.

Rose Noelle says:

I love Life’s Music for all the drama/piano/music teachers in our lives.

Linda (LSN) says:

Doodlie Do! Love love love this set!

Linda

Cynthia Baldwin says:

Life is Beautiful is one of my favorites – because; butterflies! So pretty! πŸ™‚

Barbara Martin says:

The Wet Paint series is my favorite! But there are so many great sets from this year – Botanical Blocks, Garden Grace, Doodle-do, Life is Beautiful and more!

Mary-Anne V. says:

Feather finery is so pretty and love the gorgeous images.

Lori Lehanne says:

Oh Sweet Cheeks was such a cute set. The Amazing was also a favorite of 2014.

Diana F says:

I love the Text Block Birthday. This set can be used a shaker card, or simply cut it out of white card stock and but bright backgrounds behind it. It is a good one to use when you need to make a quick birthday card.

Susan in AK says:

I have Feather Finery and enjoy using it for projects other than cards. One such project was stamping it repeatedly on a mat for a framed photo.

Angie says:

I LOVE Embellished Elegance! thanks so much for the chance!

maryrose says:

Leave It Be! Love this one…a classic!

josiane says:

I own all four stamp sets and the Text block die featured today. My other favorite stamp sets are Wet paint, Garden Grace, and Pack Your Bags, but my absolute favorite 2014 stamp set is Get Lost since we love to travel.

Happy 10th Anniversary! I have really enjoyed the posts revisiting each year PTI has been in business.

Two of my all-time PTI favorites…Doodlie Do and Big Hugs!

Rebekah says:

Those butterflies from “Life is Beautiful” are just that… BEAUTIFUL & I will keep these beautiful butterflies forever!

Jennifer T says:

Feather Finery, hands down one of my top 5 favorites ever!

Marybeth says:

I love the “wishing you a happy birthday” panel! So fun to make shakers cards with !

Tammy W says:

Life is Beautiful has always been one of my favorites, such gorgeous butterflies!

BarbaraB says:

I liked the monthly moments collection series. It was a great series.

super stick chick says:

My favorite set is the Leaf It Be, so beautiful and so much creativity with this set. Love the DT examples too.

Janet W says:

So many great sets in 2014! I have many of them and definitely have a hard time choosing a favorite. Doodlie-Do is right up there at the top, though! Those flowers just make me smile

Rema DeLeeuw says:

I love Feather Finery!

Anne says:

Circle Scribbles was just so original. Love it. Still have to get the dies though. Will do at some stage this year

Life is beautiful is just such an amazing set. It makes me happy everytime I use it!

Elizabeth Marie says:

Michelle’s use of Leave it Be makes me want to buy that set straight away!

beatrice W. says:

I love life is beautiful! Those butterflies are gorgeous

CathyL says:

Love the beautiful butterflies in Life is Beautiful!