Just wait until you see what Kay has in store for you! I know many of you have been looking forward to this video for weeks! All of her tips and tricks will make all of you watercolor masters for sure!!!
Kay says, "I am going to show you how you can create beautiful watercolor works of art on your cards, with just a few simple stamping supplies and dye inks. With this easy technique you’ll be able to use many of the stamp sets and inks you already have on hand, to mimic the lovely watercolor paintings of the Masters!"
- STAMPS: Mum’s The Word
- PAPER: Stamper’s Select White, Watercolor paper
- INK: Berry Sorbet, Summer Sunrise, Spring Moss, Simply Chartreuse, Ripe Avocado
- OTHER: Water, paint brushes
- A2 size 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 inch top folded white card base
- Watercolor paper cut to 4 x 5 1/4 inches
KAY'S MASTER TIPS
- When using a wet on wet technique, and your colors will touch and run together, always use colors that are adjacent to each other on the color wheel, or colors that will blend to produce a pretty color. Colors that are complementary or across the color wheel from each other will create a brown color if they mix together.
- When doing splattering, if you want larger splatters, use your hand to tap on your brush. If you want tiny splatters, use another brush or a firm object to tap your brush with.
- To achieve rich colors in your watercoloring, let your first layer dry, then go back over it with another layer of paint. Watercolors are transparent, but you can build up beautiful color by layering.
–Now it's your turn! Create a project that features watercoloring. You can choose to re-create the exact project from Kay above or design your own using the same concepts. Your project must also incorporate at least one Papertrey product.
–Post your project on your blog, in your gallery or on any other photo-hosting site (such as photobucket or flickr).
–-Add your project to the InLinkz list below.
–You will have until 7am ET, Tuesday, July 26th, to add your link to the list to be eligible to win. One project per person please.
–As a reminder, you will have until 7am ET, Tuesday, July 26th, to add your link to the list to be eligible to win.
–TWO randomly selected winners will be chosen from ALL the entries within this list on Tuesday, July 26th. The winners will be posted on our Tuesday night Stamp-a-faire winners page after 9pm ET. The randomly selected winners will each get a $25 PTI gift certificate to spend however they like!
Thanks for joining us! We look forward to seeing your projects!