Danielle Flanders is playing with liquid gold leafing today and boy are you in for a treat! To help get you in the mood why not absorb some inspiration from Gustav Klimt, the most famous artist of the 20th century to have used gold leaf as a primary aspect of his expression. If only we could all have the opportunity to see “The Kiss” in person!
Danielle says, “Gold embossed stationery and monograms are so trendy right now! In this tutorial, I will share with you a quick, simple way to add gold to your monograms with a product called Liquid Leaf. It goes on thick, dries quickly and leaves a gorgeous shine to your die cut pieces, envelopes and tags!”
- STAMPS: Peonies On Parade, Graceful Greetings, Graceful Greetings II
- DIES: Limitless Layers: 2 ¼” Square die collection, Bookprint Alpha Upper die, Edgers #4 die collection, Peonies On Parade dies, Minute To Make: Holiday Tags die, Limitless Layers: 2 ½” Circle die
- INK: Raspberry Fizz, True Black
- PAPER: Stamper’s Select White, Lovely Lady, Aqua Mist, Enchanted Evening Bitty Dot paper
- OTHER: Liquid Leaf (Classic Gold by Plaid), old paintbrush, Don’t Forget to Write: A2 Envelope Sampler, Scoring tool, coasters, Copic Markers (RV21, RV04, BG10), pen, White floss or twine
MEASUREMENTS & CUTTING LIST
- Die cut 3 scalloped squares with the Limitless Layers: 2 1/4” Square dies from white cardstock.
- Die cut 3 plain circles from Limitless Layers: 2 ½” Circle die from Enchanted Evening Bitty Dot patterned paper.
- Cut 3 scalloped borders from white cardstock with the Edgers #4 die.
- Die cut 3 Peonies on Parade flowers from Lovely Lady cardstock.
- Die cut 3 Peonies on Parade leaves from Aqua Mist cardstock.
- Die cut 3 monograms (whatever letter you prefer for your monogram cards) from coaster board.
- For tags, die cut several Minute To Make tags from a variety of cardstock colors – white, Lovely Lady, Aqua Mist.
- Cut several white twine or floss pieces, one for each tag, 8” each.
–Now it’s your turn! Create a project featuring an element that you have gilded with gold. You can choose to re-create the exact project from Danielle above or design your own using the same concepts. Your project must also incorporate at least one Papertrey product.
–Post your project on your blog, in your gallery or on any other photo-hosting site (such as photobucket or flickr).
–-Add your project to the InLinkz list below.
–You will have until 7am ET, Tuesday, July 26th, to add your link to the list to be eligible to win. One project per person please.
–As a reminder, you will have until 7am ET, Tuesday, July 26th, to add your link to the list to be eligible to win.
–TWO randomly selected winners will be chosen from ALL the entries within this list on Tuesday, July 26th. The winners will be posted on our Tuesday night Stamp-a-faire winners page after 9pm ET. The randomly selected winners will each get a $25 PTI gift certificate to spend however they like!
Thanks for joining us! We look forward to seeing your projects!