We're picturing jumping in puddles and dancing in the rain, counting the stars and even dreaming of other galaxies as we look to today's product introductions! We're kicking this month's Countdown off with bang, bringing you a wide variety of new products….everything from classic new basics to the seriously cute. You're in for a treat! Enjoy!
If you loved playing with paper dolls as a child, here’s your chance to enjoy them all over again in your paper crafting! The Dress Up Dolls: Rainy Day set coordinates with the Dress Up Dolls: Basics set and contains all of the fun accessories you’ll need to get your Dress Up Dolls ready to play in the puddles! This set includes a cute raincoat and umbrella, a hat that slips on the doll’s head, and even a rubber duck to float along through the puddles. You can use the Dress Up Dolls: Basics and the Rainy Day set, along with their coordinating dies, to create your very own set of paper dolls, but of course they’re perfectly at home on cards, tags, party invitations, and wraps, too. Mix and match the accessories across the entire Dress Up Dolls line for endless fun. The playful images in the Rainy Day set are perfect for creating paper-crafted goodies for your little puddle jumper!
- Dress Up Dolls: Rainy Day will be available for purchase on July 15th.
- It will retail for $5.
- Dress Up Dolls: Rainy Day contains a total of 10 images. The assembled dolls wearing head-to-toe raingear and holding umbrella measure approximately 3-3/8” wide and just under 4-1/2” high. The “puddles” sentiment measures 7/8” wide and 1/4” high. The hat measures 1-5/8” wide and 1” high. The umbrella measures 2-1/2” wide and 2-1/4” high. The boots measures 1/2” wide and 3/4” high. The raincoat measures 1-5/8” wide and 1-1/2” high.
- A coordinating die/collection will be available for sale separately, retailing for $7. This collection includes a set of 7 dies. Umbrella (2-1/2” x 2-3/8”), coat (1-3/4” x 1-1/2”), hat (1-5/8” x 1”), boots (5/8” x 7/8”), duck (1/2” x 1/2”)
Maile Belles has designed a cover plate with a bit of a whimsical look, which makes it a great pair with many of the products this month. Just imagine it colored with a rainbow of colors or even just an ombre color palette!
- Cover Plate: Scallops die/collection will be available for purchase on July 15th.
- It will retail for $16.
- Cover Plate: Scallops is a single die. 4-1/4" x 5-1/2"
Number The Stars is a versatile, multipurpose sentiment set with a cosmic theme. Pair this set with the coordinating Number The Stars Banner Die and Background Basics: Galaxy for projects that are out of this world!
- Number The Stars will be available for purchase on July 15th.
- It will retail for $15.
- Number The Stars contains a total of 8 images. The banner sentiments measure nearly 2 3/4” long by just over 4/5” tall. The “Keep reaching…” sentiment measures 2” long by 7/10” tall. The “Remember” sentiment measures just over 1 1/2” long by just over 3/8” tall. The “under the same sky” sentiment measures just under 1 1/2” wide by 1/5” tall.
- A coordinating die will be available for sale separately, retailing for $3. This is a single die. 2-5/8" x 3/4"
Add the brilliance of the cosmos to all of your projects with this multistep background set. Background Basics: Galaxy also includes sentiments and a banner accent image that perfectly coordinate with the Number The Stars stamp set and banner die for even more starry style options.
- Background Basics: Galaxy will be available for purchase on July 15th.
- It will retail for $18.
- Background Basics: Galaxy contains a total of xx images. The star and stardust strips measure 7” long by about 1 1/3” tall. The striped banner measures 2 3/4” long by just over 4/5” tall. The largest individual solid star measures about 1/2” square. The smallest individual solid star measures 1/10” square. The “hip, hip, hooray” sentiment measures just over 1 1/2” long by 7/10” tall.
Lizzie has also designed a coordinating gift box that your recipients are sure to love! Create clever star-shaped boxes that are out of this world! They're perfect for holding all sorts of small treats and small goodies.
- Favor It: Star Box die will be available for purchase on July 15th.
- It will retail for $24.
- Favor It: Star Box is a single die. assembled size (2-1/2" tall and wide,1-1/2 " wide at its widest point in the center, 1" wide at its narrowest in the center, 1-3/4" deep at the center), unassembled size (4-1/2" x 7-3/4")
Now you can customize all your cards and gift tags for special occasions in your loved ones’ lives, with the help of the Just a Number stamp set! Whether you’re creating for a birthday, graduation, anniversary or even a retirement, you can add the specific number for how many years you’re celebrating or even the graduation year! The choice is yours for how you choose to customize your projects, but your recipients are sure to love that extra special touch that shows your card or gift tag was made for them and them alone!
- Just a Number will be available for purchase on July 15th.
- It will retail for $15.
- Just a Number contains a total of 23 images. The script “Happy” measures 2-1/4” x 1-1/4”. The numbers measure 3/8” x 1/2”. The scrolled square measures 1-1/4” x 1-3/8”.
- A coordinating die/collection will be available for sale separately, retailing for $11. This collection includes a set of 3 dies. rectangle frame (2-7/8” x 1-1/2”), rounded frame (2-3/8” x 2-5/8”), “Happy” (2-1/2” x 1-1/4”)
Now that I've made all of the formal introductions, let's get onto the projects!
My first project uses the sweet little girl from the Dress Up Dolls: Basics set paired up with the new Rainy Day accessories. Cutest thing ever! And just the thing to send along to someone and bring them a little cheer (and a smile)!
I die-cut all of the pieces of the doll along with her outfit, stamped them and colored them in with Copic markers.
For the background, I colored the top edge of a block of watercolor paper with a watercolor marker, added quite a bit of water and allowed it to drip down the page. I thought this would be appropriate for a rainy day themed card.
I used a sentiment from It's the Thought (more about this later in the week!) that seemed like a perfect fit. It was added with True Black ink.
As soon as I saw Maile's new Cover Plate: Scalloped die, I knew that I wanted to try to do a rainbow effect with it. I opted to use Copic markers to achieve this and I was really happy with the results.
I started on the left and worked me way over, being sure to blend each of the colors together where they met. I'm thinking that this will look amazing in lots of different color combos!
I die-cut the sentiment block and stamped it with Dawn's new Just a Number set using True Black ink. This set is SO clever, I always love anything that allows me to customize a card for the recipient.
I'm thinking it may be fun to do the same kind of card with all kraft cardstocks too!
Now, isn't this amazing! Seriously dying over Lizzie's new Favor It: Star Box die. It is so unique, yet so easy to put together. Pair it up with metallics and you have a recipe for paper magic!
I opted to use our Silver Shimmer cardstock to create the box. Since it is all one piece, it folds together quickly. As a fun detail, I added small dots of Liquid Pearls on the front of the box. I recommend ding these before you fold it together, allowing them to dry completely before finishing up your project.
For the tag, I cut two scalloped frames using Tag Sale #10. I then used the rounded rectangle int he center as a template to cut two pieces of clear cardstock slightly larger using scissors. I sandwiched some of the confetti style glitter between the pieces of clear cardstock, then sandwiched that between the two frames. I stamped the beautiful sentiment from Number the Stars and then die-cut it using the coordinating banner die.
I hope you have enjoyed all the creations that I have shared with you today! Didn't we tell you there was a little something for everyone today?! Whether cute, trendy or classic is your style, hopefully there was something today that struck your fancy! We would love to hear your initial thoughts on everything we introduced! Please leave a comment on this post to tell us what you think of the new products and you will be eligible to win big!
$75 Papertrey Ink Gift Certificate
to spend however you choose!
You have until 7am EST, July 11th to leave your comment and be eligible to win. Only one comment per person please. One randomly selected winner will be announced on our July Release Winners Page before noon ET the same day. Thank you for stopping by today and best of luck with the contest!
Betsy Veldman will be featuring Number the Stars, Background Basics: Galaxy & Favor It: Star Box die.
Ashley Cannon Newell is showcasing Just a Number.
Heather Nichols will be featuring Dress Up Dolls: Rainy Day & Cover Plate: Scallops.
CLICK HERE to see more from Dawn McVey.
CLICK HERE to see more from Erin Lincoln.
CLICK HERE to see more from Lizzie Jones.
CLICK HERE to see more from Maile Belles.
WISHING YOU WELL CARD
- STAMPS: Dress Up Dolls: Rainy Day, It's the Thought (available July 15th) Dress Up Dolls: Basics
- INK: True Black
- PAPER: Stamper's Select White, watercolor paper
- OTHER: Dress Up Dolls: Basics dies, Dress Up Dolls: Rainy Day dies, Copic markers (Y38, E47, E99, BG18, R30, YG17, E57, R22, R01, BG75), Zig Clean Color Real Brush marker (Persian Green)
- FINISHED SIZE: 4-1/4" x 5-1/2"
14TH BIRTHDAY CARD
- STAMPS: Just a Number (available July 15th)
- INK: True Black
- PAPER: Stamper's Select White
- OTHER: Cover Plate: Scallops, Just a Number die, Copic markers (R24, Y38, YG21, YG17, BG18)
- FINISHED SIZE: 4-1/4" x 5-1/2"
MAKE A WISH GIFT ENSEMBLE
- STAMPS: Number the Stars (available July 15th)
- INK: Royal Velvet
- PAPER: Silver Shimmer, Winter Wisteria, Clear cardstock
- OTHER: Favor It: Star Box die, Number the Stars Banner die, Tag Sale #10 die, Liquid Pearls (silver), Martha Stewart Confetti Glitter (sterling), embroidery floss
- FINISHED SIZE: 2-1/2" tall and wide,1-3/4" deep (box), 2" x 3" (tag)