You've let us know loud and clear that you're in love with our Moments Inked Planner system! After extensive research and detailed survey results, we are pleased to bring you the 2016 edition!
Before we get started, have you been keeping up with all of the wonderful things the gals are doing with their planners through our Moments Inked newsletter? Every Monday the team shares tips and tricks for how you can get the most out of your planner! They also keep you motivated to use it regularly and keep yourself organized! If you haven't subscribed yet, you can do so HERE.
You can also see what other customers have been up to, or share what you have been doing by using our hashtag!
Now onto all of our big news!
One of the biggest announcements for this year is that you now have two options for your planner format! The results from our survey let us know that about half of you prefer the existing spiral binding, while the other half wished to have the flexibility of a binder. So we have decided to provide you with both options so you can select the version that best suits your lifestyle.
Since the binder itself is the newest addition to the line-up, I thought I would go over a few of its details first!
The binders are beautifully made from easy wipe-clean faux leather. All of the metal details including the reinforced corners, snap and interior binder rings are made from a soft gold for ultimate style. Elegant top stitching provides a wonderful finishing detail. They are a nice compact size, with a footprint of 7-1/2" tall and 7" wide and a thickness of 1-1/2".
The new binders will be available in a total of four classic colors, allowing the colorful pages within take center stage.
Ebony will always be a classic. This elegant deep black has an air of sophistication and a timeless appeal.
All of the binders are elegantly debossed in the lower right front corner with the Moments Inked logo.
The Stone Gray option is another fabulous neutral, which many people claim is the new black! This lighter tone is a bit more understated yet maintains that classic look.
You are going to love these reinforced metal corners. This little detail not only looks great, but it helps protect your binder from wear and tear so you will get a long life from your investment.
There is just something about the crisp, clean look of the White option.
The topstitching detail really shines with this particular color.
And for those of you who prefer a more earthy look, we have gorgeous Natural Tan.
All of the gold details pair particularly well with this option.
Now that we have covered many of the details about the exterior of the new Moments Inked planner binder, lets chat about some of the interior features. This binder may be compact, but it includes a sturdy 6-ring binder, interior pocket, pen loop and even a slit in the back for a notepad. And the snap closure helps to keep it all together.
The snap closure has a debossed detail where it meets the main body of the binder to help prevent cracking over time.
The actual snap is gold to coordinate with the other elements of the binder.
We opted to use a sturdy vinyl product for the pen loop rather than elastic which can stretch out over time.
The interior pocket is perfect for tucking away sticker sheets, notes or other important documents.
The 6-ring binder gives you the ultimate sturdiness and dependability as far as holding all of you pages securely in place. We had them custom plated in the same gold tone as the metal corners and snap for gorgeous coordination.
The back cover features a slit for inserting a notepad. You can also use the vertical pocket for storage of documents or important papers.
One pad is included with the purchase of the binder with refill pads offered as a separate purchase. The pads use the same beautiful linen-textured paper that the pages of the actual planner are printed on.
- The Moments Inked Planner Binders will be available for sale on December 15th.
- They will retail for $28 each.
- The Moments Inked Planner Binder includes one notepad inserted into the back cover slit. Please note that the actual planner pages themselves are sold separately.
- They are available in four colors total: Ebony, Stone Gray, White and Natural Tan.
- Highlights include reinforced metal corners, pen loop, interior pocket, 6-ring binder hardware and back slit for notepad.
- The binders measure 7-1/2" tall x 7" wide x 1-1/2" deep.
I personally have selected the White option for myself, and I thought I would show you how I customized the cover in just five minutes!
I added a few tiny drops of Glossy Accents to the back of the letter as well to help it stay in place for the long haul and prevent the corners from curling up over time. I just love the way this looks and admit to staring at the cover multiple times a day! Do you think you will customize your cover or leave it clean and simple?
Now I want to go into a few things about the actual planner pages. Both the spiral bound and binder options are set up the same exact way, the only thing different is the hole format. So all of the following notes apply to both versions.
5" x 7" Size- Our planner pages measure a nice petite 5" x 7", with the overall 2016 planner measuring about 3/4" thick. This size is something we will stick with, so you can continue to use coordinating products for years.
70lb. Crisp White Linen Paper- We only selected the BEST materials for our planner, using the same linen paper utilized in last year's version. It is a crisp white, which entices you to write upon its pages! The 2016 planner contains a whopping 234 double-sided, full-color pages and 14 mylar laminated tabbed section dividers.
Reduced Bulk- We heard from our customers loud and clear from the survey that everyone loved the quality and layout of the planner pages from last year. The biggest change people wanted to see was the removal of the daily pages to help reduce bulk, so we did just that. The new slimmer version of the planner includes just the monthly and weekly pages for each month along with the same specialty sections at the front and back. This has reduced the page count from 576 down to 234, making it more lightweight and easy to manage. The 2015 version was 1-1/2" thick, where the new and improved 2016 design is 3/4" and more manageable.
But don't worry! For those of you who loved the daily pages, we will be offering some versatile alternate options later on that can be used as a stand-alone journal or integrated into the binder option. We look forward to bringing you more news about that soon!
Specialty sections- The planners still include your favorite extras!
Now for the monthly sections! Each month features an inspirational quote at the start using that month's special color scheme. Each of the quotes I selected are meaningful to me and I hope they inspire you as much as they have me!
Each month features a monthly spread in its designated color scheme. This features the whole month at a glance for easy reference. This is exactly the same as last year's version since so many of you communicated how much you loved it.
The box sizes remained the same as well so you can continue to use all of the existing coordinating products. Holidays are labeled appropriately throughout as an extra touch. The monthly boxes measure 1" wide and 7/8" tall, giving you enough space to jot down a few important events or appointments. Again, all of these pages are in full-color, which makes it such a pleasure to use! The right hand column can be used for writing down tasks or things to remember. A mini calendar for the following month is at the top of this column.
Monthly notes pages- Each monthly section now includes a few black notes pages. These can be customized for whatever you are needing extra space for!
Each month has the appropriate number of weekly spreads, giving you plenty of space to detail your busy life and break everything down into bite size pieces. The weekly columns measure 1" wide. There are blank columns under each day for notes as well as two large areas on the left.
One change we did make to the weekly pages after reading your survey responses is that we removed the morning/afternoon/evening sections for each day and added dotted lines instead. This allows you more customization options and also provides you with an easy way to keep everything neat and straight.
The Details (Binder Edition):
- The Moments Inked 2016 Memory Planner, Binder Edition will be available for purchase on December 15th.
- It will retail for $30.
- The planner contains a total of 234 double-sided, full-color pages and 14 mylar laminated tabbed section dividers.
- The Moments Inked 2016 Planner, Binder Edition measures about 5" wide x 7" tall and 3/4" thick.
- These pages are punches for use with the Moments Inked 6-ring binder (sold separately).
The Details (Spiral Bound Edition):
- The Moments Inked 2016 Memory Planner, Spiral Bound Edition will be available for purchase on December 15th.
- It will retail for $35.
- The planner contains a total of 234 double-sided, full-color pages and 14 mylar laminated tabbed section dividers.
- The Moments Inked 2016 Planner, Spiral Bound Edition measures about 5" wide x 7" tall and 3/4" thick.
- The coil is large and roomy for adding extra pages with the coordinating die system. It measures about 1" in diameter and is made from strong silver metal wire.
- The planner does not come with a front cover, they are sold separately. There are FIVE new interchangeable, sturdy, laminated cover styles to choose from (see below), retailing for $6 each.
- The back cover is made from super thick black chipboard, measuring a full 1/16" thick.
We are releasing five cover designs for the spiral bound planner this year, all of which are bright and colorful. There is a little something for everyone from vintage, to modern to trendy. These covers are heavily laminated for an easy wipe-off surface in preparation for those inevitable spills. The spiral edge of these covers is slit so that the covers are interchangeable, just in case you can't decide! You can easily swap them as frequently as you wish.
- The Moments Inked 2016 Spiral Bound Edition Covers will be available for sale on December 15th.
- They will retail fro $6 each.
- There are five designs total to choose from. These are the same size and construction as the covers offered last year and are completely interchangeable.
This month we are introducing the basics to help get you started on your 2016 journey, with much more to be introduced in the coming months! We didn't want to overwhelm you with too much new planner introductions this month. However, we did have a little something up our sleeves that we just had to go ahead and make available now!
We are pleased to introduce our own custom made white post-it notes! I think we can all let out a collective "Yay!!!" for that!
After the introduction of our popular Moments Inked: Posted set last year, many of you wanted the opportunity to be creative with your ink selections. But finding white post-it notes was definitely a challenge! Now we will be permanently carrying them in the store!
These notes stamp beautifully and give you endless options for stamping in color and more!
- The White Post-It Note Pads will be available December 15th.
- There will be two sizes available, 3×3 and 3×6.
- Each pad includes 50 reposition able sheets.
- Set of two 3×3 White Post-It Note Pads will retail for $6.
- Set of two 3×6 White Post-It Note Pads will retail for $7.
As one final note, you will also be able to purchase refill notepads for the new Moments Inked Binder.
- The Moments Inked: Binder Notepad Refill set will be available December 15th.
- A set of refills will retail for $3.
- A Moments Inked: Binder Notepad Refill set includes 3 of the notepads, each holding 25 sheets of the same high quality linen paper used for the printed planner pages.
That wraps things up for our Moments Inked 2016 introductory post! To celebrate this amazing new product line we will be showcasing Moments Inked Team reviews and box opening videos starting next week and through to the first of the year! So stay tuned here on the blog, Facebook or Instagram to see what's in store!