There is just nothing like the joy one can get from sitting down with a good book (and maybe even a cup of tea or coffee!) We can escape to places unknown and find ourselves immersed in a story that comes to life with the turn of each page. It's with thoughts of those dreamy moments enthralled in an amazing read that you just can't put down, that we bring you today's new product introductions!
As the name suggests, Bibliophile is the book lover's stamp set. Design-your-own book spines get a clever twist when you see you are stamping book quotations from famous authors on your card, wall art, or bookmark project. Three additional sentiments are designed to stretch out on the spines of stacked books. With one line per book spine, these book-themed sentiments create a pleasing scene that is a snap to create. Complete the look with the Fancy Teacup Die or Fancy Bookends Die and your project is done, leaving you to sit down with your own cuppa and favorite book to enjoy the rest of your downtime.
- Bibliophile will be available for purchase on July 15th.
- It will retail for $24.
- Bibliophile contains a total of 45 images. The John Green quotation "she loved mysteries so much, she became one", measures approximately 2 and 1/2 inches long by 1/2 inch tall. The vertically aligned "books" measures approximately 1/2 wide by 2 and 1/4 inches tall. The circular star element measures approximately 3/8 of an inch by 3/8 of a inch. Each rectangle of the "between the pages" quotation measures approximately 3/4 of an inch by 5/8 of an inch. The various dividers (five total) all measure approximately 3/4 inch long by 1/8th to 1/4th of an inch high.
- A coordinating die/collection will be available for sale separately, retailing for $12. This collection includes a total of 10 dies. book one 1/2" x 4-1/2", book two 1" 4-3/8", book three 5/8" x 4-1/8", book four 1/2" x 4", circle 1/2"
Use the Fancy Teacup and Fancy Bookends dies to set the scene for your book-scapes, when paired with Bibliophile! Create charming cards, tags, bookmarks and more, with these detailed dies!
- Fancy Teacup die collection will be available for purchase on July 15th.
- It will retail for $5.
- Fancy Teacup contains a total of 2 dies. 2-1/2" x 1-1/4"
- Fancy Bookends die collection will be available for purchase on July 15th.
- It will retail for $5.
- Fancy Bookends contains a total of 3 dies. bookend 1-1/4" x 1-5/8", circle 1/4"
- Book Cover Card die/collection will be available for purchase on July 15th.
- It will retail for $35.
- Book Cover Card contains a total of 7 dies. completed card 5-1/2" x 8-1/2", pocket 3" x 2-7/8", library card 2-3/8" x 4-1/8", "Once" 2-3/8" x 1-3/8", "Happily" 2-5/8" x 1-3/8", "For You" 2-1/2" x 2-1/8"
Combine these stamps with the Book Cover Card die collection to create your own clever cards that look just like real books. The sentiments are inspired by traditional phrases found in your favorite stories. You can even add a gift card holder to the interior, library card style.
- Book Cover Details will be available for purchase on July 15th.
- It will retail for $5.
- Book Cover Details contains a total of 7 images. "Once" measures 2" x 1-3/8". "Upon a time" measures 1/8" x 5/8". "Happily" measures 2-5/8" x 1-3/8". "Ever after" measures 1/8" x 1-3/8".
Now that I've made all of the formal introductions, let's get onto the projects!
I thought I would kick things off with a clean and modern project, offering a unique take on a wedding card. I wanted to note the small "corner" left in place on the backside of the card in the lower left corner of this card base created with the new Book Cover Card die. Depending on how you embellish the card and what you want the recipient to be able to do with the card, you may want to leave this corner as is to help it stand up without tipping over. However, if you prefer the aesthetic without it, it is very easy to snip off with scissors. In other words, it's customizable to suit your needs.
To create this base, I die-cut the new Book Cover Card die from white cardstock. I recommend lining the card with a lightweight patterned paper. The die makes cuts to define the "spine" illusion on the card cover, which also allows you to easily cut an extra spine for layering/additional design options. This simple step helps add a little strength to the card base. I placed the card interior side up and added my adhesive (I use a tape runner).
I then adhered a sheet of patterned paper measuring A2 card size (5-1/2" x 8-1/2"), then used scissors to trim from the front where appropriate. I love that the die does all the hard work of measuring and it is easy to use the die-cut card base as a template when adding the lining like this.
After lining the interior, I added a die-cut library pocket, which is also included in this die-collection. It is sized to perfectly hold a gift card! What an fun and easy way to package them up! I know I will be using this a lot for birthdays and holidays too! Even teachers!
It is embellished with some florals from Simply Jane and die-cut "For You" phrase, all done in Tropical Teal.
On the inside of the front cover I stamped one of my favorite sentiments from The Best Is Yet To Be Sentiments. So perfect for this wedding card!
On the front cover I used this silhouette stamp from Simply Jane, paired with sentiments from the new Book Cover Details stamp set.
For my next project, I opted to go for more of a vintage look.
I die-cut a few book spines and sponged them with ink to give them a soft faded look. I used Spring Rain, Spring Moss and Sweet Blush. The quotes and accents, all from Bibliophile, are stamped a shade darker in Blueberry Sky, Ripe Avocado and Autumn Rose.
Using the same color scheme, I die-cut and stamped some flowers from the new Vintage Linens set. The style of these flowers is perfect for carrying through my vintage them.
For the background, I used a page from an old book, it seemed to be the perfect finishing touch!
Now that you have seen a few of my creations, here are some of the amazing things that the team has created!
Amy says, "Book lovers, take note, for today's products are sure to delight. Stamp a shelf of books, a stack of books, or a whole library. With Bibliophile's many book die sizes and shapes, plus all of the extra design element stamps, each book collection will be unique!"
CLICK HERE to see more from Amy Sheffer.
Ashley says, "Books are treasures for so many people, so to be able to replicate them into a card design or a scrapbook page is a joy. Bibliophile gives you the opportunity to design your own beautiful book spine. The Fancy Bookend dies add the perfect finishing touch. Head on over to my blog to see how I made a card using these stamps and dies and my own Book Cover card as well."
CLICK HERE to see more from Ashley Cannon Newell.
Betsy says, “This is just the most unique line-up of book themed products I’ve ever seen — the girls have just really outdone themselves! Stop by my blog to see a soft and pretty wedding card I created using the new Bibliophile stamps and dies, along with this sweet baby card which combines the new Book Cover dies with the Wee Folk kit for a folk-inspired look."
CLICK HERE to see more from Betsy Veldman.
Danielle says, "Calling all book lovers! You can never have too many books! I've created a couple cards with these adorable Bibliophile stamps and dies inspired by a bookshelf quilt I found online. Swing by!"
CLICK HERE to see more from Danielle Flanders.
Dawn says, "I've been a bookworm since I was little. I think I read something like 300 books in the 3rd grade and have been reading like crazy ever since! There's just nothing like getting so sucked in to a fabulous story that you don't want to put the book down! That being said, today's cards were fun ones to make. Nichole and Erin have created some really great products that make it so easy to create darling book-themed cards! Stop by my blog to see my bookish creations!"
CLICK HERE to see more from Dawn McVey.
Heather says, "Reading and books are a favorite thing of mine and so I loved creating projects to share today with the bibliophile theme! The book cover takes a card for a book lover to the next level and the book themed sentiments were perfect for creating a bookmark (that I might just keep for myself!)"
CLICK HERE to see more from Heather Nichols.
Laura says, "Now there's something to combine the love of books into card making in a very stylish way. Who knew a card shaped like a book could look so cute? Hop over to my blog to see!"
CLICK HERE to see more from Laura Bassen.
Laurie says, "I love to read and wish I had more time to finish several books I have started. (Preferably, on a lounge chair….at the beach.) I do have lots of friends who are readers too, so I see lots of possibilities to make adorable cards using these new goodies! I have a fun one and a wedding card to share today, if you'll stop by!"
CLICK HERE to see more from Laurie Willison.
Maile says, "What a great collection of book themed products! I look forward to surprising my fellow book loving friends and family with project made especially for them."
CLICK HERE to see more from Maile Belles.
Melissa says, “I’ve decided that it would be the funnest job in the world to design book covers :). The new book related products from Papertrey Ink are so much fun and really inspire creativity! What thoughtful gifts will be made and given using these sweet new products.”
CLICK HERE to see more from Melissa Phillips.
I hope you have enjoyed all these amazing creations that both the team and I have shared with you today! Have we inspired you to create some book-themed projects of your own? Are you anxious to put these new products to good use in your own crafty space? Or perhaps we've just inspired you to curl up with a good book? (*wink!*) We would love to hear your initial thoughts on everything we introduced! Please leave a comment on this post to tell us what you think of the new products and you will be eligible to win big!
$75 Papertrey Ink Gift Certificate
to spend however you choose!
You have until 7am EST, July 14th to leave your comment and be eligible to win. Only one comment per person please. One randomly selected winner will be announced on our July Release Winners Page before noon EST the same day. Thank you for stopping by today and best of luck with the contest!
CLICK HERE to see more from Erin Lincoln.
CLICK HERE to see more from Lizzie Jones.
HAPPILY EVER AFTER CARD
- STAMPS: Book Cover Details, Bibliophile (available July 15th) Simply Jane, The Best is Yet To Be Sentiments
- INK: Hawaiian Shores, Tropical Teal
- PAPER: Stamper's Select White, Tropical Teal, Hawaiian Shores, Hawaiian Shores stripes
- OTHER: Book Cover Card dies
- FINISHED SIZE: 4-1/4" x 5-1/2"
BOOK COLLECTION CARD
- STAMPS: Bibliophile, Vintage Linens (available July 15th)
- INK: Spring Rain, Blueberry Sky, Spring Moss, Ripe Avocado, Sweet Blush, Autumn Rose
- PAPER: Vintage Cream, page from vintage book
- OTHER: Bibliophile dies, Vintage Linens dies, sponge
- FINISHED SIZE: 4-1/4" x 5-1/2"