Holiday Card Making 101

By October 13, 2008Group Challenges

Every year around this time, stampers everywhere are frantically trying to figure out what will be *the* card this year.  Your 2008 holiday card that is!  Well, if you are still indecisive, we are here to help!!!  The design team and I have put together an entire presentation to help you get past the planning stages and into the stamping phase!

Here’s how it works.  Scroll down through the following projects and pick which one appeals to you and your stamping level the most.  They vary from really simple to a bit more complicated, some with more steps than others.  In other words, there is something for everyone, no matter their capabilities!

Once you have selected *the* card, simply click to download a FREE planning worksheet.  The complete supply list & instructions to make 25 of the same design, have been compiled just for you for EACH of the projects below.

There isn’t anything left to do but check to see what you have on hand from the list and order anything you don’t.  With the helpful cutting list that each designer included with their project, you can have your holidays cards done in one afternoon.  We hope you enjoy this special holiday presentation.  Please be sure to let us know if you utilize it!

LINK TIPS:
—> Click on a designer’s name to visit the blog post they did today in conjunction with their design.

—> Click the download link to see the Planning worksheet for that design.

Designed by Michelle Wooderson

………………………………………………………………………………………….
Designed by Geny Cassady
Christmas Snowfall wishes Planning Worksheet:
Download christmas_snowfall_wishes_card.pdf

Holiday_cards_group

…………………………………………………………………………………………
There you have it! Now there’s nothing stopping you from getting those holiday cards done!  And don’t forget to enjoy the journey!

Katie says:

WOW! Nichole, you and your team really do think of EVERYTHING! All of these cards are gorgeous!

jacqueline31 says:

OOOHHHH, AHHHH, I couldn’t wait until morning….I took an early peak πŸ™‚ Wonderful, beautiful cards! Thank you, thank you!

Courtney says:

Wowzers!!! You guy’s just keep on outdoing yourselves. I’m sure you will be helping hundreds if not thousands of people with their Chrissy cards, thanks so much for the inspiration – you guy’s Rock!

Sherri says:

How beautiful everything is! What a fabulous collection of Designing Women! I am thrilled to be able to Download the supplies lists – I have been itching to start on Holiday cards so thank you for the downloads and ideas!! Fun!! Sherri @ Perfect Panache

BarbW says:

This is a marvelous idea and the designers have done a fabulous job with their creations! I don’t know which to choose! Thank you so much for taking the time to put this whole post together. I always say, if you want class, head over to Papertrey Ink. This is class all the way…now, I’m off to download and get busy making my Christmas cards for 2008.
    Blessings~Barb

Loydine says:

You and your team are amazing! Timeless and classy stamp sets, c/s, ribbon, packaging and all the other goodies for card and gift making. And, now recipes for making beautiful cards! I think you have become the one-stop place for paper crafters!!

Gay Ferland says:

Wow!!! Beautifully done! I am doing my Christmas card shopping this year in one place…here!!! Thank you so much for doing this planning ahead of time for all to use! Amaising!!

WOw! These are all so great – I don’t know if I can decide which one to pick! Maybe several! Thanks for sharing!

Renee V. (happystamper05) says:

You and the Design Team did a fabulous job on these card sets! Thank you so much for the downloadable directions! {smooches}
    I can’ wait until tonight!
    Hugs!!!

Elin says:

Wow! What a wonderful idea and so many styles to choose from! Thank you everyone!

Jean Dominguez says:

As the others have said WOW! Thank you for all the beautiful inspiration & for having done all the hard work of figuring it all out. What more can I say but WOW!

OH, you fabulous girls. Thank you so much for your great work. I can’t even pick a favorite. I love it all.
    Eveline.

These are fabulous! What a gift they are!

laurie Hunt says:

I really liked all of the cards that the team put together. You asked about the detail sheet downloads, I did a PDF save of all of them and will put them in an e-folder. That way I have one example of a card made with the different sets. And I realized as I looked at them, that some of the examples could be used as other than Christmas cards with just some minor adjustment! Thanks for providing this. It looks like it was probably a lot of work, but it is really helpful at least to me. Sometimes there are little parts and pieces in each of the sets that I look at and try to figure out what it is or how to use it. This could be a way to figure that out!

cindy b says:

What a fantastic idea!!!! Such a time saver,
    I LOVE this service you have provided!!!!Once again, PT takes the lead!

Sherrie says:

This was a fabulous posting, Nichole. The cards are ALL amazing!! The talent of your design team is incredible. I’m very impressed…

Lesa says:

Nichole thank you and the design team so much for these card ideas. I have been looking thru magazines and idea books trying to come up with Christmas cards for this year and you just solved my problem. Now I can clear my desk and get started working on putting these together. I am going to a scrapbook retreat on the 23rd but I plan to work on my Christmas cards for this year. Having the worksheets just made my life so much easier. Again thanks for all your hard work.

Paula Laird says:

Uber cool! The hard part is deciding which one!

What a great idea! So many fabulous cards, each with it’s own unique flavor. It will be hard to pick which ones to try. Thank you so much for giving so generously! It’s like an early Christmas gift! Thanks again!

deb--s says:

Amazing!! πŸ™‚

Mary says:

These are so cute! thanks for sharing!

Steph says:

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this!!! What an awesome idea. Thanks to all the fab PTI gals for ALL of their hard work and love of paper crafting! Now I just have to decide what card to choose. Hmmmmmmmmm………

Tabitha A. says:

Nicole, what a fabulous group of women you get to work with. Thanks for putting the sheets together about how to make the cards! It really will help with holiday card planning.

Can’t wait to fill up my cart tonight!

What fabulous work! I love the idea of having a recipe card for mass stamping cards. πŸ˜€

However, some seem to have a detailed task list while others just have the cutting instructions. Am I missing a second page or something? Just wondered. I mean, I can follow it, but wondered if maybe something was missing from a few.

Thanks for the information though! I have a vacation coming up soon so I’ll be busting my bottom to get my cards done for the holiday. πŸ™‚

Jennifer,
    You aren’t missing anything. Some designers who had more in depth cards provided instructions, and others with more simple cards did not. I am sure if you have any construction questions, you could ask the designer via their blog or our customer forum. They would be more than happy to help you!
    ~Nichole

Wow! What a super idea – thanks for sharing!

Carol says:

Wonderful! Thank you for sharing your ideas to help us enjoy the season ahead!

Susan H says:

OH MY!!! Thank you ever so much for this posting! What a great idea.

Laraine R says:

You girls have outdone yourselves!! Great job and love all the new stuff!!

Alyssa says:

Wow. I am speechless. You have just made my entire season by inspiring me with the beautiful cards! I can’t wait to get to work on them! THANK YOU — do you know how much easier you make my life? SERIOUSLY! Baby #4 is due in April when my oldest turns 6, so from one busy mom to another, I can’t thank you enough for making it so much easier for me to continue doing what I love with papercrafting. You are wonderful!!!!!! ALL OF YOU!

Julie says:

Wow! Each and every one of these is amazing. No wonder these individuals are part of the design team. Such an amazing pool of talent.

Allison F says:

What a great bunch of cards and great previews! I can’t wait to see the whole sets.

Ahh…then I’m not missing anything. Yay! hehe

I can’t wait to get started! πŸ™‚

Crafty Math Chick says:

I really like these worksheets Nichole – THANK YOU!! I hope this is something you will continue to have your DT complete for us, saves a lot of guesswork!!

You are full of such great ideas!

Looking forward to tonight’s release,
    Meredith

Amy Johnson says:

I really love the ‘jingle all the way’ card. Too cute!

Wendy says:

Nicole and your design team are totally the most awesome. Thankyou so much for all of these ideas! You are defintely the number one blog! You have really out done yourself with all these ideas for cards I am so ready for Christmas. Keep up the great work you certainly do care about us stampers in giving us tons of ideas and help thank you again.

Linda Beeson says:

I am amazed at all of these amazing creations! It is so cool how different they all are and still with a holiday theme.

Wow – this idea is brilliant! So glad to have this – thanks so much!

Elaine says:

What great inspiration to get started on the holiday cards. Thanks!

Gosh I LOVE your blog. It leaves me inspired every time. Thanks, girl. I miss you!

XO!
    Megs

Irena says:

Wow! Wonderful cards :)))

Janet says:

Wow! This is such a great idea! I used 2 of the layouts to do some of my own cards and it made it so much easier with the dimensions already fiqured out. You guys have the best ideas! Thanks for all of the inspiration! If you want to see them: http://www.scraplikecrazy.blogspot.com (but yours are MUCH nicer:))

dgprocess says:

I’d like to see some Chanukah cards as well.

dgprocess says:

I’d like to see some Chanukah cards as well.

MF says:

bravo, c’est magnifique…
    MF

Melissa G says:

Where did you get the scalloped edge punch for the festive trees card? I love it!

leah says:

I love all these ideas, thanks so much for showing them to us!

LindaM says:

So many cute cards! Thanks so much for the directions and supplies lists. Can’t wait to start on mine.

Kimberly Ponte says:

I just found this site and I think I may be in love with you. I will be a frequent visitor! Thanks so much for the fabulous ideas/templates etc on your site.

Sharyn Davis says:

I can’t believe how great this is!!! You have thought of everything. Thank you SOOOOO much.

Traci says:

I can’t get any of the pdf files to download, are they still active?

Traco says:

Got them to work!

Thank you so much again!!!!

Alison Behan says:

I know this is a day late and a dollar short but I just wanted to say thanks SO much for all the instructions and the beautiful ideas :-). I’m the type of crafter that takes two days just to pick paper so any help is SO appreciated. So thank you from Ireland πŸ™‚

Lyndell Wright says:

This site is absolutely amazing!!!! I have just found card making and have been looking on the internet for a site that I really loved,I think I just found it!!!The cards from all the designers are really beautiful and it inspires me buy more bits for card making and get into it! Thanks for all the great ideas and inpiration Luv Lyndell.

Michelle K says:

Beautiful! I love the cup of cocoa!

Katherine K says:

HOLY MOLY! Every single design is fabulous. Give yourselves a pat on the back.

Karina says:

These are beautiful!

joanna says:

what a super idea.
    thanks for sharing..i only wish i had uncovered this weeks ago! It isn’t too late though, i Still have 20 more cards to make..
    so thank you again.

lily says:

Pretty nice post,I just stumbled upon your blog and wangted tosay that I have realy enjoyed browsing your blog posts,in any case I’ll besubscribing to your feed and I hope you write again soon! Ust want to say what a great blog you got here! Totally agree that is xactly how I understand it,great!and once the java universe doesn’t have an out side power as big as.IBManging to keep java open__things might get very different very quickly

BEAUTIFUL CARDS! we are so inspired by these!

Team Craftwell
    ecraftbycraftwell.blogspot.com

debraboswellbradford@yahoo.com says:

So So Beautiful!!! Thank you for sharing!!

Thanks for sharing your beautiful cards! Great ideas and use of the different colors you girls use. Keep up the good work! Look forward to seeing more of your work on Pinterest. πŸ™‚

Judy says:

You all are awesome. Thanks for the inspiration.