Introducing Chocolate Remix Paper Collection

By July 13, 2008General

Chocolateremixswatches

………………………………………………………………………………………
So there it all is for you to finally see!  The July patterned paper
collection entitled "Chocolate Remix".  The name suits everything
perfectly!  "Chocolate" because it contains monochromatic Dark
Chocolate patterns.  "Remix" because three of the papers use images
from some of our older more popular sets, Butterfly Kisses, Text Boxed & Green Thumb!

………………………………………………………………………………………

Swatchstampcoordination_2

……………………………………………………………………………………….
Stamping_patterned_paper
One of the fun things about the papers utilizing older images is that I purposely designed the papers in a reverse format so you could add color to them using the coordinating stamps and ink. (click the image to have a better look.)  For my project today, I decided to use the 6×6 Butterfly Kisses paper along with Spring Moss palette ink.  I simply stamped the small butterfly from Butterfly Kisses on top of each of the cream butterflies (these papers are printed on vintage cream paper, just like last month!  Yummy!)  I just LOVE the way this worked out!!!  It is so inspiring to have the opportunity to make the patterned papers you want, no matter what your color coordination need be!  It’s like having a little secret for creating the perfect one sheet wonder!

.……………………………………………………………………………………
Butterfly_just_because_card
..,.I hope you are excited to be able to pair these patterned papers along with some of the stamp sets you may already have in your stamping collections.  It is a great collection of papers that you will be able to pair with all kinds of amazing colors and enjoy it’s versatility.

.Butterfly_closeup_2
……………………………………………………………………………….

.……..
Back_of_butterfly
EDITED TO ADD:  I have received a lot of questions about WHERE the butterfly came from that is used in my project… is it a die cut?  Perhaps a punch?  I have to say neither!  I stamped the outline image from Butterfly Kisses onto Spring Moss cardstock and cut it out.  It is a fairly simple shape, so it is easy to do.

………………………………………………………………………………………
Front_of_butterfly
Then I flipped the butterfly over and added the dotted butterfly overlay image to it using white ink.  I love how this technique expands my options even further since there is no outline included on the finished side of the accent.  Three rhinestones added a bit of glam to the center.  One other trick I have is that after cutting a shape out like this that has a lot of curves, I like to go over the edges with a file or sanding block.  Any minuscule discrepancies easily disappear and I am able to blend the edges seamlessly together.

…………………………………………………………………………………..
One other side note… to confirm, these papers are printed on cream colored paper, rather than white.  I loved the end result so much last month, I decided to do it again this month!  Also, this paper collection will be available in both 6×6 & 12×12, with the 12×12 being twice the scale of the paper I used in today’s project, offering even more options for your design work!

………………………………………………………………………….

Creativeclicks

…………………………………………………………………………….
Stop by Amy’s blog to see the BIG news that has everyone buzzing!

And don’t forget to visit both Melissa & Alli to see what they have been up to!

………………………………………………………………………………..
Suppliestools

……………………………………………………………………………..

Stamps: Butterfly Kisses, Floral Frenzy (sentiment)
Ink: Dark chocolate & Spring Moss Palette, White Craft from SU!
Paper:Vintage Cream, Spring Moss, Dark Chocolate, Chocolate remix 6×6 pad
Other: Adhesive Rhinestones from Paper Studio, Rhinestone Brad from Making Memories, Spring Moss Twill Tape, small oval punch from SU!

Melanie W says:

Beautiful. Can’t wait to order some.

Oh my goodness. It’s just what I wanted!

Kristyn Sinnott says:

You simply amaze me! Wow…your ingenuity is something else. I was just going thru my stamps today and adhereing labels and thot…I need to use these older sets more. Perfect. Thank you.

Betsy Z says:

OMG, I think I’m actually tingly…

Heather J. says:

Awesome! This is such a great addition. Heather J.

I am going to go ahead and quote my wise friend Charlene from yesterdays comments. She said “I am dying!!!!!! And heaven looks like yummy dark chocolate!!!!!!” I AGREE!!!

Andrea says:

Beautiful paper Nichole! Loving the brown!

Morag says:

Your vision is amazing!

Susy says:

Mmmmm, chocolate, what more could a girl want…

Mindy says:

You’ve got to be kidding me! I had never thought of stamping on designer paper. You are so clever and the paper is great!

Kimberly says:

Wow! I’m the one who asked about Old Time Favorite pattern packs of paper!

I love how you have incorporated several older sets into one pack. The butterflies is going to be my FAVE!!! I’ll ask now if you will ever consider making a set of paper in multi colors of one or two designs … ooohhh .. butterfly kisses paper in a multi-color pack!

I sure hope you are NOT going to run out of these yummy selections this month!

Thanks for all that you do!
    Kimberly

LucyL says:

ahhh love those papers and your work…that rich bronw color is great… As usual your ideas are so clever, using older sets in the papers is such a neat ideat

CherylQuilts at SCS says:

Wow! I am so impressed with your creativity and ingenuity, Nichole! This is awesome! I love the use of some of our older favorite sets! Can’t wait to get this paper! Thanks again!!

Heidi S says:

Nichole you are brilliant! It’s as simple as that! Wow, what a great set of patterns set in chocolate!

Judy says:

Absolutely love this paper … my favorite to date! I told myself I was going to cut back on my spending this month, but NO, NOT NOW!

Oh wow Nichole! I love the chocolate patterned paper. It’s great that it coordinates with the stamps too.

Jessica M McLaughlin says:

Yummy paper!! Can not wait to get some to play with! Looking forwards to the release Tues! Jessie

Michelle says:

I love this! as I’ve said before! Every color goes well with chocolate!!!

Melissa (smileytexan) says:

Totally beautiful!! I think I’m loving this new color and everything that’s with it!! You blow me away every month with your new items. They are just awesome!

Renee V. (happystamper05) says:

Oh, I’m just giddy with excitement! Love the new paper collection…. and the way you can “color” it in…. fabulous!
    Hugs!

Linda w says:

These ideas are just so yummy. Can’t wait.

Charmaine says:

Ooooooo…ahhhhhh…love it! The deep chocolate color and the patterns…so lovely.

Charmaine

Melissa F. says:

Love the chocolate pattern paper and that is coordinates with some of the older sets.

Angela says:

What a beautiful card – I love the combination of shapes and patterns. I have a couple of questions: how did you make the scallop at the bottom of the card (it seems larger than a scissors). Also, would it be possible to include the card dimensions in the Supplies and Tools section?

Thank you so much for sharing your ideas, thoughts and ultimately, your designs. I’ve only recently discovered PTI and it’s quickly become a favorite because of the combination of product and demonstration.

Sara says:

This is so wonderful I have no words except for THANK YOU!

Chelle says:

OH MY GOODNESSSS!!!! i think i am in L*O*V*E!!!!!! butterflies, chocolate, AND polka dots…oh my!!! i adore the papers!! they are fantastic! thank you, thank you, thank you!!!
    chelle

Erica says:

I’m in love…love the paper (yummy!!), love your card, love the colours…it’s all fabulous :D!

Kathy says:

What Angela said! It would be great if card sizes could be mentioned in samples (from the DT too, pretty please) These samples are lovely, and the tips are so helpful–especially to those of us who are fairly new to all this. I’m striving for the level of precision you exhibit, Nicole, and so the little expert tips are incredibly helpful (in addition to LOTS of practice)! Thanks so much for all you do.

Happy Now says:

Absolutely amazing project… What a clever gal you are to create some designer papers to go with already released stamp sets… So smart!

Kim Leach says:

Breathtaking as usual, Nichole! Love the colors and the designs; how clever!
    Kim Marie

Sarah C. (WAstamper on SCS) says:

OMG! I CAN NOT wait to get my hands on that paper!!

Granna on the Go says:

Nichole, you are so over-the-top!!!!!! How clever to have a paper that we can customize! I love practicality! These papers are so awesome! How great to coordinate with previous sets! You stimulate such excitement and creativity! I can hardly wait for the release!!!!!!!!!!!!

Amanda Pedro says:

oh I just love the chocolate and of the few sets I have, they are all in the paper!!! Did you plan it just for me????!!!! lol

Caren says:

OMGosh! Is all I can say! I am so excited that the paper coordinates with older sets. I can’t wait for this releaase!!!! I am going to have to hit that “I want it all” button this time! 🙂

Debbie Fisher says:

What a cool idea! I have the butterfly set. I can’t wait to get this paper and ribbon.

Jen A says:

Love the chocolate! and these papers are awesome. Just a question…what was used to make the big scallops at the bottom of the card?

Oh my goodness! How much do I love this! What a fantastic idea to give us an opportunity to ‘add’ to this wonderful paper! This is genious! LOVE this! 🙂

Catherine says:

my fav color with just to die for patterned paper. love it!

Christi says:

This is fantastic!!! Wow!!

Cathy says:

I absolutely love this paper.

Ouch…I’m hurtin’…out of jealousy. I must have some! You create such beautiful projects & products!