On the road…

By June 22, 2008General

Ldi_beach
I apologize for being so quiet lately!  I’ve had MANY preparations to take care of so we can go on a little trip!   For the first time since starting Papertrey Ink, my family and I are taking an extended vacation!  We are going to my home state of Maine to visit with family & friends and absorb the scenery that we miss so much!  We are driving from Tennessee to Maine with three kids, so it should prove to be an interesting trip!  I have gathered the supplies for a new knitting project and four or five good books.  I think the relaxation will be good for my creative soul.  I am looking forward to the time with my family more than anything else.  It amazes me how fast the kids are growing up!

We are leaving this morning and won’t return until July 9th, just in time for the countdown!  I will be sure to stop in once in a while to say hi before then as well!  I hope you have a WONDERFUL rest of the weekend!

Signature

Heather J. says:

Enjoy your time with your family and I hope you all have a wonderful time. Heather

Bonnie Sharp says:

What a wonderful holiday for you! Enjoy the drive {if possible ;)} – it is beautiful!!

Jenny Mick says:

I hope you and your family deeply enjoy your vacation!!

kathleen says:

Oh, just looking at that picture makes me long for the coast—enjoy your time with family. As a mom of older girls (and one little “surprise” younger boy!) I can tell you that they grow up WAY TOO FAST—take every opportunity to enjoy them! I hope you come home feeling refreshed!

Angie Hamill says:

Heres hoping you have a BLAST and get there and back safely. Enjoy the time off. You deserve it.

Angie

Lorie says:

Good for you! Have a super fun time and come back with lots of new and fun ideas! Be safe!

Lisa K in TX says:

We are going to Maine for our family vacation too (july 22-Aug 6)! You are much braver than we are! We live in Texas but are flying into Boston and then driving! Which part of Maine do you go? Lisa K

Bee says:

Enjoy your vacation! ๐Ÿ™‚

Chelle says:

oh yay!! a vacay!! enjoy your time with your family (okay, maybe not so much the car ride up, huh??!!!) adn friends!!! we are lucky enough to be heading to maine in august (my husband was born there)…it is my favorite place in the world! enjoy!!
    chelle

Niki Estes says:

Have a great vacation, Nichole!!

Alexis R says:

Have a safe and wonderful trip! When we moved to TN from NY, my DH made the trek by car and I was fortunate enough to get to fly with our then 18 mo old!

Have a great trip, friend! You deserve it!! We’ll see ya when you get back!

Ann Lind says:

Have a great holiday and visit and come back rested and inspired. Take lots of things to amuse the children on the trip our youngest would start asking if we were almost there when we had hardly gone 10 miles. Enjoy Ann

kari & kijsa says:

Have a fabulous vacation!!

blessings,
    kari & kijsa

Katie says:

Nichole,
    Enjoy your family time. It is much deserved and I’m sure needed.

Kristy says:

Have a wonderful trip. I’m sure you’ll have some beautiful pictures from the trip. We’ll see you at the countdown!

Melodee says:

Let us know if you would recommend any of the “good books” that you are taking to read. Enjoy summer!!

Sara says:

Have a safe and fun trip with your family.

Elizabeth Jones says:

Good for you! My husband and I have been to Maine a few times and we absolutely love it. Enjoy your time “back home.” I’m sure we all look forward to your return! Take care and travel safely.

Have a wonderful, well deserved, vacation! As the mom of three myself, I am sure it won’t really start until you arrive! Good luck with the drive! I’ll be thinking about ya! Take care and enjoy yourself! ๐Ÿ™‚

LaCee says:

I always enjoy your site but didn’t realize you are in TN….where abouts?? Hope you have a great vacation and safe trip. I’m sure it is beautiful up there.

Have Fun Nichole! Atleast you have DH with you!! We just went to Ohio for 1 week to visit family. I drove ALONE with my 3 kids(4 and under!!)And that was a 9+ hr drive. I’d do it again though!!

Enjoy your trip,
    Monica

Beth Silaika says:

Enjoy your trip – If I had known you were coming by the area, I would have made dinner or something!

Have fun in Maine (hope these Thunderstorms we are experiencing of late avoid you and the family!)

CherylQuilts at SCS says:

Have a wonderful and well-deserved break and time with your family! See you in July!! Blessings!

Courtney says:

As a fellow Tennessean that is some drive! Good luck!

Kim Leach says:

Nichole! Good for you!! You certainly deserve a long and blessed rest so that God can re-fill you with that fresh wind of love and creativity to use your gifts! Have a tremendous time! Maine is beautiful country!
    Enjoy!
    Kim Marie

peggysue says:

Have a wonderful time! Enjoy your books, your knitting and the relaxation with the family.

Candice says:

Have a great time with everyone and rest, you deserve it Nichole. PS Say hi to Jen ๐Ÿ˜‰

Sara in WI says:

Have a safe and wonderful trip!
    Sara

Nichole,

I never knew that you were originally from maine – How cool! So it will be doubley nice to meet you on Sunday. Mainiac to Mainiac ๐Ÿ™‚ Travel safely and let’s keep our fingers crossed for better Maine summer weather.

Take care
    Cheryl

Susy says:

Have a wonderful safe and happy holiday.

Jana Weaver says:

Have a wonderful time up in Maine! I so wish I was going back “home” again myself this summer, but moving back to the US after 2 years abroad will keep me too busy (that and pregnancy!) I hope the stamping event planned with Julie goes great, and I’m still trying to convince my mom to go.

Hope you’re enjoying the drive!!! ๐Ÿ™‚

Mo Moss says:

Wish I were going to Maine to see my family once again. I know you will enjoy your family vacation as do we when we are up there. Eat some lobster, clams, and get on the lakes. I miss the lakes most of all,

Mo Moss says:

Danielle says:

I know it’s getting towards the end of this month’s challenges over at scrapfriendzy, but I would encourage you and your fans to join us in possibly next month’s challenges. Every other day or so there is a new challenge posted, and you have the entire month to complete all of them. Also, it’s a great way to learn new techniques, meet new people, and share your love of scrappin’ with others. Oh, and did I mention about the cool prize to the one with the most points at the end of the month?! Stop on by and give it a look… http://scrapfriendzy.freeforums.org

Danielle

Psst.. Congratulations on everyone’s promotions! We’ll miss those leaving too..

Lisbet says:

Awake in the night and cannot sleep. Decided to get some inspiration for the week so I began to jump around on blogs to see if my eye can catch some new ways. Iยดm really happy that I came across your blog and I have stayed much longer then I should at your place. Thanks a million for all the inspiration.

Katy says:

Have a good vaca & relax.I will wave as you drive by!

Shanan says:

Just stumbled onto your blog and I loved it! Have a wonderful, safe vacation and I’m looking forward to hearing all about it.