1 (Snowflake Serenade)

By October 14, 2007General

I decided to bring out the snowflake set one more time to show you a really quick & easy gift idea that you can create in a matter of minutes.

101407_ss_joy_stampFirst, cut a strip of blue cardstock 1-1/2 inches wide.  Stamp "Joy" down the length of it in varying heights using brocade blue ink.

101407_ss_embossed_snowflakesAdd snowflakes (stamped in Versamark) and heat emboss in white.  I used Vanilla Cream from Cornish Heritage Farms.  I love the way they package their embossing powders.

101407_ss_sprinkle_side_epOne side of the top has a shaker that makes it so easy to regulate how much powder you put onto your project.

101407_ss_large_opening_epThe other side of the top has wide open mouth that makes it easy to dump the leftover powder back inside.  Richard & Liz are so clever!

101407_ss_ingredientsAfter I finished creating my strip of decorative paper, I adhered it to one of our 8 oz. Round Clear Top Tins.  I used Terrifically Tacky Tape from Provo Craft.  I decide to make this into a "snowman Soup" gift tin.  These tins are plenty big enough to hold hot chocolate, mini marshmallows and a small peppermint stick.

101407_ss_free_downloadI decided to integrate the poem into my project by creating a label for the lid.  I designed one on my computer and have made it available to all of YOU as a free pdf. download. The labels are sized to fit within a Marvy Mega Scalloped Circle Punch.  The sheet I have provided for you has four sets of labels, to make it easier for you to mass produce if necessary.  I suggest printing the images out onto white cardstock.

Download snowman_soup_free_download.pdf

101407_ss_circles_punchedAfter I punched out the labels, I stamped one of the smaller snowflakes in the center as a finishing touch.

101407_ss_adhered_to_top_of_lidI adhered the "Snowman Soup" label to the top of the lid.

101407_ss_adhered_to_inside_of_lidI then flipped the lid over and adhered the poem label to the inside, being sure to line up the scallops.

101407_snowman_soup_tinPut the lid back on your tin, and you have an inexpensive & quick gift, ready to go!  You could stick it in a basket with a couple mugs and a beautiful card (made with the Snowflake Serenade set so it will coordinate, of course!).

I still have even MORE projects to share with you, so be sure to stop back by this afternoon!

SUPPLIES:

INK- Brocade Blue Classic from SU!, Versamark

STAMPS- Papertrey Ink

CARDSTOCK- Prism

OTHER- Ribbon from May Arts, Tin from Papertrey Ink, Giga Scalloped Circle Punch from Marvy, hot chocolate, mini marshmallows, peppermint stick, Terrifically Tacky Tape from Provo Craft

Sandy Kay says:

I am delighted to be the first to comment – this is SO cute! Thanks for all you’re sharing – I am SO excited to see the new sets!
    Sandy Kay

MSBetsyZ says:

EEEEEK!! STOP!!! My head’s gonna explode with all these ideas you’re giving me! Seriously, Nichole, I can’t stand it, lol… everything’s just too freakin’ CUTE!

Hugs,
    Betsy

Melanie says:

WOW Nichole, I am positively light-headed from viewing your gorgeous projects for this month’s countdown~!~!!!! The cake set is beautiful and very versatile and user-friendly, and this wonderful snowflake serenade set is stunning!!! I can’t wait for the next demo on your blog — you treat us so well by spoiling us with your beautiful sneak peeks!!!!!

So clever!

Now why am I craving a steamy mug of hot chocolate?

Carolyn King (Cammie) says:

As usual, these sneak peek projects are phenonominal! Wow! My head is spinning!!! Gotta stay awake tonight!

Debbie Fisher says:

Nichole, I love this idea. I am unable to download the soup verse here plus the downloadable you made for papercrafts. I keep getting an error message when I try to open. I first right click and click on “save target as”. It saves it, then when I go to open I get an error to open message. Know what I can do to get it? Never had this happen before on other items I’ve downloaded.

Melanie Muenchinger says:

cuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuute!

How adorable! I will be bakc! Thanks! Deb

Sandy Kay says:

Nichole,
    I was able to print out the snowman soup labels, however, it won’t work with my giga punch – the punch is too large. Should it be the mega punch? Unfortunately, I don’t have that one – yet!
    Sandy Kay

Sandy K says:

Your projects are wonderful. I’m so glad I signed up to get the newsletters. Thank you for sharing your creativity and your download.

Janet says:

Please, Nichole….stop!!!! You are killing me!

sue says:

I love these tins. I just decorated 3 of them to sell at a craft fair. Yours is so delightful. I may have to buy more and copy yours.

Tina Suzan says:

Love the snowman soup and poem…THANKS so much for sharing!!! Love everything you make..truly!! Creative and talented and always willing to share…thanks sooooo much. It really helps newbies like myself.

In Peace & Laughter,

Tina Suzan

Andrea Hays says:

Goodness! Do you ever sleep? Thanks for the freebie download and for your great ideas!

krisstee says:

NO FAIR! I am on the Atlantic coast. I may have to stay up VERY late tonight…….LOL. I am LOVIN’ the snowflake set. Your ideas are wonderful. You are the biggest ENABLER on the net. I am hooked. LOL

what an awesome project! love it, love it, love it!!!

Thanks for the freebie, Nichole! I love, love, love it! And I’m so excited about the party tonight! This is my RSVP… : )

Niki says:

Very cute! I can’t wait for this snowflake set! Thanks for the free download, too!

Gwen snater says:

I swear!!! YOU are the most talented Stamper I have ever seen!!!

Kathyc says:

This is adorable! Thank you so much for the free download; that’s going over and above! I’ve already got a set printed out; all I need now is the stamp set! See you at midnight (or 10:00 actually!).

Michelle (MilwaukeeMommy) says:

Adorable as always, Nichole!! I would love to make these for Xmas gifts. Still working on my Halloween coffee filter treats!! LOL!! (I’m a little slow!!)

Sara says:

Amazing, just beautiful Nichole! Can’t wait, what time is it anyway???

LOVE that “Joy” stamp – it’s so elegant and beautiful. The tin is adorable – you have so many creative ideas.

Susan says:

You are SO SWEET to share the snowman soup label with us! Thank you. I will use it this Christmas for sure.
    Susan

Jen says:

So sweet. I love it!

This is such a cute idea! Thanks for the download.

I absolutely loved the idea of the snowmansoup tin. Thank you very much for the freebie!! I used it to make a little christmaspresent. I mentioned the URL so I hope you can see what I made of it.

I also love all the other things you’ve made: you’re very creative!!
    Jill klein Gunnewiek
    (The Netherlands)

Shari says:

Nichole – Thanks for sharing the label! This is soo cute!!! I love your stamps and everything you do with them!

Kimberley Wright says:

Where do you purchase your tins.

Monika says:

No se como comprarlos porque es una preciosidad

Brenda says:

What a great idea! I have been searching for gifts to make for our annual fundraiser, for a coach house that our historical society is involved in restoring.

Roberta says:

hi I fell love with your creative cards or boxes. it makes me relaxing. Thanks alot
    I would like to join your sign.

Renee says:

I am brand new to scrapbooking and stamping and I am overwhelmed by the wonderful things you make! I will never achieve what you have, but I am going to try my darndest to make some cool stuff!

Angel says:

Hi there? I love your site! Is it possible if you could tell me how you did the circular sentiments via your computer like you did for the Snowman Soup? I would love to personalize things that way! I do appreciate it and thank you in advanced!

Sincerely,
    Angel

Linda says:

That is very pretty, thank you for sharing the poel and the label.

Lisa Holland says:

Thank you for the snowman soup template. Very fun! I will be using this. I appreciate it TONS!!!