Welcome to Transformation Tuesday!
We all have cards that don’t necessarily turn out the way we had envisioned or a project that we designed to be feminine that could be made masculine with a few tweaks. Some of you may remember the Recipe Remix Challenge from SAF 2013. It’s sort of like that (but with our own projects instead of customer submitted projects). The idea is to show a project transformed into something fresh and new.
Join Laurie Schmidlin as she revisits a fun technique using the Cover Plates: Heart Die:
“Transformation Tuesday is probably my favorite challenge here on the Papertrey Ink blog. I do enjoy recreating and tweaking projects that didn’t turn out as well as I had hoped. I also really enjoy recreating cards that I did like but want to customize for a particular season or holiday! The Huge Hugs card that I created for a Make it Monday video tutorial features a fun technique that I wanted to revisit. The Cover Plate: Hearts is perfect the upcoming love and wedding season so I chose this card for today’s inspiration. I used the same background and basic layout but changed up the colors and stamps giving it a whole new look!
- STAMPS: Gran’s Garden, Banner Style
- INK: Raspberry Fizz, Pure Poppy, Scarlet Jewel, Harvest Gold, Hawaiian Shores, Tropical Teal, New Leaf, Versamark
- PAPER: Stamper’s Select White, Kraft, Raspberry Fizz, Pure Poppy, Vellum
- DIES: Gran’s Garden, Banner Style, Cover Plate: Hearts, From the Heart
- OTHER: Glitter, Copic Markers, Wooden hearts, White detail embossing powder
Now we want you to give it a go! Take a card you’ve made in the past and transform it in some way.
If you are joining along, here are the details for this Transformation Tuesday Challenge:
- Create a project utilizing your take on the challenge. Your project must use at least one Papertrey product and transform a previous card you made into a new project.
- Please enter new projects only.
- Post your project on your blog, in your gallery or on any other photo-hosting site (such as photobucket or flickr).
- Add your project to our InLinkz list below. ONLY ONE ENTRY PER PERSON PLEASE.
- You will have until 6am ET, Tuesday, August 7th, to add your link to the list to be eligible to win.
- One randomly selected winner will be chosen from ALL the entries on Tuesday, August 7th, after 6am. The winner will be posted here on this blog post, on Twitter and Facebook. The randomly selected winner will get a $25 PTI gift certificate to spend however they like!
EDITED TO ADD THE RANDOMLY SELECTED WINNER:
Congratulations, Betty Wright! Please send an email to customer service and provide them with your full name and the email address you would like your gift certificate sent to. Thanks so much to everyone for playing along!