**Due to some technical glitches, this week’s Make it Monday is a photo tutorial instead of a video from Melissa Phillips. Thank you for your understanding and we will return to the regular video format next week.**
With the holidays right around the corner and so many fun products available from Papertrey Ink, I’ve focused my Make it Monday today on creating packaging using pre-printed paper from a few of the past mini kits as well as Papertrey Ink gift wrap dies. The selection is endless and so are the possibilities!
Let’s walk through a few steps to help you get started creating my first project.Step #1: Using Bitty Big Aqua Mist paper and the Essential Pillow Box Die, cut and assemble your package.
Step #2: Create a tag using Bitty Big Pure Poppy and Stamper’s Select White Cardstock and the Made With Love Tag #2 Die.
Step #3: Apple dimensional adhesive to the backside of the white cardstock layer and adhere to the bottom, Pure Poppy layer.
Step #4: Using the Fancy Flake die, die cut a snowflake from glittered cardstock and adhere near bottom of tag, off-center.
Step #5: Using the Holiday Hugs Mini Kit, die cut a sentiment circle and adhere to the center of your tag using dimensional adhesive.
Step #6: Also from the Holiday Hugs Mini Kit, die cut a winter hat and brim (from silver glittered cardstock), and adhere to top of sentiment circle, slightly off-center.
Step #7, #8, #9: Embellish with die cut images cut from the Holiday Hugs Mini Kit (holly berry, leaves, and snowflake). Finish with a button tied with twine as the pom pom on the hat.
Step #10: Wrap ribbon around the pillow box and tie in a bow.
Step #11: Tie top of tag with assorted trims to create a junk bow and then attach tag to center of bow tied around the pillow box.
Step #12: Finish by adhering a silver jingle bell to the center of your junk bow.
- PAPER: Bitty Big: Aqua Mist, Bitty Big: Pure Poppy, Holiday Hugs Mini Kit
- DIES: Essential Pillow Box, Made with Love Tag #2, Fancy Flakes, Holiday Hugs Mini Kit
- OTHER: assorted ribbon/trim, sequins, glitter cardstock, button, baker’s twine, jingle bell
Melissa also has a few bonus packaging with printed papers projects to share with you today:
- PAPER: Bitty Big: Smokey Shadow, Bitty Big: Orange Zest, Halloween Hugs Mini Kit
- DIES: Petal Box, Spider Web Trio, Halloween Hugs Mini Kit
- OTHER: polka dot tulle, sequins
- STAMPS: Sunflower Harvest
- INK: Olive Twist
- PAPER: Kraft cardstock, Bitty Big Canyon Clay, Bitty Big: Simply Chartreuse, Color Pop: Autumn Mini Kit
- DIES: In the Bag, Leaf Prints, Scalloped Tags, Forest Floor: Autumn, Color Pop: Autumn Mini Kit
- OTHER: trim, baker’s twine, mini clothespin, sequins
If you are joining along this week, here are the details concerning the Make It Monday Challenge.
- A new Make It Monday Challenge will go up on Monday mornings at 9am ET.
- Create a project utilizing your take on the challenge. Your project must use at least one Papertrey product and include printed papers on a packaging project like Melissa shared.
- Please enter NEW projects only.
- Post your project on your blog, in your gallery or on any other photo-hosting site (such as photobucket or flickr).
- Add your project to our InLinkz list below. ONLY ONE ENTRY PER PERSON PLEASE.
- You will have until 6am ET, Monday, October 1st, to add your link to the list to be eligible to win.
- One randomly selected winner will be chosen from ALL the entries on Monday, October 1st, after 6am. The winner will be posted here on this blog post, on Twitter and Facebook. The randomly selected winner will get a $25 PTI gift certificate to spend however they like!
EDITED TO ADD THE RANDOMLY SELECTED WINNER:
Congratulations, Emma Sleppy! Please send an email to customer service and provide them with your full name and the email address you would like your gift certificate sent to. Thanks so much to everyone for playing along!