We are pleased to introduce an exclusive presentation from Amy Sheffer.
"Stamping on fabric is easy and fun! Today we’re going to create a unique and reusable fabric gift wrap using linen or cotton cloth and fabric ink. There are many different creative ways to wrap and fold your stamped fabric. I’m excited to share one folding technique that is both adorable and deceptively easy!"
- Pre-wash fabric.
- Apply fabric paint to stamp using a sponge dauber, make-up wedge, or foam brayer. Stamp one corner of the fabric.
- To use stamped fabric as gift wrap, place your fabric square on the diagonal, stamped corner on the bottom and facing up. Place the gift box or gift item in the center of the fabric square.
- Fold the top corner down around the gift item and tuck the end underneath the gift item. Fold the bottom corner up around the gift, then fold the bottom corner back on itself to reveal the stamping. Bring the left and right corners together and tie-in a square knot. Tuck the bottom corner further behind the knot as needed.
- STAMPS: Beautiful Berries: Spring
- OTHER: fabric paint, sponge daubers and/or make-up wedges, linen or cotton fabric
- Now it's your turn! Create a project featuring stamped linen wraps. You can choose to re-create the exact project from Amy above or design your own using the same concepts. Your project must also incorporate at least one Papertrey product.
- Post your project on your blog, in your gallery, Instagram or on any other photo-hosting site (such as photobucket or flickr).
- Add your project to the InLinkz list below.
- You will have until 7am ET, Thursday, August 31st, to add your link to the list to be eligible to win. One project per person please.
- As a reminder, you will have until 7am ET, Thursday, August 31st, to add your link to the list to be eligible to win.
- One randomly selected winners will be chosen from all of the InLinkz entries on this post on Thursday, August 31st. The winner will be posted on our Thursday night Stamp-a-faire winners page after 9pm ET. The randomly selected winner will get a $20 PTI gift certificate to spend however they like!
- One randomly selected winner will be chosen from the comments of this post on Thursday as well. You will have until 7am ET, Thursday, August 31st to add your comment and be eligible to win. The randomly selected winner will get a $10 PTI gift certificate.
How easy is this project idea? And I love that the fabric gift wrap can be reused by the recipient too. Things like this that you can customize with stamps allows you to easily make gift sets with matching wraps, cards and tags. Have you used fabric paint with your stamps before? Is this a technique you think you will use often? We look forward to seeing your projects!