Another day of the fabulous June release has arrived! And we have some truly incredible things to introduce today! We know you are going to love all the inspiration too!
Herbs invoke a sense of healing and wellness. The Make It Market: Herb Garden mini kit is filled everything you’ll need to create cards and projects for many different occasions, from get well, to thank you and hostess gifts, and even wedding and bridal shower projects. The stamps feature beautifully illustrated images of some of the most popular herbs – rosemary, thyme, parsley, and mint, along with sentiments showcasing each herb’s meaning. The patterned papers are done in soothing shades of green, some of which feature pre-printed images that can be diecut for quick and easy projects.
Available for purchase June 15th. CLICK HERE for further product details.
Quickly create meaningful cards with these customizable quotes. This one focuses on a favorite friendship quote that is divided into separate sections. This allows you to use just portions of the sentiment or all of it together.
Available for purchase June 15th. CLICK HERE for further product details.
Now that I've made all of the formal introductions, let's get onto the projects!
For my first project I couldn't help but die-cut some of the pre-printed herb papers included in the new mini kit. They are just so pretty! While experimenting I found that they easily formed a pretty little herb bouquet.
I tied the bouquet with a bit of baker's twine and curled up a few edges of the die-cuts lightly with my fingertips to help define the layers.
- STAMPS: Cutaway Tags: Summer
- INK: True Black
- PAPER: Stamper's Select White, Herb Garden papers
- DIES: Herb Garden
- OTHER: twine
For my next card I was dying to try out one of the new stencils included in the set. They are so simple, yet SO versatile! They can be used for nearly any kind of project, and it's an easy way to ground focal point images without having to add another layer of cardstock.
All of the herbs are two step images so you can build amazing detail like this.
Each of the herbs has a title to stamp a long with it, along with a companion sentiment that conveys the meaning behind the herb.
- STAMPS: Herb Garden
- INK: Limeade Ice, Simply Chartreuse, Ripe Avocado, True Black
- PAPER: Stamper's Select White
- OTHER: Herb Garden stencil
One of the fun things about the new Quoted set is the ability to use all the pieces together or separate. Here I used the all together to create this simple but colorful card.
Since each line is a separate stamp it was easy to incorporate an entire rainbow of colors.
- STAMPS: Quoted: True Friends
- INK: Autumn Rose, Canyon Clay, Summer Sunrise, Simply Chartreuse, Ocean Tides, True Black
- PAPER: Stamper's Select White, Autumn Rose, Canyon Clay, Summer Sunrise, Simply Chartreuse, Ocean Tides
Lizzie Jones is joining me today, featuring Make It Market Mini Kit: Herb Garden
Lizzie allowed this sprig of thyme to take center stage on this crisp white card. Some light stenciling allowed her to ground the single image, but the many white textures she introduced play a fantastic supporting role.
- CARDSTOCK: white
- INK: New Leaf, Limeade Ice, Smokey Shadow, Aqua Mist
- DIES: Herb Garden Die, Double Ups: Rectangle Die, Woodgrain Impression Plate
- OTHER: Herb Garden Stencil, Make It Market Mini Kit: Sunshine & Rainbows (sequins), White Crochet Thread, Scotch Foam Tape
This gorgeous creation pairs the herbs up with the previously released Garden Variety. The three pops of pink she used for the twine, hearts and gloves add perfect balance.
- STAMPS: Herb Garden, Garden Variety, Garden Variety II, Love Lives Here
- CARDSTOCK: Fresh Snow Linen, Stamper’s Select Vellum, Dark Indigo, Herb Garden Patterned Paper
- INK: Ocean Tides, Stormy Sea, Pale Peony, Berry Sorbet, Dark Indigo
- DIES: Herb Garden Die, Mix & Mat: Pretty Brackets Die, Garden Variety Die, Seed Packet II Die
- OTHER: Sewing Machine & Thread, Scotch Foam Tape, American Crafts Twine, Corner Chomper
Lizzie perfectly executes a custom stamped background with a few different herbs from the set. All the different shades of green work wonderfully together and the pop of color used for the sentiment was just the thing to make it stand out from the crowd.
- STAMPS: Herb Garden, Keep It Simple: Happy Mail, Monthly Moments: Slide Frame
- CARDSTOCK: Rustic White, Classic Kraft, Cocoa Bean, Canyon Clay
- INK: Olive Twist, Ripe Avocado, Prairie Grass, Simply Chartreuse, Spring Moss, Terra Cotta Tile, Dark Chocolate, Fine Linen, VersaMark
- DIES: Slide Frame Die, Noted Die, Double Ended Banner Die
- OTHER: Scotch Foam Tape
Michelle Leone is joining me today, featuring Quoted: True Friends
These bright and cherry floral cards are the perfect thing to drop in the mail to a dear friend. The color combination Michelle selected is perfectly executed and totally makes the card.
- STAMPS: Quoted: True Friends, Cutaway Tags: Summer
- INKS: Berry Sorbet, Gold Harvest, Summer Sunrise, Green Parakeet, Blueberry Sky,
- Versafine-Onyx Black
- PAPER: Stampers Select White, Green Parakeet & White Basics, Fresh Snow Linen
- OTHER: Nuvo Crystal Drops: Ebony Black, Stitched Square die
You can never go wrong with anything rainbow hued and this card is no exception. The strip of rainbow stripes does a fantastic job of drawing your eye to the center sentiment.
- STAMPS: Quoted: True Friends, Textile Impressions
- INKS: Pure Poppy, Berry Sorbet, Orange Zest, Summer Sunrise, Harvest Gold, Lemon Tart, Spring Moss, Green Parakeet, New Leaf, Blueberry Sky, Hawaiian Shores, Amethyst Allure, Versafine-Onyx Black
- PAPER: Stampers Select White, True Black
- OTHER: Spritz (Target) B/W twine, Clear embossing powder
The bold red used prominently in this card instantly draw you in. I love how Michelle used the diagonal stripes to draw your eye from the sentiment over to the floral cluster.
- STAMPS Quoted: True Friend, Humming Along
- INK:: Pure Poppy, Scarlet Jewel, Soft Stone,
- PAPER: Stampers Select White, Pure Poppy & White Basics, Soft Stone
- DIES: Big Basics: Just for You, Humming Along
- OTHER: A Muse Slate ink, Clear embossing powder, Stitched Rectangle die
I hope you have enjoyed all the creations that I have shared with you today! So what do you think of Betsy's newest mini kit, Herb Garden? Pretty incredible, right?!?!? All the details and the clever sentiments too! And I don't know about you, but I will definitely be getting a lot of use out of those stencils as well! And we can't neglect to mention the latest Quoted set! I love how versatile True Friends is because you can use all of the bits and pieces together, or break them up and use them individually. And friends are always worth celebrating! We would love to hear your initial thoughts on everything we introduced! Please leave a comment on this post to tell us what you think of the new products and you will be eligible to win big!
Leave a comment today and you're automatically entered to win a $75 Papertrey Ink gift certificate!
You have until 7am EST, June 13th to leave your comment and be eligible to win. Only one comment per person please. One randomly selected winner will be announced on our June Release Winners Page before noon ET the same day. Thank you for stopping by today and best of luck with the contest!
CLICK HERE to see more from Betsy Veldman.
CLICK HERE to see more from Heather Nichols.
CLICK HERE to see more from Lexi Daly.