Hi everyone! Welcome to this month's Traveler's Journal feature. I am excited to share the new Traveler's Journal: Accessories die collection with you today as well as some fun pocket ideas that you can incorporate into your journals. You are also going to love all of the great inspiration that the Traveler's Journal team has to share today too!
I wanted to create some great essential accessories to use your journals and the Traveler's Journal: Accessories die collection is the result! In these pictures you can see all of the pieces that are included. There's a great pocket die, an instant photo frame die, a few fun label dies, and a tab die. (I realized as I was typing up this post, that there is one more die in the collection I missed including – a notched banner die – that you will see in the projects below)
These basics have so many possibilities – some that you will see in the projects that the team has to share.
I also included a pair of dies that you can use to punch the binding holes for making your own Traveler's Journal booklets. For the basic size booklet, cut your cardstock 9" x 4 1/2", find the center, set your die in place (tip: hold your die in place with some washi/removable tape when you run it through your die cut machine), and run through your die cut machine. One of the dies has a 1/8" size hole for using with thicker binding string/twine and the other has a 1/16" size hole so you can do a binding with a thinner thread
Now onto some Traveler's Journal spreads that I have to share with you today:
This layout is done using some pictures from my daughter Tacy's horseback riding program. I added a fun group shot on the left page and then used the new pocket die on the right page to tuck a few things into. Pockets really help you add more to a page and they also add a fun interactive element to your journals.
Seeing that there is something in that pocket makes you want to take a look, doesn't it? I dressed up the pocket using some of the On the Farm stamps and die.
Inside this pocket, I included journaling and another photo from the class. I added the tab to the side of the journal card to make it easy to pull right out of the pocket. The Monthly Moments: Journal Card 1 die cut fits right into the new pocket that is included in the Traveler's Journal: Accessories die collection.
I sized the instant photo frame so that it matches the actual mini instant photo size that you can find in stores. It makes this actual photo look like the instant photo version – so fun!
The title on the photo page uses the new notched banner die that is a part of the new die collection – I think is one of my favorite pieces that I will use again and again! The title is done using the Type Strips II stamp set and coordinating Type Bits Strip die on a white adhesive sheet.
This next layout is one of my daughter Hana's birthday On the left side of the spread, I included a photo of her that I actually cut out with the Monthly Moments: Journal Card 1 die. You might recognize that birthday tag from last month's release – it was perfect to use on this layout!
On the right side, I added a pocket that I made using the Monthly Moments: Journal Pocket 3 die. I actually trimmed the right page down to 1" away from the inside page edge and attached the pocket to that. That made the pocket kind of free floating in my book. I used one of the new label dies for the front of the pocket that I added some eyelets to and then I tucked some journaling and another photo into the pocket.
How fun is it to pull out these fun elements that go along with the main photo. They tell more of story about what happened on her birthday that year.
The unique charm of using these little Traveler's Journal booklets is how creative you can get with how you present your memories. I get excited when I think about how much fun my family will have going through these little books as time goes by.
I have one more layout spread to share today. This one is for my husband Chad's birthday. On the left side I added a journal card right to the back of the pocket that is on the layout on the previous page and on the right is a pocket with a few things tucked into it.
In the pocket is a photo of Chad on his birthday and another one of the birthday tags that I created for last month's release.
The front of the pocket had a title that I did using one of the new label dies, the birthday word using the Ways to Say: Birthday die, and some more letter stickers with the Type Strips II stamp set and coordinating Type Bits Strip die.
The journal card includes some typed journaling and a stamped border of birthday candles along the bottom.
My little journal is sure getting all filled up and I love all of the fun elements that I have added into it. This particular book is filled with lots of different layouts of just some favorite family memories from last year.
- STAMPS: Traveler's Journal: Typed Notes, Type Strips II, Library Ledger Years Addition, On the Farm, Ways to Say: Birthday, Birthday Style, date stamp
- INK: True Black, Fresh Snow, Smokey Shadow, Soft Stone, Hawaiian Shores, Summer Sunrise, Raspberry Fizz, Orange Zest, Aqua Mist
- PAPER: Stamper's Select White, Kraft, Smokey Shadow, Soft Stone, Aqua Mist, Hawaiian Shores, assorted patterned papers
- DIES: Traveler's Journal: Accessories, Type Bits Strip, Traveler's Journal: Envelope, Monthly Moments: Journal Card 1, Monthly Moments Mini Journal Card, Monthly Moments: Journal Pocket 3, On the Farm, Ways to Say: Birthday
- OTHER: white adhesive sheet, wooden stars, sequins
The Traveler's Journal team has a bunch of great inspiration for you this month. Make sure you click over to all of their blogs to see more about the projects that they are sharing with you today.:
"I sure have enjoyed getting back into memory keeping in my Traveler's Journal! I've also found I love a "chunky" book with lots of layers and extra inserts. Stop by my blog for some ideas on using pockets to maximize what you can fit on a single page — everything from a recipe I don't want to forget to a concert program to hidden journaling!"
- STAMPS: Moments Inked: Divided, Planner Banners; Traveler's Journal: Dates, Typed Notes; Monthly Moments: Tabbed; Palm Prints; Star Scribbles
- INK: Mint Julep, Pinefeather, Aqua Mist, Fresh Snow, Hawaiian Shores, Blueberry Sky, Enchanted Evening, Stormy Sky
- PAPER: Traveler's Journal: Page Blanks; Kraft, Mint Jule, Aqua Mist, Fresh Snow Linen, Blueberry Sky, Enchanted Evening, Pure Poppy card stock; Mint Julep + White Basics; Soft Stone Stripe; vellum
- DIES: Traveler's Journal: Booklet Accessories; Moments Inked: Divided, Planner Banners; Monthly Moments: Journal Card 5; Palm Prints; Songbirds; Leaf & Sprig Frames; Star Scribbles; Tiny Tags; Sketched Stars; Small Sketched Stars; Stitched Tag; Fancy Foliage Details; Limitless Layers: Heart Stitches; Bitty Button Stacks
- OTHER: mini paper clip, tiny attacher, ink blending tool, white linen thread, Enchanted Evening baker's twine, glassine bag, enamel dots, corner rounder, typewriter, alphabet stickers
Click over to Amy's blog to see more of her beautiful journal and how she incorporated pockets into her pages.
“The versatility of Traveler’s Journals are awesome, especially being able to creating one to suit your own needs! Today I’m sharing a project that I’ve been thinking about ever since Heather mentioned joining her Traveler’s Journal Team: A Project Life Planner! This planner will be super helpful while doing my favorite type of scrapbooking, providing a place to jot down quick notes of my day and planning my weekly layouts."
- STAMPS: Traveler's Journal: Dates, Traveler's Journal: Typed Notes
- INK: Stormy Sea, Tropic Teal, Green Parakeet, Lemon Tart
- PAPER: Stamper's Select White, Stormy Sea, Tropical Teal, Green Parakeet, Lemon Tart
- DIES: Countdown Details, Traveler's Journal: Outer Cover, Traveler's Journal: Accessories
- OTHER: Traveler's Journal: black elastic
Click over to Andi's blog to see more of her great planning system that she put together with the Traveler's Journal collection.
"The Traveler's Journal: Accessories Dies are exactly what you need to create the most adorable accents to your projects. They are the perfect way to incorporate your pattern and specialty papers to create even more unique albums."
- STAMPS: Traveler's Journal: Adventure, Traveler's Journal: Typed Notes, Phrases and Praises
- INK: True Black, Bright Buttercup
- PAPER: Maggie Holmes Bloom Paper Collection (Crate Paper)
- DIES: Traveler's Journal: Accessories
*additional products from this journal are available on Stephanie's blog
Click over to Stephanie's blog to see all of the ways that she incorporated the new Traveler's Journal: Accessories die collection into her pretty journal.
Thank you so much for joining me today and I look forward to sharing more Traveler's Journal inspiration with you next month!