We are thrilled to continue the momentum and present Erin Lincoln's second Quick Stitch Kit! Just wait until you see all the details!
The second Quick Stitch Kit will be released on May 1st and it is entitled "Design-A-Softie". This is one collection of tools and stamps that you will turn to again and again to make heirloom quality gifts with heart. Everything you need to make customized softies will be right at your fingertips! Besides the basic softie body parts, there are dies for different facial expressions, eyes, ears and even trendy accessories! You will be able to create special one-of-a-kind stuffed animals according to a child's favorites colors, interests and personality! Think of this as your own person build-a-bear, just on a more affordable level! Get your kit tomorrow night so you can get a head start on holiday gifts!
The "Design-A-Softie" Kit contains:
- Custom tote bag
- Design-A-Softie mini stamp set + index label
- Softie die collection
- Softie Ears die collection
- Softie Expressions die collection
- Softie Glasses & Mustaches die collection
- Softie Kerchief die collection
- Softie Patches die collection
- Softie Collar & tie die collection
- Softie Exclusives die collection
- Custom button mix (approx. 50 buttons total)
- (4) Iron-on 8-1/2" x 11" Transfer sheets/Fabric Stabilizers
- (1) pdf download with full instructions
Here are some additional details about each of the fabulous products individually!
The basic Softie die collection gives you all of the body parts to create a "blank" canvas. Watch this short video from Erin that shows you just how easy these can be!!!
A few measurements for the Softies die collection…
- The final assembled softie (with the basic ears) measures about 8" tall and 6" wide.
- Body alone measures 5-7/8" x 3-1/2"
- Arm measures 3" x 1-1/4"
- Leg measures 2-1/2" x 1-1/8"
- Assembled ear measures 1-3/8" x 1"
All of these Softie Expressions dies can be mixed and matched in hundreds of ways to create different faces for your special handmade creations!
Measurements for a few of the Softie Expressions dies…
- Basic smile measures 2" x 3/4"
- Whiskers measure 1" x 3/4"
- Large eye circle measures 1" diameter
- Stitched eyelashes measures 3/4" x 1/2"
These dies that are included in the kit will never be available for sale separately! They are exclusive to this kit as a package!
You won't want to miss the opportunity to add this incredibly sweet tushie pocket and coordinating note die to your softies! The pocket is great for adding a "name tag", presenting a special note, keeping a lost tooth, holding a gift card, and so much more!
These cute little merchandise tags are a perfect finishing touch, especially if you are giving the softie as a gift!
- Tushie pocket measures 3" x 2-1/4"
- Tushie pocket note measures 2-1/2" x 2-1/2"
- Rectangular merchandise tag measures 7/8" x 1-1/2"
- Heart tag measures 1" x 1"
This kit exclusive stamp set was designed as the perfect companion for the exclusive dies. These are the kinds of little details that really take a handmade gift to the next level!
- "Hello, my name is:" measures 1-3/4" x 7/8"
- "I was made with love by:" measures 1-1/4" x 1/4"
- Small heart measures 1/4" x 1/4"
- Crossed needles measure 3/4" x 3/4"
These little patches are just the right thing to add some contrasting fabric or felt to the belly of your softies!
The patch die measures 2-1/2" 1-3/4".
Two different styles of ears are included here, in addition to the basic one that comes with the Softie die collection. These options give you a more pointed, triangular style (think cats, foxes, etc…) and a long, floppy style (perfect for bunnies, puppies and more!). With all of the styles to choose from, you can make any kind of softie a reality!
A few measurements for your reference…
- Assembled triangular ear measures 1" x 1-1/4"
- Assembled long ear measures 3/4" x 2-1/4"
You can make your softies super trendy and stylish with the addition of glasses and even mustaches!
The pieces are easy to add to the face, especially since there are coordinating holes only dies. The angle that you put them on can totally change the personality of the softie! Don't be afraid to experiment with different materials for these particular dies too! Think shiny vinyl for the glasses or maybe a fuzzy faux fur for the mustache!
- Assembled glasses measure 2-1/8" x 5/8"
- Assembled mustache measures 2-2/8" x 1"
Isn't this kerchief addition just the sweetest thing!
You can have fun embellishing the kerchief in a variety of ways to suit the *personality* of your softie. Floral designs for a more feminine character or maybe stars for one that is more masculine. Check out this short video that Erin put together that shows you how easy it is to use and customize it!
The assembled kerchief measures 3-1/8" x 1".
Of course, there needs to be a proper collar and tie to add to the bunch!
Think of all the fun patterns and pops of color you can incorporate with the tie! It has so many options!
Here are a few measurements for you…
- Assembled collar measures 2-3/4" x 1/2"
- Neck band for tie measures 2-3/4" x 3/8"
- Assembled tie measures 2-1/8" x 7/8"
Erin put together an amazing custom button mix to use on your softies!
- There are tiny 1/4" black buttons that are perfect for eyes or pupils.
- The large 1" pink and red hearts can be used to "give life" to your softie, similar to what they do at popular build-your-own stores.
- There are even smaller 1/2" pink and red hearts that can be used for the same thing or paw pads and more.
- The red and white stars come in two sizes as well, they measure 1/2" and 3/4". They make good accents anywhere on the softie, especially for boys.
- And of course I can't neglect to mention the fabulous black and white checked 1/2" buttons that can also be used for accents.
In all, you will be getting approximately 50 buttons!
Four 8-1/2" x 11" iron on transfer sheets are included. We've discovered that it's super fun to stamp your own "accent fabrics" using this stuff, especially for the tummy and ears of your handmade softies! Check out Erin's video above to see how she does it!
You can iron it onto fabric or felt and add a handwritten note without any bleeding using an alcohol based marker (sharpie, copics…). You can even use this stuff as a FABULOUS fabric stabilizer! Just iron it onto the back of the fabric you want to use, then die-cut! Clean cuts every time!
Erin has thought of everything, and one of the signature items for each of her Stitch Kits will be a collectible tote bag featuring design elements from the kit. Not only will this tote bag be great for keeping all of your kit contents together, but you can use it to carry your softie projects around while you are working on them! The body of the tote bag for this kit measures a roomy 15" x 15-1/2" . All of us here behind the scenes are loving the graphic Erin designed for the front of the bag, so perfect!
Now that we have gone over all of the wonderful things included in the "Design-A-Softie" Kit, let's get to all of the details…
- The "Design-A-Softie" Kit will be available for sale on May 1st at 10pm EST at Papertrey Ink.
- We have a limited quantity of kits available.
- If a kit sells out of its original inventory within the first 24 hours, we will make additional kits available as pre-order items for a publicized length of time. Customers should know that pre-ordered kits could potentially have small product substitutions of equal value. Also, shipping times for the pre-ordered kits can vary greatly depending on the number of pre-orders received and how much inventory vendors have on hand. It can range anywhere from 4-10 weeks. You will be notified via email when your pre-ordered kit has shipped.
The majority of the dies in the kit will be available for sale separately after initial quantities of the kit sell out and any pre-orders have been shipped, but other items are exclusive to the kit and will not be available for sale separately. Below each of the individual items are provided again in two lists, noting which will be exclusive to the kit and which items will be available separately at a later date (to be established once inventory sells out/pre-orders shipped).
The price breakdown of each item is also included to help you see the value in these amazing kit.
>>>KIT EXCLUSIVE ITEMS
The following items are exclusive to this limited edition kit and will not be available again after the limited quantity of kits is sold out.
- Design-A-Softie stamp set + label ($6)
- Softie Exclusives, tushie pocket, merchandise tag, etc… die collection ($13)
(4) Iron-on 8-1/2" x 11" Transfer sheets ($4)
- (1) custom button mix, approx. 50 buttons ($4)
- Custom Printed Tote Bag ($7)
>>>OTHER KIT ITEMS
The following items included in the kit will be available for sale separately after initial quantities of the kit sell out and any pre-orders have been shipped
- Softie die collection ($16)
- Softie Ears die collection ($6)
- Softie Expressions die collection ($18)
- Softie Glasses & Mustaches die collection ($9)
- Softie Kerchief die collection ($5)
- Softie Patches die collection ($7)
- Softie Collar & tie die collection ($10)
The total retail cost of the main kit is $105.
PLEASE NOTE: This kit does not include felt. Papertrey Ink carries an entire line of custom felt colors in 100% wool that can be found HERE. Select your own custom combinations to be used with this fabulous kit! You can read all about our felt and its attributes HERE.
>>>The price of the kit qualifies for FREE shipping in the U.S. Standard international shipping rates and discounts are applicable. You can contact customer service with any specific questions.
>>>You will earn Customer Rewards Points for this purchase, just like you do with all of your other purchases with us. You can learn more about our Customer Rewards program HERE.
>>>Other items can be added to your order in addition to the kit.
>>>If you have any other questions, please contact customer service.
Now that we have gone over many of the details of the "Design-A-Softie" Kit, let me share a few projects with you that that the team has created!
Erin says,"I'm thrilled that you finally get to see my new Quick Stitch Kit: Design-A-Softie. There is some serious fun to be had in making your own custom stuffed animals. There are enough options to make dozens of different styles and animals. And not only that, I've made it super easy as well. I promise you'll have a ball while making them and you'll delight the lucky kids who get them as a gift. This is definitely a kit you don't want to miss."
CLICK HERE to see more from Erin Lincoln.
Hilary says, "This Design-A-Softie kit is guaranteed to bring out the kid in you. It is so fun to let your imagination run wild and create these fun softies that are guaranteed to make you smile. I adore this kit, and I have to admit, I have a few more designs in mind. It won't be long until I have a basket full of these adorably sweet softies."
CLICK HERE to see more from Hilary Kanwischer.
Lizzie says, "You are totally going to love the Quick Stitch: Design-a-Softie Kit! The features Erin has included can be mixed and matched to create just about anything you can imagine. I was able to put together some one-of-a-kind handmade gifts that I know will be treasured for years to come. I had so much fun exploring the possibilities and I'm absolutely certain you will, too!"
CLICK HERE to see more from Lizzie Jones.
Rebecca says, "I have a thousand ideas about the different Softies I want to make, but I also have as many ideas for non-Softies I can't wait to create using the Design-A-Softie kit. From pillows to gift card holders to envelope labels…the possibilities are limitless! And did I mention fun?!”
CLICK HERE to see more from Rebecca Luminairas.
Tracy says, "I love that this Quick Stitch kit allows me to make one-of-a-kind gifts for my friends and family. There are so many many options for personalization of each piece, you are limited only by your imagination in what you can make. Simple projects look great, but you can also do really elaborate softies, and use the dies for other things as well. I had so much fun putting together my projects, and I look forward to making even more. I can't wait to see what people do with this kit!"
CLICK HERE to see more from Tracy Miller.
Aren't all of these projects just SO CUTE! We hope you are as excited about this kit as we are! You should definitely treat yourself and order your very own "Design-A-Softie" Kit tomorrow night! Be sure to stop by the store at 10pm EST on May 1st to place your order and reserve your kit before they are gone!
Leave a comment letting us know what you think of this latest kit before 9:30pm EST, May 1st and we will randomly select one winner to receive a gift certificate in the amount of $105, equal to the value of the kit! Winner to be announced on this post shortly before 10pm EST May 1st, right before the kits go up for sale!
EDITED TO ADD RANDOMLY SELECTED WINNER:
Congratulations, Kim! Please send a note to customer service and provide them with the email address you would like your gift certificate sent to. And thank to everyone for playing along! Enjoy your weekend!