As crafters, we often have a bit of a thing for office and school supplies and if that is the case for you, then you're going to love today's new product introductions featuring none other than….the pencil! We've got a ton of fun in store for you with these new goodies….Grab a pencil, you might to want to make a wish list!
NOTE: Due to an unexpected family emergency, I personally will be contributing a limited amount of projects to this month's countdown posts. However, all of the talented ladies on the team have SO much amazing inspiration to share with you, there will never be a shortage of ideas. Thank you so much for your understanding.
Pencil Me In is all about the pencil – standard issue #2, patterned novelty, or even colored art pencils. The sentiments fit onto the pencil to personalize it further, perfect for congratulations, encouragement, or a simple hello. Also included are several doodles for your stamped pencil to draw. Write on!
- Pencil Me In will be available for purchase on April 15th.
- It will retail for $15.
- Pencil Me In contains a total of 25 images. The open pencil image is 4 inches long and about 1/4 inches wide. The eraser is approximately 1/4 inch square. The sentiments fit into the pencil width and vary in length, from a little longer than 1/2 inch to a little less than 2-1/5 inches long. The sketched smiley face is slightly more than 1/2 inch square, and the sketched looped squiggle is about 1 inch long by 1/4 inch wide.
- A coordinating die collection will be available for sale separately, retailing for $4. This collection includes a total of 2 wired dies. The assembled pencil measures about 4" x 1/4".
This fantastic paper collection will become a mainstay in your stash for sure! These basic notebook papers have a gray version and a classic aqua and pink version. Perfect when paired with the little doodles in Pencil Me In, handwritten style sentiments, Wet Paint, Happy Trails, etc…
- Pencil Me In paper collection will be available for purchase on April 15th.
- It will retail for $10.
- Pencil Me In paper collection contains 36 (4-1/4" x 5-1/2") sheets, 6 sheets each of 6 designs.
- Printed on our signature white linen paper.
- Coordinates with Aqua Mist, Berry Sorbet and Soft Stone
Pencilgrams is a new mini alphabet set perfect for mini monograms, specifically sized to fit our new Pencil Papers Collection. A few extra characters and images are also included to use as a design detail in place of or with the monograms, also sized to fit the monogram white space on the Pencil Papers. You’re not limited to monograms on pencils, of course! Spell a whole name or a word, create an alphabet background, or build a pattern with the mini borders – a great little set to have on hand.
- Pencilgrams will be available for purchase on April 15th.
- It will retail for $5.
- Pencilgrams contains a total of 34 images. The letters are about 1/5” square (slightly more or less wide for some letters) and are sized to fit on the “face” of a pencil, within the white band of space on the Pencil Papers Collection; the four mini borders are all a little more than 1” long. The loop squiggle and circles are both about 1/5” tall.
Lexi has also designed a collection of label sheets that are sized to perfectly fit a standard #2 pencil (unsharpened). Just peel, stick and burnish. There is a blank space at one end of the labels for stamped customization, such as sentiments, tiny images or monograms. There are many styles to suit both genders!
NOTE: because the mechanics in electric sharpeners differ between models and there is the possibility of the adhesive from these labels gumming some mechanics, we recommend only using traditional manual pencil sharpeners with pencils that have been wrapped in these papers.
- Pencil Papers adhesive labels collection will be available for purchase on April 15th.
- It will retail for $7.
- Pencil Papers adhesive labels collection contains 40 (6-3/4" x 1-1/2") labels total (4 sheets each of 10 designs)
- Printed on our special white peel & stick label paper for easy application.
- Coordinates with Hibiscus Burst, Orange Zest, New Leaf, Aqua Mist and Limeade Ice.
- Will fit standard No. 2 pencils. Best if sharpened with a manual sharpener rather than an electric version.
These bits and pieces from Erin Lincoln will allow you to make a custom felt pencil pouch! The "circular" areas allow small magnetic discs to be stitched between the layers as an easy open/close feature or you can adorn it with buttons. The back side can even have felt "loops" added to for an elastic planner band to be added.
Here is a great video that Erin Lincoln put together to show you the basic assembly of this versatile pouch!
- Pencil Pouch Die Collection will be available for purchase on April 15th.
- It will retail for $27.
- Pencil Pouch Die Collection contains a total of 9 dies. The assembled pencil pouch measures 1-1/2" x 6-5/8". To help you with planning out your materials, the main pouch die measures 6-3/4" x 4-1/2".
- You can use magnetic discs that are around 3/8" in diameter for best results, if going that route for your closure.
This extra die gives you the option to add a nice trim detail to your pencil pouch, perhaps in a contrasting fabric or color. Take a look at this video Erin put together that shows you how to add this to the pencil pouch. She also goes into detail as to how you can add the alternate button closure to them!
- Pencil Pouch Trim Die will be available for purchase on April 15th.
- It will retail for $5.
- Pencil Pouch Trim Die measures 5-1/2" x 7/8".
These dies, conceptualized by Laurie Willison, will allow you to add a spiral edge to anything you wish and add it to your planner. The perforation die can be used for pages that need to be torn out or removed easily. But don't limit them to your planner! They can also be used to make little notebooks, scrapbooks and more!
- Moments Inked: Edged die collection will be available for purchase on April 15th.
- It will retail for $8.
- Moments Inked: Edged die collection contains a total of 2 wired dies. The spiral edge die measures 7-1/2" x 3/8". The perforated die base measures 7-1/2" x 3/8", but just cuts the thin perforated line.
Inspired by the paintbrush holder die included in the You're a Masterpiece Kit, these are sized to hold a crayon or pencil (respectively). Perfect when gifting one of the custom pencils created with the supplies described above!
- Write Stuff Holders Die Collection will be available for purchase on April 15th.
- It will retail for $5.
- Write Stuff Holders Die Collection contains a total of 2 dies. The shorter crayon holder measures 2-5/8" x 3/4" overall, with a hole diameter of 3/8". The taller pencil holder measures 3" x 5/8" overall, with a hole diameter of a little over 1/4".
Now that I've made all of the formal introductions, let's get onto the projects!
Amy says, "What a fun collection of pencil and school-themed products this month! Perfect for teacher appreciation, end-of-year teacher gifts, and fun treats for both kids and teachers. Customizing pencils has never been so easy or fun — you’ll be wanting to make treats for the whole school!"
CLICK HERE to see more from Amy Sheffer.
Ashley says, "I like to think of today's featured products as office supplies. They are perfect not only to make your desktop beautiful, but also functional. Whether you need to make some pencil inspired cards, custom pencils, or a pencil pouch, these products will surely fill those needs. Stop by my blog to see how I've used pencils in my projects."
CLICK HERE to see more from Ashley Cannon Newell.
Betsy says, "Who doesn’t love new pencils? With all of the new goodies being released this month your pencils will never be boring! We’ve got clever ways to dress them up, stamp on them, attach them, store them, and more! So much fun! I hope you’ll stop by my blog to check out my projects using all of these new pencil-themed goodies!”
CLICK HERE to see more from Betsy Veldman.
Danielle says, "Today's post is all about pencils and notebooks and ways to jazz them up for the little book worms in your life! You'll love customizing gifts for kids and teachers alike with these fun new products!"
CLICK HERE to see more from Danielle Flanders.
Dawn says, "This is one of those days when the school supply lover in us all, should be very happy! Wait till you see all the pencil goodness we have to share today! I have several fun pencil projects on my blog today, plus a few other things too! I hope you'll stop by!"
CLICK HERE to see more from Dawn McVey.
Heather says, "My daughter Hana is 11 and the Pencil Me In collection as well as the stitched Pencil Pouch that attaches to the front of a notebook are things that are right up her alley. Her birthday is coming up soon and so I will tuck these right into her gift – it was so much fun to create and personalize all of the things I am sharing today just for her!"
CLICK HERE to see more from Heather Nichols.
Laura says, "A custom made pencil pouch and pretty, colorful pencils are sure to brighten anyone's day. I love these new products for making the ordinary essentials that we everyday pretty spectacular."
CLICK HERE to see more from Laura Bassen.
Laure says, "My daughter is just like me when it comes to office supplies. She loves her pencils and note pads! This month's goodies made it very easy to come up with a fun gift she will love. This coordinating gift will be sure to make her day!"
CLICK HERE to see more from Laurie Willison.
Maile says, "I truly had a ton of fun wrapping pencils! It doesn't get any easier then peel and stick. I loved the perfectly placed space which allows you to customize each one to your liking. These will make fabulous gift for sure!"
CLICK HERE to see more from Maile Belles.
Melissa says, "Spoil your favorite student or teacher with sweet, handmade gifts to remind them of your love while they’re off learning, teaching, and growing. Papertrey Ink has oodles of new products available this month that are bound to help and inspire you, whether you’re the student, the teacher, or someone who loves learning yourself.”
CLICK HERE to see more from Melissa Phillips.
CLICK HERE to see more from Erin Lincoln.
CLICK HERE to see more from Lexi Daly.
I hope you have enjoyed all these amazing creations that both the team has shared with you today! Aren't these new pencil-themed products so fun? Which one sparked your interest most? We would love to hear your initial thoughts on everything we introduced! Please leave a comment on this post to tell us what you think of the new products and you will be eligible to win big!
$75 Papertrey Ink Gift Certificate
to spend however you choose!
You have until 7am EST, April 13th to leave your comment and be eligible to win. Only one comment per person please. One randomly selected winner will be announced on our April Release Winners Page before noon EST the same day. Thank you for stopping by today and best of luck with the contest!