With most of the U.S. experiencing such a relatively mild winter, it's hard not to turn our thoughts toward spring! Thoughts of vibrant spring colors and whimsical themes keep popping into my head – and today, we have some introductions that play right to those warmer weather wishes.
Are you ready for Easter bunnies, chicks and baskets! Scrambled Eggs, a new set from Heather Nichols, has got it all covered. It was designed to coordinate with the egg die that was designed for the Egg Hunt stamp set. These sweet Easter images will be perfect for sending cards and to create tags for dressing up your Easter baskets!
- Scrambled Eggs will be available for sale on February 15th.
- It will retail for $15.
- Both the basket and chick images are just under 1-1/4" wide and is just under 1-3/4" in height. The 'happy easter' sentiment is just under 1/4" tall and is just under 1-1/8" wide. One rabbit ear is just under 1/2" wide and is just over 1" in height.
- It coordinates with the previously released set, Egg Hunt.
- A coordinating die collection will be available on February 15th, retailing for $4. It features a coordinating easter basket on one die, and bunny ears on the other.
Lisa Johnson's Sweet Spring is a whimsical and sweet springtime themed stamp set. The set includes petite butterflies, stitched center flowers, unique frames and sweet sentiments. The frame image coordinates with the Christmas labels die and the frame images in both sets work well together! Have fun creating lovely spring themed (and even baby themed) projects with this sweet set!
- Sweet Spring will be available for sale on February 15th.
- It will retail for $15.
- The largest solid frame image measures 3-1/2" x just under 1-1/4". The ovals are just over 2-1/2" x 1/2". The larger flower group is 1-3/4" x 1/1/4" and the smaller flower group is 1-1/2"x 1" wide.
- It coordinates with the Christmas label die.
These sets were so fun to work with – and I think you will feel the same way! Here's a look at what I created with them.
My first project today uses the adorable little chick image from Heather's new Scrambled Eggs set.
I stamped the chick onto white cardstock twice and cut out just the egg half and colored it with Aqua Mist & New Leaf Copic Trios. The chick portion was colored with Summer Sunrise Copics. I trimmed out a block of Classic Kraft cardstock and stamped it with the cute flower bunches from Sweet Spring using Fresh snow ink.
I die-cut the "basket" from white cardstock and trimmed a 1/4" strip of additional white cardstock to use as a handle. I die-cut the Egg die from white cardstock three times and stamped all three with one of the coordinating eggs from Scrambled Eggs. I got a pretty variegated look with the images by inking one half with a single color and the other half with an additional color, fading them together slightly in the middle. I also die-cut some leaves using the Sending You dies from Simply Chartreuse felt.
For the sentiment, I stamped Label Basics onto Classic Kraft cardstock and added the sentiment in True Black. I stamped the small butterfly from Sweet Spring onto white cardstock with Charcoal Palette ink. I colored it with aQua Mist Copic & added dots with a Spring Rain Copic.
I stamped all of the flowers onto Rustic Cream cardstock using Noir Palette ink. I colored them with Copic Markers (Pure Poppy, Summer Sunrise, Canyon Clay, Ripe Avocado). I outlined them with a T1 Copic.
The frame was die-cut from Pure Poppy cardstock and stamped with the coordinating image from Sweet Spring. I stamped the oval patterned center onto Harvest Gold cardstock using Summer Sunrise ink. I added the sentiment with True Black ink. I added a bit of Summer Sunrise Stitched Ribbon under the frame.
Today's post is also a group post, so prepare to be blown away at the wonderful creations that the design team came up with!
CLICK HERE to read more from Ashley Cannon Newell.
CLICK HERE to read more from Betsy Veldman.
CLICK HERE to read more from Danielle Flanders.
CLICK HERE to read more from Dawn McVey.
CLICK HERE to read more from Erin Lincoln.
CLICK HERE to read more from Heather Nichols.
CLICK HERE to read more from Jessica Witty.
CLICK HERE to read more from Lisa Johnson.
CLICK HERE to read more from Maile Belles.
CLICK HERE to read more from Melissa Phillips.
Thank you for joining us today. I hope that you have enjoyed the projects I created using these new and amazing products. We would like to offer you the opportunity to win all of this and more! Here's how!
Your challenge is to visit each of team member's blogs and locate the main photo of their "Sweet Spring Scavenger Hunt" project, which will be marked with the official Sweet Spring Scavenger Hunt logo. Search each of the eleven photos (this includes my blog + the ten DT members) for a small outline of an egg that looks like this:
DO NOT count eggs that are part of the project or stamped (solid and in color). Only the white outlined egg images will be included in the final count. Be forewarned that some photos may not have any eggs hidden within them and others may feature as many as three! Use the sheet below to keep track of your progress. Once completed, calculate your final grand total and add your official entry to the comments section of this post!
Here is a checklist for you to download & print and utilize to keep track of your count results for each blog…
1. Visit each design team member's blog. Count the number of eggs in all of the blog pictures for today (11 photos total, this includes one here on my blog and one on each of the ten DT member's blogs).
2. Post your final accurate count in a comment here on this post. (Just click the small "comments" link in blue beside the date in the footer of this post. If you are reading this via email subscription, be sure to click through directly to the blog in order to comment and qualify.)
3. You have until 7am EST, Monday February 13th to add guess to the comments and qualify for the contest. Only one comment per person please.
- Top 5 Spring Product: Friendship Jar Spring Fillers stamp set
- Top 5 Spring Product: Tag-its #3 stamp set
- Top 5 Spring Product: Year of Flowers: Daffodils stamp set
- Top 5 Spring Product: Wishing You stamp set
- Top 5 Spring Product: Springtime Doodles stamp set
- Sweet Spring stamp set
- Christmas label die
- Scrambled Eggs stamp set
- Scrambled Eggs die collection
- Egg Hunt stamp set
- Egg Hunt die
- Favor It Box #1 die
- Favor It Box #2 die
- Favor It Box #3 die
- Favor It Box #4 die
- Favor It Box #5 die
Thank you so much for joining us today for the festivities! We look forward to seeing you back here again tomorrow! Best of luck on the hunt!
CLICK HERE to see more from Lizzie Jones.
CLICK HERE to see more from Melissa Bickford.
CLICK HERE to see more from Maile Belles.
CLICK HERE to see more from Tiffany Pastor.
- STAMPS: Scrambled Eggs, Sweet Spring, Background Basics: Medallions (available February 15th)
- INK: Charcoal Palette, Fresh Snow, True Black, Summer Sunrise
- PAPER: Stamper's Select White, Classic Kraft, Harvest Gold, Aqua Mist Pattern Pack (stripes)
- OTHER: Egg Hunt die, Summer Sunrise, Aqua Mist & New Leaf Copic Markers, Aqua Mist Twill, New Leaf button, embroidery floss (DMC), Small Scalloped Border die
- FINISHED SIZE: 4-1/4" x 5-1/2"
EASTER BASKET CARD
- STAMPS: Scrambled Eggs, Sweet Spring (available February 15th) Label Basics
- INK: Aqua Mist, Spring Rain, Plum Pudding, Simply Chartreuse, True Black
- PAPER: Stamper's Select White, Classic Kraft
- OTHER: Egg Hunt die, Cover Plate: Quatrefoil, Shape Up Series: Cupcake die (bottom only), Sending You leaf dies, Simply Chartreuse felt
- FINISHED SIZE: 4-1/4" x 5-1/2"
SWEET BABY CARD
- STAMPS: Sweet Spring (available February 15th)
- INK: Noir Palette, Pure Poppy, Summer Sunrise, Tea Dye Duo
- PAPER: Rustic Cream, Canyon Clay, Pure Poppy, Harvest Gold
- OTHER: Christmas Label die, Summer Sunrise Stitched Ribbon, Summer Sunrise, Canyon Clay & Ripe Avocado Copic Trios, T1 Copic Marker
- FINISHED SIZE: 4-1/4" x 5"