Today marks the beginning of a very exciting release here at Papertrey Ink and I have some amazing products to introduce to you over the course of the next few days! I thought we would start off with a traditional icon on winter, the snowman.
First, a little clip from one of our family favorites to watch during the winter months… The Snowman. This particular scene always brings me so much joy and I thought it would be a great way to start off today's post!
Traditional white snowmen open up so many doors for clever color combinations and accessories.
But shaking things up a bit with patterned snowmen can be fun as well.
Snowmen can be created in so many styles…rustic to vintage, bright & bold to modern…
We are continuing the Shape Up series of dies this month with a new seasonal shape that opens up dozens of creative possibilities! This super-sized snowman measures 5-inches tall, allowing you room to create an A2 card once a hat is added on top of his head. I designed a coordinating stamp set that will allow you to add faces to the snowman, patterns & stripes to his mittens as well as other accessorizing. As for scarves, imagine strips of felt, ribbon or fabric tied around his neck. Children & adults alike will have SO much fun creating with these!
- Shape Up Snowman Accessories stamp set will be available for sale on October 15th.
- It will retail for $5.
- Shape Up Snowman Accessories contains a total of 17 stamps (1 hat, 2 faces, 2 solid carrot-noses, 2 sets of buttons, 2 mittens, 4 mitten stripes, 2 single dots and 2 snowflakes)
- A coordinating set of dies will be available for sale separately for $15. The Shape Up Series: Snowman die collection includes three dies. Hat (A) 1-3/4" x 2-3/8" (finished hat measuring 1-1/4" x 1-5/8"), Mittens & Arms (B) 2" x 1-1/4" (arms each measuring 1-1/2" x 3/8" and mittens 3/4" x 1/2" each), Snowman (C) 2-3/4" x 5".
We have received many customer requests over the last year for bigger version of some of their favorite Tiny Treats images. This month we have begun a new series to just this, entitled Tremendous Treats. To kick things off, we have begun with Tiny Treats: Christmas. We have super-sized many of your most well-loved images from the original set along with a few basic sentiments. Not only has the size been multiplied, but the amount of uses & applications has as well!
- Tremendous Treats: Christmas will be available for sale on October 15th.
- It will retail for $24.
- Tremendous Treats: Christmas includes a total of 17 stamps (13 images and 4 sentiments)
- Each of the original Tiny Treats: Christmas images was enlarged by approximately 200% for this new version. Each of the images measure between 1-1/2" to 2".
The images enlarged from the original set include the following:
- Ornament & Bough
- Gingerbread Man
- Jingle Bell
I also have the next installment of the Mat Stack extension series to share with you today.
Our Mat Stack dies are among our most popular products and this month we are continuing our new series geared towards them. Each month we will be introducing both a "Layerz" and "Mega" versions of the Mat Stacks. The "Layerz" version is approximately 1/8" of an inch larger all the way around, making it the perfect scale to mat the existing Mat Stack 3 shape. The "Mega" version is blown-up to be A2 card cover size and not necessarily used as a mat for anything. Just a fun super-sized way to jazz up your projects.
- Both the Layerz & Mega Mat Stack 3 dies will be available for sale on October 15th.
- The Layerz Mega Mat Stack 3 die will retail for $6.
- The Mega Mat Stack 3 die will retail for $12.
- The Layerz Mega Mat Stack 3 die measures 2-5/8" x 3-1/4". The Mega Mat Stack 3 die measures 3-1/2" x 4-1/2".
Now that all the formal introductions have been made, lets get onto a few of the fun projects I have in store for you!
My first project uses the Shape Up Series: Snowman dies paired with the coordinating Shape Up Snowman Accessories stamp set to create a shaped card. To create the shaped card, you just place the fold of your card along the dotted line on the die and cut. I cut this card from Kraft cardstock and stamped the cover with Background Basics: Text Style II using Fresh Snow ink.
I stamped the face with True Black ink and die-cut the hat from Melon Berry cardstock, stamping it with the coordinating image in Fresh Snow. I added a bit of a blush to the snowman's cheeks with Melon Berry ink. I wrapped a length of Aqua Mist Twill ribbon around his neck to function as a scarf. I accented the knot of the scarf with a Holly Jolly die, cut from Ripe Avocado cardstock and added a few rhinestones for the berries.
For the banner, I used some homemade washi tape (in case you missed it, you can see a video on how to make it HERE) made from 1/2" Scor-tape and stamped with Background Basics: Text Style II in Aqua Mist. I added the snowflakes to the banner strips with Melon Berry ink and used Simple Alphabet to spell out the word "Peace". Since I used washi tape for this, I was able to just fold the strips around the string with no mess adhering.
Now for something festive featuring one of the most beloved images from the original Tiny Treats: Christmas set, dear old Santa. The new mega-sized version in Tremendous Treats: Christmas coordinates well with the Limitless Layers 2.5" Circle die.
I die-cut the circle from Kraft cardstock and stamped Santa with Black Noir ink. I then colored him in with Copics & a white colored pencil. I also added a bit of sparkle with a Gelly Roll pen. To finish the focal point off, I stamped Background Basics: Christmas over the image using VersaMark ink.
The new Mega Mat Stack 3 die coordinates well with the Limitless Layers 2.5" Circle dies as well. Here, I cut it from Scarlet Jewel cardstock and stamped it with Background Basics: Twinkle using VersaMark ink.
I die-cut two pieces of Vintage Cream felt with the snowman die. Before stitching them together, I stamped the face onto one of them and used french knots to "trace" the image. I also stitched some Simply Chartreuse buttons down his middle.
After stitching and stuffing the snowman, I inserted sticks for the arms. I then used a hot glue gun to adhere mittens to the front and back of the ends of each stick for a realistic look. These would be so fun to make in a variety of colors!
I thought I would use the Layerz Mat Stack 3 die in a Half & Half sort of way by trimming the bottom off. I stamped the penguin in Black Noir and colored him with Copic Markers. I added some snowflakes from Shape Up Snowman Accessories with Smokey Shadow ink around him.
The background was created with the snowflake from Tremendous Treats: Christmas, using Fresh Snow ink on Ocean tides cardstock. All of these elements were adhered to a Lavender Moon card base, with a bit of floss wound around it and tied in a bow.
I was just a little giddy when I paired the Shape Up Series: Snowman with the cup of cocoa from Tremendous Treats: Christmas. They are really the perfect scale to complement each other! I die-cut the snowman from Vintage Cream cardstock and stamped it with Faux Ribbon using Haystack Palette ink and Spring Moss ink.
I stamped the mug onto the snowman body and then stamped it a second time onto a scrap of Vintage Cream cardstock. I colored the mug in with Copic Markers and carefully cut it out with scissors. It was adhered in place directly over where I had stamped the mug on the body previously. The arms were adhered to the back of the snowman, then folded around to the front and attached to the mug.
I hope you have enjoyed all of the projects I have prepared for you today! As you can see, these new goodies are incredibly versatile and can really add an element of FUN to your paper crafting! We would love to hear your initial thoughts on all that was introduced today! Is there anything in particular that has caught your eye? You could have a chance to win an amazing prize package just for taking the time to share your thoughts with us!
- Shape Up Series: Snowman die collection
- Shape Up Snowman Accessories stamp set
- Tremendous Treats: Christmas stamp set
- Tiny Treats: Christmas stamp set
- Faux Ribbon stamp set
- Mat Stack 3 die
- Mega Mat Stack 3 die
- Layerz Mat Stack 3 die
You have until 7am, Tuesday, October 11th to leave your comment and be eligible to win. Only one comment per person please. One randomly selected winner will be announced by noon the same day on our October 2011 Release Winners page. Thank you for stopping by today and best of luck with the contest!
Betsy Veldman is showcasing the Shape Up Snowman products as well as Tremendous Treats: Christmas.
Heather Nichols has a few things to share with her sets, Tag-its #9 & Winterberry.
Dawn McVey is sharing projects using her new sets, Christmas Poinsettia & Star of Wonder.
Tiffany Pastor is highlighting her new sets, Nativity Silhouettes & Additions.
Maile Belles has some new dies that you won't want to miss a peek at!
Melissa Bickford is sharing projects using her latest Flower Fusion set.
- STAMPS: Shape Up Snowman Accessories (available October 15th)
- INK: Black Noir
- OTHER: Shape Up Series: Snowman die collection, Vintage Cream, Terracotta Tile, Pure Poppy & Simply Chartreuse Felt, Simply Chartreuse Buttons, embroidery floss (DMC), white pompom (Dritz), sticks for arms
- FINISHED SIZE: 4-1/2" x 5-1/2"
HAPPY HOLIDAYS CARD
- STAMPS: Tremendous Treats: Christmas (available October 15th) Background Basics: Twinkle, Background Basics: Christmas
- INK: Black Noir, VersaMark
- PAPER: Kraft, Scarlet Jewel, Ripe Avocado, Vintage Cream
- OTHER: Limitless Layers 2.5" Circle die, Mega Mat Stack 3 die, rhinestones (KaiserCraft), Copic Markers, white colored pencil, Gelly Roll Stardust Pen
- FINISHED SIZE: 4-1/4" x 5-1/2"
SNOWMAN WITH BANNER CARD
- STAMPS: Shape Up Snowman Accessories (available October 15th) Background Basics: Text Style II, Simple Alphabet
- INK: True Black, Fresh Snow, Melon Berry, Aqua Mist
- PAPER: Kraft, Ripe Avocado, Dark Chocolate, Melon Berry, tissue paper
- OTHER: Shape Up Series: Snowman dies, Holly Jolly die, Melon Berry buttons, rhinestones (KaiserCraft), Aqua Mist Twill, pompom (Dritz), 1/2" Scor-tape, crochet thread (DMC)
- FINISHED SIZE: 4-1/4" x 5-1/4"
LET IT SNOW CARD
- STAMPS: Shape Up Snowman Accessories, Tremendous Treats: Christmas (available October 15th)
- INK: True Black, Fresh Snow, Smokey Shadow
- PAPER: Stamper's Select White, Ocean Tides, Lavender Moon,
- OTHER: Layerz Mat Stack 3 die, crochet thread (DMC), Copic markers
- FINISHED SIZE: 4-1/4" x 5-1/2"
WARM BIRTHDAY WISHES CARD
- STAMPS: Shape Up Snowman Accessories, Tremendous Treats: Christmas, In the Meadow (available October 15th) Faux Ribbon, Modern Wood Mats
- INK: Spring Moss, VersaMark, Dark Chocolate, Haystack Palette, Tea Dye Duo
- PAPER: Vintage Cream, Spring Moss, Scarlet Jewel, Fine Linen
- OTHER: Shape Up Series: Snowman dies, Mega Mat Stack 3 die, cScarlet Jewel, Spring Moss & Dark Chocolate Copic markers
- FINISHED SIZE: 4-1/4" x 5-1/2"