with all their beautiful layers…
Dawn McVey has designed a beautiful interpretation of the traditional Christmas poinsettia. With several layers and coordinating dies, it is easy to create custom sizes to accommodate your project, leaving out or adding layers as needed. The sentiments included with it are just fabulous as well!
- Christmas Poinsettia will be available for sale on October 15th.
- It will retail for $15.
- Christmas Poinsettia contains a total of 14 stamps (1 large poinsettia layer, 1 medium poinsettia layer, 1 small poinsettia layer, 3 centers, 1 leaf and 7 sentiments).
- A coordinating die collection will be available for sale separately, retailing for $8. This set of four dies will cut out shapes to coordinate with all three poinsettia layers, all three flower centers and the leaf. The dimensions of the dies are as follows: 3"x 3" (A), 2-1/4" x 1-3/4" (B), 1" x 1-3/4" (C), 1" x 1" (D)
I have designed a follow-up to our popular Wonderful Words collection, this one being geared towards the holidays! These three bold word dies can be paired up with the phrases & words in the coordinating stamp set to create dozens of uses. Imagine the large words cut from felt, fabric, fun foam, cork, balsa wood polar fleece and a variety of other materials!
- Wonderful Words: Holiday stamp set will be available for sale on October 15th.
- It will retail for $15.
- Wonderful Words: Holiday stamp set includes as total of 14 phrase/word stamps.
- A companion die collection will be available for sale separately, retailing for $8. It is a collection of three dies with the following dimensions: 3-1/4" x 1-1/2" (A), 4" x 1-1/2" (B), 3" x 1-1/4" (C)
- very MERRY
- MERRY & bright
- MERRY christmas to all
- MERRY christmas to all & to all a good night
- MERRY christmas
- HOLIDAY greetings
- HOLIDAY wishes to you & yours
- HOLIDAY gifts of joy to you
- HOLIDAY hugs & kisses
- PEACE joy & love
- PEACE be still
- PEACE be with you
- PEACE on earth, good will toward men.
Maile Belles has second new die this month that actually coordinates with the Wine Bottle Tag I introduced a few days ago. This new Tag Sale #5 with it's notched end is simple yet sophisticated and will add just the right touch of class to your projects!
- The Tag Sale #5 die will be available for sale on October 15th.
- It will retail for $6.
- The Tag Sale #5 die measures 2" x 3-3/4". It is slightly smaller than the Wine Bottle Tag die and they layer on top of one another perfectly.
To go along with this new tag die, I have our annual 2011 Holiday Tags set to debut! This year I personally designed all of the tags for this set, and opted for a smaller set of 5 tags to be more budget-friendly. A wonderfully eclectic mix of embellishments for all your holiday boxes and bags. All of the circular images coordinate perfectly with a 1 3/4" standard circle punch and our new Limitless Layers 1 3/4" Circle Die Collection. This product coordination allows you to easily mass produce dozens of tags at a time! But don't let the name fool you, these images don't have to be used just for tags! They also make fabulous focal points for cards and much, much more!
- 2011 Holiday Tags will be available for sale on October 15th.
- It will retail for $15.
- 2011 Holiday Tags contains a total of 14 stamps (5 circular tags, 1 "do not open 'til" label, 1 to/from label, 7 small companion stamps)
- Each of the circular tags in this set measures 1-1/2" in diameter, allowing them to coordinate well with our Limitless Layers 1.75" Circle dies.
Now that all the formal introductions have been made, lets get onto a few of the fun projects I have in store for you!
I created some background paper with Christmas Poinsettia. I started with Autumn Rose cardstock and stamped the medium poinsettia with Scarlet Jewel ink. I then added the centers to the flowers using Smokey Shadow ink. Background Basics: Text Style was added on top of all of this using VersaMark ink. To finish, I swiped some Fresh Snow ink around the edges.
New this month we are brining you Smokey Shadow felt. I die cut a piece with the Mega Mat Stack 1 die and then die-cut the word "holiday" from the center. I was sure to keep track of all the letter centers for future use.
I die-cut the word "holiday" again, only this time from Autumn Rose felt and carefully embedded it into the negative area of the Smokey Shadow felt. I replaced the Smokey Shadow letter centers where they belonged.
I added a Soft Stone sentiment strip that is stamped with the word "greetings" from the Wonderful Words: Holiday stamp set using Smokey Shadow ink. I stitched the edge of the strip in place and trimmed the edge with pinking shears.
I also used the new Tag Sale #5 die to create a accent strip for the front of the bag. The tags are die-cut from vellum cardstock and stamped with Polka Dot Basics II using Fresh Snow ink. I heat set the ink to speed up drying time.
For the focal point, I die-cut a piece of Spring Moss cardstock with the Limitless Layers 1.75" Circle die and stamped it with one of the 2011 Holiday Tags using Simply Chartreuse ink. I stamped the tag a second time onto Melon Berry cardstock with VersaMark ink and cut out the small "just" banner. Underneath the tag, I heat embossed Mehndi Medallion with White Filigree Embossing Powder.
I die-cut white cardstock with the Limitless Layers 1.75" circle die and stamped the tag image with Ripe Avocado ink. There is a small dot stamp in the 2011 Holiday Tags set that is intended to be used as a "berry" for this wreath tag. I added the berries with Pure Poppy ink.
The focal point was matted with another Limitless Layers 1.75" circle, this time in Pure Poppy. I added die-cut Pine Boughs on either side of the focal point. These were cut from Ripe Avocado cardstock.
This little label is also part of the 2011 Holiday Tags set. I stamped it in True Black ink onto Pure Poppy cardstock. I added the little "Dec. 25th" stamp (also included in 2011 Holiday Tags) with Fresh Snow ink.
For the poinsettia, I stamped each of the flower layers twice. Each time they were inked with Sweet Blush, with a bit of Raspberry Fizz ink around the edges. The graduated effect combined with the layering create a breathtaking flower. I added the leaves with Spring Moss ink, stamping them a few times without re-inking for an artistic effect. A couple pearls were added to the center.
Now that I have shared a few of my creations with you, let me show you the magic that the Design Team has created with this set!
CLICK HERE to read more from Betsy Veldman.
CLICK HERE to read more from Danielle Flanders.
CLICK HERE to read more from Dawn McVey.
CLICK HERE to read more from Erin Lincoln.
CLICK HERE to read more from Heather Nichols.
CLICK HERE to read more from Jessica Witty.
CLICK HERE to read more from Lisa Johnson.
CLICK HERE to read more from Maile Belles.
CLICK HERE to read more from Melissa Phillips.
CLICK HERE to read more from Michelle Wooderson.
I hope you have enjoyed all of the projects that both myself and the team have prepared for you today! As you can see, these new products can be combined in amazing ways! We would love to hear your initial thoughts on all that was introduced today! Is there anything in particular that has caught your eye? An image that might bring back memories of the past for you? You could have a chance to win an amazing prize package just for taking the time to share your thoughts with us!
- 2011 Holiday Tags stamp set
- Christmas Poinsettia stamp set
- Christmas Poinsettia die collection
- Wonderful Words: Holiday stamp set
- Wonderful Words: Holiday die collection
- Wonderful Words Additions stamp set
- Wonderful Words die collection
You have until 11:30pm EST tonight, Friday, October 14th to leave your comment and be eligible to win. Only one comment per person please. One randomly selected winner will be announced by noon the same day on our October 2011 Release Winners page. Thank you for stopping by today and best of luck with the contest!
Tiffany Pastor is highlighting her new sets, Nativity Silhouettes & Additions.
Beth Silaika has some things showcasing her set, Faith & Hope.
Melissa Bickford is sharing projects using her latest Flower Fusion set.
Maile Belles has more Wine Bottle Tag fun for you today!
- STAMPS: Christmas Poinsettia, Wonderful Words: Holiday (available October 15th) Background Basics: Text Style
- INK: Fresh Snow, Smokey Shadow, Scarlet Jewel, VersaMark
- PAPER: Soft Stone, Autumn Rose
- OTHER: Wonderful Words: Holiday dies, Smokey Shadow felt, Scarlet Jewel button, pinking shears, Mega Mat Stack #1 die
- FINISHED SIZE: 4-1/4" x 5-1/2"
FOR YOU GIFT BAG & FELT FLOWER PIN
- STAMPS: 2011 Holiday Tags (available October 15th) Mehndi Medallion, Polka Dot Basics II
- INK: VersaMark, Fresh Snow, Simply Chartreuse, Fresh Snow
- PAPER: Spring Moss, Kraft, Melon Berry, Vellum Cardstock
- OTHER: tag Sale #5 die, Christmas Poinsettia dies, Mega Mat Stack #3 die, Front & Center #1 die, pinking shears, Filigree White Embossing Powder, Simply Chartreuse button, metal pin back, sewing machine
- FINISHED SIZE: 5-3/4" x 7-1/2"
HOLIDAY WISHES TAG
- STAMPS: 2011 Holiday Tags (available October 15th) Background Basics: Sheet Music
- INK: True Black, Fresh Snow, Ripe Avocado, Pure Poppy
- PAPER: Stamper's Select White, Pure Poppy, Ripe Avocado, Kraft
- OTHER: Tag Sale #5 die, Pine Boughs dies, Limitless Layers 1.75" Circle dies, Pure Poppy Satin Ribbon
- FINISHED SIZE: 2" x 3-3/4"
PEACE ON EARTH POINSETTIA CARD
- STAMPS: Christmas Poinsettia, Wonderful Words: Holiday (available October 15th)
- INK: Raspberry Fizz, Sweet Blush, Spring Moss, Smokey Shadow
- PAPER: Stamper's Select White, Raspberry Fizz, Spring Moss
- OTHER: Wonderful Words: Holiday dies, adhesive pearls (KaiserCraft), 5-8" circle punch to notch corners (EK Success)
- FINISHED SIZE: 4-1/4" x 5-1/2"