Welcome back for day four of Papertrey's 3rd Anniversary festivities! We have had such a huge response from everyone and we are just thrilled that you all want to be a part of this!
I'm going to start today's post with a special announcement.
(just click the button below to hear all the details!)
(for a written transcript of today's message, please CLICK HERE)
So what do you think about all of THAT! Erin Lincoln & I hope you are as excited as we are for this new adventure to begin! And most of all, we look forward to getting to know all of you better through this program!
And a big THANK YOU to Erin for taking on the job as the Papertrey Radio Host. Not only has she done all of the research and technology development to prepare for our jump into this media, she's also going to be behind the scenes formatting each podcast. Thank you, thank you, thank you, Erin!
In honor of this new media we will be presenting, we thought it would be fun to include all of YOU in a fun project we are planning to share with you on release day, February 15th. We invite you to call in and actually leave us a voice message, wishing us a happy anniversary! It's quick, simple and FREE, using new google voice technology!
A few dozen of the messages left will be selected and featured as part of a special presentation Erin Lincoln is assembling. We would love for you to be a part of this! It just takes a few simple steps!
2. Google Voice will pop up with a box where you enter your name & phone number. (This information is not viewable by anybody and is just a temporary file that allows google voice to proceed with the next step. There is even a small box for you to check if you want your number to be COMPLETELY private, where we don't even see it in the voice message transcript we get.)
3. Hit "Connect". When you hit this button, you will be "calling" yourself instantly and your phone will ring.
4. When you pick up, it will be connecting you to our Google Voicemail. It will prompt you when to begin recording your message.
5. Be sure to begin with your first name and location, such as "This is Susan in New York" or "Hello from Alicia in Tampa". It will be fun to hear all the different location later!
6. If you aren't good at speaking eloquently on the fly (like me!), you may want to prepare a little something on paper first, so you can read and feel more at ease!
7. Hang up and hit "Disconnect" to end the message. It's that easy!
After you're done with you call, you can read on for another BIG announcement!
It's been in the works for over two years, and it is finally just about completed. The new and improved Papertrey store. Coming this spring.
Some of the features that are being integrated…
-improved functionality. We've heard you loud and clear! We have taken all of your suggestions into account as we work to make this new site the *ultimate* shopping experience.
-thousands of product tags, allowing you to perform searches in dozens of different ways to find exactly what you want.
-professional photography throughout, with detailed photos of each individual ribbon in every color and more!
This project has been monumental, but we are confident that once the new website goes live, your shopping experience will be unlike anything you have ever seen! Have no fear, it won't be much longer now and it will be well worth the wait!
After all that exciting news, what do you say we have a little contest? We'll make it super easy for you today to give you a bit of break so you are creatively strong for what's to come in the next few days!
Just leave a comment letting us know what you think of our Papertrey Radio announcement. Who would you like to see us interview over the course of the year? What kinds of things would you want to know? Are there any special features or other installments you would like to see us do with this audio media?
1. To be eligible to win, all you need to do is leave a comment, sharing your thoughts about Papertrey Radio!
2. Only one comment per person please.
3. Contest will close at 7am EST, Friday, February 5th. One winner will be randomly selected by noon EST the same day and announced on our February Release Winners page.
I have even more excitement to share with you tomorrow, so stay tuned and I hope to see you again soon! Have a wonderful day & do something creative!
P.S. Before I go, I just want to give a shout out to my sister, Jen, who worked as my "sound crew" during the recording of today's podcast. I couldn't have done it without her. Thank you, Jen!