This is one of my own inventions which I have tweaked over the last few months. I like to eat this as a side dish when we are grilling the main course already. I just throw the corn & red pepper on while the grill is preheating and have plenty of time to chop them up and serve while still slightly warm.
SALAD: Tossed Roasted Corn & Avocado Salad
makes 6 servings
baby greens (or any fresh green lettuce)
english cucumber (sliced & quartered)
radishes (thinly sliced)
ripe grape tomatoes
ear of corn, husk removed
yellow bell pepper
1. Chop & slice cucumber & radishes. Set aside.
2. Grill corn & yellow bell pepper for about 4 minutes, turning a few times for even heating. Dark char marks are a good thing! They will be tender crisp.
3. Roughly chop yellow pepper and cut kernels from corn cob. Set aside.
4. Halve avocados, remove pit. Scoop avocado from it’s shell with one scoop of a large spoon. Carefully cut each half into 1/4-inch slices lengthwise.
5. Toss together all vegetables, except avocado. Divide between six bowls. Fan a few avocado slices on top of each salad.
Serve with Homemade Rustic Croûtons and Roasted Tomato & Basil Vinaigrette (recipes for both coming tomorrow!)